Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Pikeville 11/13
Pikeville 36 Williamsburg 6
Pikeville 35-20...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Pikeville 35-20...

Can I catch a ride to Pikeville to get my barbecue dinner at piginapoke? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Can I catch a ride to Pikeville to get my barbecue dinner at piginapoke? Confusednicker:

Pg if I go you got a deal, you the BQ expert...May be we can get jetpilot to fly us up and back in style, I hear despite crashing and burning last year, he's still a very good pilot....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Pg if I go you got a deal, you the BQ expert...May be we can get jetpilot to fly us up and back in style, I hear despite crashing and burning last year, he's still a very good pilot....

sounds good. a first class flight.
I really am a barbecue expert Confusednicker:
Williamsburg freshman Qb Bowen looked good for his first start against south Floyd. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg freshman Qb Bowen looked good for his first start against south Floyd. :Cheerlead
Agreed. Watched film, he was a steady presence for being just a freshman. Going to develop into a good qb.
I have only watched Williamsburg play twice this year once against Leslie county and south Floyd. I still believe in Williamsburg football and I know Pikeville is a very good 1A team......Just trying to keep 1A Williamsburg Alive. :Cheerlead Very few posters are around anymore.
Pikeville be tested through the air in this one. I don't expect to much running from the burg but they may on a few downs. There line backing core are seniors so if they can get plays before it reaches the secondary then they will be okay. But Williamsburg will fight they actually played a pretty tough schedule.
Pikeville will dominate this game. They are on a mission,wanting to meet Paintsville again. QB youth for 'Burg hurts them. So I say Pikeville 42 W'Burg 19.
64SUR Wrote:I have only watched Williamsburg play twice this year once against Leslie county and south Floyd. I still believe in Williamsburg football and I know Pikeville is a very good 1A team......Just trying to keep 1A Williamsburg Alive. :Cheerlead Very few posters are around anymore.

55 and stay alive.
Pikeville by 21. Pikeville is a quality program. They seem to be part of the 1A argument every year. Williamsburg is better than average this year but struggle against the powerhouses. I have been on board since Bowen's uncle was the star in the 70s. Herron has done a good job making Williamsburg relevant but he does not have the horses this year.
These two teams have 3 common opponents, Paintsville, South Floyd, and Lynn Camp. It's not a perfect way to compare, but something to look at:

Pikeville vs Paintsville (L) 23-22 in OT. Pikeville had 231 rushing yards and 27 passing yards, Paintsville had 167 rush yards and 49 pass yards.

Williamsburg vs Paintsville (L) 39-15. Paintsville had 304 rush yards and 208 pass and Williamsburg had 126 rush yards and 157 pass yards

Pikeville vs South Floyd (W) 68-14. Pikeville had 284 rush yards and 117 pass yards. South Floyd had -18 rush yards (yes, negative) and 151 passing

Williamsburg vs South Floyd (W) 41-12. Williamsburg had 127 rush and 103 passing. S Floyd did not post stats, so I don't know.

Pikeville vs Lynn Camp (W) 68-8. Pikeville had 406 rush yards and 74 pass and Lynn Camp had 37 rush and 67 pass

Williamsburg vs Lynn Camp (W) 53-8. Williamsburg with 189 rush yards and 159 pass. Lynn Camp had 145 rush and 24 pass.

That's about the most Apple to Apple comparison you can make. Both of these teams are different from last year, and have even transitioned this year in season.

Pikeville should win this one. I know they are focused on JUST this game. Looking at video,they absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage vs Lynn Camp last week (even more so than I thought while watching it live, video showed just how big the holes were to run through) and I believe they are hungry as a unit. Should be a good game though, Williamsburg is not without talent. Their #4 has great hands and good field awareness. He jumped out at me the most when watching the video. Hard working bunch. Looking forward to this game!
PHSForever Wrote:These two teams have 3 common opponents, Paintsville, South Floyd, and Lynn Camp. It's not a perfect way to compare, but something to look at:

Pikeville vs Paintsville (L) 23-22 in OT. Pikeville had 231 rushing yards and 27 passing yards, Paintsville had 167 rush yards and 49 pass yards.

Williamsburg vs Paintsville (L) 39-15. Paintsville had 304 rush yards and 208 pass and Williamsburg had 126 rush yards and 157 pass yards

Pikeville vs South Floyd (W) 68-14. Pikeville had 284 rush yards and 117 pass yards. South Floyd had -18 rush yards (yes, negative) and 151 passing

Williamsburg vs South Floyd (W) 41-12. Williamsburg had 127 rush and 103 passing. S Floyd did not post stats, so I don't know.

Pikeville vs Lynn Camp (W) 68-8. Pikeville had 406 rush yards and 74 pass and Lynn Camp had 37 rush and 67 pass

Williamsburg vs Lynn Camp (W) 53-8. Williamsburg with 189 rush yards and 159 pass. Lynn Camp had 145 rush and 24 pass.

That's about the most Apple to Apple comparison you can make. Both of these teams are different from last year, and have even transitioned this year in season.

Pikeville should win this one. I know they are focused on JUST this game. Looking at video,they absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage vs Lynn Camp last week (even more so than I thought while watching it live, video showed just how big the holes were to run through) and I believe they are hungry as a unit. Should be a good game though, Williamsburg is not without talent. Their #4 has great hands and good field awareness. He jumped out at me the most when watching the video. Hard working bunch. Looking forward to this game!
good analysis. Williamsburg is well coached, and has some talent,but they lost a lot and it will take them a while to get back to the top.
Allow me to catch you up. I was slacking.

South Floyd is missing some film. I have tried to get their copy unsuccessfully several times.

Not sure what happened to the Paintsville and Belfry film. TongueirateSho
I am one of the Burg's biggest fans, but I'm not sure our 3-4 Defense will work w/ this game and not sure if Def Coordinator will make changes to fill the line. Harlan ran all over us, cause we didn't adjust till it was too late. Looks like Pikeville has a good running attack. Can the Jackets line stop the run? Can the D-Coordinator adjust his defense?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Allow me to catch you up. I was slacking.

South Floyd is missing some film. I have tried to get their copy unsuccessfully several times.

Great job as always. Us Pikeville fans are fortunate and appreciative of the hard work you put into it each year.
Love to see an upset.... but in reality Pikeville is to much for the the burg.
Been studying hard on my prediction still couldn't come up with anything, so I took a quarter out of my pocket am flipped it 64 times heads Williamsburg tails Pikeville came up with 36 heads for Williamsburg 28 tails for Pikeville. This is and old gambling problem I have 50/50 shot.

Williamsburg 36
Pikeville 28

Go Williamsburg :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

Must have ran out of budget money after the 2014 production Big Grin
64SUR Wrote:Been studying hard on my prediction still couldn't come up with anything, so I took a quarter out of my pocket am flipped it 64 times heads Williamsburg tails Pikeville came up with 36 heads for Williamsburg 28 tails for Pikeville. This is and old gambling problem I have 50/50 shot.

Williamsburg 36
Pikeville 28

You must be cross eyed and used a fixed quarter to come up with that. Confusednicker:

I give you grief over your music selection sometimes on these but you are the best in the Buisness my man! You are PHS' version of Ed Sabol....
64SUR Wrote:Been studying hard on my prediction still couldn't come up with anything, so I took a quarter out of my pocket am flipped it 64 times heads Williamsburg tails Pikeville came up with 36 heads for Williamsburg 28 tails for Pikeville. This is and old gambling problem I have 50/50 shot.

Williamsburg 36
Pikeville 28

Throw that quarter away and go back and study some more.:ChairHit:
Where's the belfry game at?
jetpilot Wrote:Throw that quarter away and go back and study some more.:ChairHit:

I been looking at last year Pikeville and Paintsville thread prediction and I am shocked about how many BGR fans was picking Pikeville over Paintsville. I was one of a few posters picking Paintsville. I will stand alone and pick another shocker. WILLIAMSBURG BABY!!! :partyhard:partyhard:partyhard
Williamsburg will make Panther Thunder video this year. :Cheerlead Its about time all I'm saying. :worthy:
Which of the Williamsburg fans on here is coming to the game? Looking forward to seeing Wburg for the first time in a LONG time not on video. Can't remember the last time they played?
PHSForever Wrote:Which of the Williamsburg fans on here is coming to the game? Looking forward to seeing Wburg for the first time in a LONG time not on video. Can't remember the last time they played?

If i'm not mistaken, it was around 06, maybe 07 when they came to Hambley complex. They had a good passing game with a lot of speed at that time.
Big Five-0- Wrote:If i'm not mistaken, it was around 06, maybe 07 when they came to Hambley complex. They had a good passing game with a lot of speed at that time.

2004 - Williamsburg was 12-0. Regional finals at Pikeville. Panthers won 29-22 in OT.