Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. Mercer County
Who ya got?
As much as I would love to see Clay win I just don't think they can pull ot off.
good luck tigers give them hell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Mercer 35 clay 14
Mercer by 21.
Mercer 42-20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seeing how Mercer beat East Jess 19-0, and East Jess beat Clay 42-0. I am going to go out on a limb and predict another running clock.
Wile E. Coyote stands a better chance of catching the Road Runner.
Mercer Big
The Tigers' season will come to an end Friday night and it will be time to shift to the hardwood. However, I know the football team will continue to work hard in the offseason.

Mercer County 34
Clay County 13
Like I said running clock, again. How bad is it when the team you are playing is already up so much that they are taking a knee before halftime when they are on your 20?
But on a bright note, we held opposing teams to combined scores under 500 coming in at 490. Almost beating last years 456.
The offense that made Breathitt what they were came in strong for the Tigers as well, totaling 156 this year. Nearly beating the 203 from last season.
Numbers don't lie.
I agree, I didn't see much improvement this season.
You didn't see any improvement. We feel deeper into a rut. The records of the teams we played were very similar. 2014 teams combined records were 57-69. 2015 teams combined records were 53-67 to this point. Granted, Clay won 2 games this year which is a improvement as far as the record goes. But, we competed less, 8 running clocks and a 29 point loss in the other game is pathetic. 2014 we only had 3 running clocks put on us.
People can call it what they want, and a win is a win, and we won more than we did last year. But, less points scored and more points given up to basically equal opponents shows me we declined.
We got a good group coming up, and if we don't find somebody that the boys will get behind and buy into. Well, if you are from here you know what will happen.
Everyone I have talked to seems to be behind them.