Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. CAL D-III State Championship
Private schools should be in D1
That statement is ridiculous about private schools. would you also put this is in high school? Desales should play in 6a against Trinity?
Agree with you Coach Lockwood. CAL has a total of 66 boys in the entire 8th grade class.
Congrats to Call. Privates should play up a class in high school.
Hate to hear that the game ended this way. Congratulations to the Panthers on a outstanding season.
So are we privates vs publics now? I have a question. Is it legal to privately subsidize middle school kids for sports/ agility training year round?

We do it with the luck of the draw!! No "holdbacks". Imagine if Jefferson County schools would allow that? And then imagine for TWO years.... I'm just saying.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:That statement is ridiculous about private schools. would you also put this is in high school? Desales should play in 6a against Trinity?

Why is it ridiculous ?? If a school can offer scholarships academic or other wise should have to play up , actually they should be in their own division. They do not have district boundaries like All other schools do . Should be in a even playing field is all I'm saying
I don't know if they offer scholarships in full or partial, and if I want a kid from another district all the parents have to do is pay to have him In That district. To me you are I. The if you can't beat em, know kc em out group. My team has to play CAL every year and it makes us better. I will not knock a parent for wanting their child to get a private education, sports just go along with being in school.

Does recruiting for sports happen? Yes.
But not every kid of that team is a stud.

The public vs private debate is silly to me, I understand it that some view it as cheating but I go by the rules set by the khsaa/kymsfa and they say their is no problem with private playing public.
I have no idea what you just said .. That's great you think it's silly that's your opinion , I don't agree that's my opinion just Bc I don't agree with your opinion mine is ridicules and silly lol .. Here's the issue I have and yes it happens . These schools not only recruit within the state but go outside the state you say all a kid has to do is pay and go to any public school they choose . How many kids going to public schools go out of state to attend a different public school ? I'm fine with them doing that I'm also good with playing them but as far as a state championship they should compete with teams who can do the same . And khsaa that you follow the rules of so closely must agree because no private schools compete in 1A
So since belfry has kids from WV, should they have to compete in the large division? (I don't think belfry would have any issue in D1 sine they beat the D1 champions this year anyway)
Guys, knock it off. Create another thread to have this discussion please. Congratulations to the Panthers on a great season, and congrats to CAL on the win.