Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Johnson Central 0
Belfry just wanted this one more! Belfry defense is very quick, and the D line looked very good with the #70 at nose gaurd. Gave Belfry a stout D line moving Bentley out to tackle and Horton at the other tackle. Great combination of size and strength up front and speed everywhere else. Belfry offense also operated very well. Protected the football and executed there blocking and reads perfectly. If this Belfry team has finally woken up and is starting to peak at the right time then there definitely a force to be dealt with in 3A

As for JC, they just seemed to be on there heels all night. Once they got punched, they never seemed to recover. JC is a very good football team that with no dought will be playing for a shot to BG. This loss will, do them some good and Matney will get to really see what needs to be worked on. Can say JC fans have been graceful in defeat and have given credit where credit is due, haven't made any excuses. Kudos! This Pike Co guy will be pulling for ya in BG!
I never pick against belfry unless Corbin comes to town and I probably will lose that one. Confusederiously:
adopted purple Wrote:Unbelievable. That why some pollsters had South Warren #1.

I really think that SW will win 4A. If they avoid their familiar playoff slip this year, though.

I'd love to see them play BG eventually. Not sure who would be to blame for their not playing.

For tonight though, I was entirely surprised by this score. I figured Belfry could very well beat them. I didn't think it would be like this. When I saw the score, I just assumed it was a mistake.

Would someone who was there be able to tell me when Belfry got the clock running?
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I really think that SW will win 4A. If they avoid their familiar playoff slip this year, though.

I'd love to see them play BG eventually. Not sure who would be to blame for their not playing.

For tonight though, I was entirely surprised by this score. I figured Belfry could very well beat them. I didn't think it would be like this. When I saw the score, I just assumed it was a mistake.

Would someone who was there be able to tell me when Belfry got the clock running?

Late 3rd Quarter... JC got the ball to start the 3rd. They punted and Belfry muffed the punt and JC recovered. Belfry held them in the redzone and turned it over on downs. On Belfry First 2nd Half possession they hit a long TD pass that put the running clock in place.

Belfry missed a 47 yard FG right before the Half that would have did it though.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Belfry just wanted this one more! Belfry defense is very quick, and the D line looked very good with the #70 at nose gaurd. Gave Belfry a stout D line moving Bentley out to tackle and Horton at the other tackle. Great combination of size and strength up front and speed everywhere else. Belfry offense also operated very well. Protected the football and executed there blocking and reads perfectly. If this Belfry team has finally woken up and is starting to peak at the right time then there definitely a force to be dealt with in 3A

As for JC, they just seemed to be on there heels all night. Once they got punched, they never seemed to recover. JC is a very good football team that with no dought will be playing for a shot to BG. This loss will, do them some good and Matney will get to really see what needs to be worked on. Can say JC fans have been graceful in defeat and have given credit where credit is due, haven't made any excuses. Kudos! This Pike Co guy will be pulling for ya in BG!
If JC played their complete varsity team in this game and got completely beat in every phase of the game then they have zero chance in in 4a. They have one of the best field goal kickers in the entire country and could not even manage 3 points. Based on this game jc and ashland will both get beat in the 1st round. Matney is very clever. I believe by rule he has to give his last game film. All is not what it seems.
no excuses here. We got whipped. I'd like to think Workman would've made a difference, but...

Yeah. I can't find any positives. This was a thorough beating.
I doubt Matney is really concerned about giving his game film to his first round opponent in the playoffs. They could prepare for a year and not stand a chance against JC.
Ashland is all that matters. But still. This is not the message you want to send to South Warren.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am glad that I slept through this game. The last thing that I remember was listening to Matney say that Johnson Central might rest some players tonight and that he has tried to get this game moved to earlier in the season. Hopefully, Johnson Central will bounce back to win a state title the same way that Belfry did after losing 35-0 to JC.

I will not be reminding people that JC played without key players every time that somebody posts the score from this game. If I forget that pledge, please remind me. I am not a fan of resting players to avoid injuries before playoff games, but Matney earns his money making those calls and I don't. A beatdown is a beatdown. No excuses.

I will say that tonight's games show that JC without Workman and Ashland without Baker are no threats to win a state title this season.

Congratulations to Belfry and good luck in the playoffs.
Just a little reminder that last year Belfry had 8 key players out. Thank you for well wishes for the Pirates. We'll be rootin' for JC. It would really be great if Belfry, JC, and Pikeville could all bring back state titles.
Truly at a loss for words. I would be lying if I said I thought we were going to win this ball game. Tough loss but that's why both of these high caliber teams always play each other. I want to apologize ahead of time to the JC fans on this website for any of the Belfry fans that can't accept the win with grace. I know this site is for smack talk and joking ,but don't let the village idiot ruin your perception of an entire fanbase. Can't wait to see the eagles and pirates representing eastern KY in Bowling Green
Football Granny Wrote:Just a little reminder that last year Belfry had 8 key players out. Thank you for well wishes for the Pirates. We'll be rootin' for JC. It would really be great if Belfry, JC, and Pikeville could all bring back state titles.
This is exactly the kind of post that I was talking about. Belfry lost last year's game 35-0 and JC lost this year's game 41-0. People do not need reminded every single time that these scores are posted that one team or the other played short-handed. Accept the losses, learn, and move on, but don't diminish the winning team's accomplishment by rushing in with excuses every time somebody posts a score.

I always pull for Belfry to win when they are not playing JC. The series has been great for both teams. Belfry has won titles after getting stomped by JC, as has Louisville Central. Hopefully JC can bounce back to win their first state title.
Ive thought all along Southwarren is #1 in 4a. As to this game ive thought all season Johnson Central would stomp Belfry, but sometimes in life you are just flat wrong. Its obvious to me that if Belfry will hang onto the ball they are scary good.
JC is trash!! Please continue!!
Wildcats11 Wrote:JC is trash!! Please continue!!

Classy
lol
Belfry makes the statement of the year, with this score.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I really think that SW will win 4A. If they avoid their familiar playoff slip this year, though.

About 4:00 minutes left in the 3rd.
JC still a cake walk to the Semi..Confusedinglepar
Rule of thumb is you should be playing very good football at the end of the season not getting hammered 41-0. If I was Johnson Central I would not be worried about South Warren. I be worried about trying to fix what happen tonight, You dont lose 41-0 and can say your a contender in any class the last game of the year!! Scott Knox Bell Wayne and I seen both Bell and Wayne and Knox play and when their playing well their tough and Knox has played the best schedule of all the 4A teams in the east.
WideRight05 Wrote:Don't get your hopes up Belfry. You'll still wet your leg in the playoffs like you do every year.

Really? They sure have wet their legs the last 2 years haven't they?
dawgbyte02 Wrote:yep that jc frosh team has some work cut out for them. good win for the pirates. how close to 400?

If my math is right it should be round 2 at the CAM against Russell most likely. Someone can confirm that or correct it of I am wrong.
The Belfry team I watched last night just flat out ran over JC. The Eagles have scored only one TD in two games, and were lucky they got that one. Belfry plays like they did last night they will have 3 state championships in a row. Go get it Pirates!!!
dawgbyte02 Wrote:If JC played their complete varsity team in this game and got completely beat in every phase of the game then they have zero chance in in 4a. They have one of the best field goal kickers in the entire country and could not even manage 3 points. Based on this game jc and ashland will both get beat in the 1st round. Matney is very clever. I believe by rule he has to give his last game film. All is not what it seems.

They use Hudi and it has all the games they have played this year
Belfry over looked a team or two this year but they won't the next time if we don't turn it over were really good and we're working on the mistakes getting better every week like we always do.
Mark it down, If JC and Ashland meet again JC wins by two touchdowns! I heard Matney say after he watched the game film he saw some things that would work against Ashland if they meet again. I was at the Ashland vs JC game and told everyone after that game that Belfry could beat both those teams. Looks like I may have been right!
Diogenes Wrote:no excuses here. We got whipped. I'd like to think Workman would've made a difference, but...

Yeah. I can't find any positives. This was a thorough beating.

I'm not sure its a 41 pt difference and he can not play for the whole "D" Belfry made Central look bad on a few plays. Four plays 2 runs of 88 & 80 and 2 passes of 74 & 35 other than that Centrals D played pretty well. Take those 4 plays away and the Offensive output would have been JC-119 BHS-113!
If Johnson Central and Ashland plays again, I really hope the chicken $hits from Ashland will show up, unlike their middle school, so Johnson Central can kick the lungs out of the Pussycats from Ashland. Best of luck to Matney and his boys. Bring the title back to Eastern Ky.
outsider Wrote:I'm not sure its a 41 pt difference and he can not play for the whole "D" Belfry made Central look bad on a few plays. Four plays 2 runs of 88 & 80 and 2 passes of 74 & 35 other than that Centrals D played pretty well. Take those 4 plays away and the Offensive output would have been JC-119 BHS-113!

Aw heck, why don't you just take away all the yards Belfry made and then you could say Central's D played great?
Tough game to break in a new starting QB that has taken zero game snaps all season. JC sat a few starters, including Workman but that had nothing to do with the outcome. It may have been a little closer but it does not close a 41-0 gap. 28-7 would be a more realistic number. Belfry is the better team and snapped a 28 game regular season winning streak that the Eagles had going for them. This game will undoubtedly give Johnson Central a gut check that they desperately need before heading into postseason play. They can either regroup, learn from their mistakes and realize people are not going to lay down because of the name on their jersey or pack it in, the choice is up to them. Hats off to the Pirates on the win and Horton played like the animal people had been claiming he was. Best of luck to Belfry on their quest to earn another State Title.
Great win and a well played game by belfry, I just wish central would have gave us a little more of a game going into playoffs. But nice win for us we will take it :Thumbs: