Poll: McCracken vs Bowling Green
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
#7 McCracken Co.
53.85%
#1 Bowling Green
46.15%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 5A Bowling Green vs #7 6A McCracken Co
Bowling Green has played teams from more higher classes than McCracken but McCracken being a new school has a tougher time at the present to play and schedule better teams. In the Purchase we need to play Graves. Need to play Christian County, Hopkinsville, Owensboro in the 100 mile range. Give us a break for couple seasons on the scheduling.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm so pleased to see you aren't in hiding anymore. Lets analyze Highlands 5 losses this year shall we?

Highlands had five losses nearly a decade ago and gave state champion Cov Cath their toughest games not involving an Ohio team. Oh yeah, Cov Cath destroyed BG in the state finals that year, too.
WideRight05 Wrote:Highlands had five losses nearly a decade ago and gave state champion Cov Cath their toughest games not involving an Ohio team. Oh yeah, Cov Cath destroyed BG in the state finals that year, too.

You are incorrect about Cov Cath destroying BG in the final. Cov Cath did win, but by a couple of points. They stopped the Purples on the one yard line as time ran out. Great game!! Purples beat Highlands the next year in the finals.
Could someone edit the above post. Wrong decade.
Bowling Green owes us one we sent Haley there and he brought them back and the current coach has been outstanding.
adopted purple Wrote:You are incorrect about Cov Cath destroying BG in the final. Cov Cath did win, but by a couple of points. They stopped the Purples on the one yard line as time ran out. Great game!! Purples beat Highlands the next year in the finals.

BG caught Highlands at the right time. Anytime between 2007 and 2014, Highlands wins with a running clock in some games and by 3-4 touchdowns in the others.
blue55 Wrote:Bowling Green owes us one we sent Haley there and he brought them back and the current coach has been outstanding.

I miss seeing Dan Haley roaming the sidelines. He was a great coach and a great man. He brought us our 1st championship. Dan and I come from the same area in Eastern Kentucky. He was from Pineville and I"m from Poplar Creek. We were very lucky to have him as a coach. He helped many young men succeed in football and life. We certainly do owe you one.
adopted purple Wrote:I miss seeing Dan Haley roaming the sidelines. He was a great coach and a great man. He brought us our 1st championship. Dan and I come from the same area in Eastern Kentucky. He was from Pineville and I"m from Poplar Creek. We were very lucky to have him as a coach. He helped many young men succeed in football and life. We certainly do owe you one.

You need to bring some players back to Whitley County lol
pjdoug Wrote:You need to bring some players back to Whitley County lol

I wish pjdoug. If I were a superintendant in Eastern Kentucky , I would find an assistant coach from Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green ect... Who knows how to win and platoons. It may take a few years to reap the benefits, but it would be worth it. Especially, a 5A school like Whitley County.
adopted purple Wrote:I wish pjdoug. If I were a superintendant in Eastern Kentucky , I would find an assistant coach from Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green ect... Who knows how to win and platoons. It may take a few years to reap the benefits, but it would be worth it. Especially, a 5A school like Whitley County.

There is an assistant at Bowling Green who was an assistant at Whitley many years ago.
So is McCracken County still taking real time video of their games and showing it to players on the sidelines for coaching purposes during the game.

And directed to the more informed, has the KHSAA sanctioned (approved) that and how does that reconcile with the KHSAA's rule on prohibiting video if used to obtain a competitive advantage.

Just asking for a friend.
Highlands V Cooper L 13-37
Highlands V Scott Co L 28-54
Highlands V Ryle L 24-48
Highlands V St.X L 6-37
Highlands V Simon Kenton L 3-42
Don't pay any attention to WideRight.. He's just upset Highlands is trash. Don't pay any attention to his statement from 2007-2014 that BG couldn't beat Highlands either... Becuase in one of those years they couldn't even beat Collins.. and two of the other years Bowling Green had the consensus number 1 team in the state. He's just upset. We will pray for you! Sorry that your mighty bluebirds are going to suck for the next decade.. Have fun losing to Cooper, Ryle, SK, etc. year in and year out. Sucks to suck bro....
Iam4thecats Wrote:There is an assistant at Bowling Green who was an assistant at Whitley many years ago.

Who are you talking about Cat man?
adopted purple Wrote:I miss seeing Dan Haley roaming the sidelines. He was a great coach and a great man. He brought us our 1st championship. Dan and I come from the same area in Eastern Kentucky. He was from Pineville and I"m from Poplar Creek. We were very lucky to have him as a coach. He helped many young men succeed in football and life. We certainly do owe you one.

I could not agree more having played for Haley myself long ago. He was pure class. Tough and disciplined and very smart, he knew the game and he knew how to get the most out of his players. Haley loved football, and aside from family it was the most important thing in his life. I miss him and I guess I always will.
adopted purple Wrote:I wish pjdoug. If I were a superintendant in Eastern Kentucky , I would find an assistant coach from Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green ect... Who knows how to win and platoons. It may take a few years to reap the benefits, but it would be worth it. Especially, a 5A school like Whitley County.

Yeah and a good coach starts a good youth program
Iam4thecats Wrote:There is an assistant at Bowling Green who was an assistant at Whitley many years ago.

Who?
Fade Wrote:Don't pay any attention to WideRight.. He's just upset Highlands is trash. Don't pay any attention to his statement from 2007-2014 that BG couldn't beat Highlands either... Becuase in one of those years they couldn't even beat Collins.. and two of the other years Bowling Green had the consensus number 1 team in the state. He's just upset. We will pray for you! Sorry that your mighty bluebirds are going to suck for the next decade.. Have fun losing to Cooper, Ryle, SK, etc. year in and year out. Sucks to suck bro....

WideRight only speaks about facts and truth Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:BG caught Highlands at the right time. Anytime between 2007 and 2014, Highlands wins with a running clock in some games and by 3-4 touchdowns in the others.

I find it hard to take someone serious, when his team has lost five games this year and my team has lost three games in the last five years. 😊
I don't know if MC is still doing the in game filming or not. I would assume they are. Why quit, if it's being allowed? I thought it was good to know that our boys on the field are the ones that figured out what they were doing and told the coaches. It's great to have smart players. The long touchdown on our first offensive play of the second half is the result of us coming out and running a play to the total opposite side of the play they called out. They all flowed to the wrong side and blocked themselves for us.
adopted purple Wrote:I find it hard to take someone serious, when his team has lost five games this year and my team has lost three games in the last five years. 😊

:lmao:
At our weekly breakfast this morning, we picked this one. There were 12 voters. More picked McCracken than BG.
McCracken is better than a lot of people think. If the Mustangs play to their potential then this will be a close game. Offensively I believe they will
put up points. The game will come down to the Purples offense and McCracken's defense which is suspect. One caveat though, the Mustangs have shown a tendency to fold in some big games and if they don't show up tonight they will get pummeled.
adopted purple Wrote:I find it hard to take someone serious, when his team has lost five games this year and my team has lost three games in the last five years. ��
True. But he probably doesn't take you serious when his team has won as many state championships in the past 5 years as your team has won in 100 years. Just saying.:1:

As far as this game, If McCracken has good offensive and defensive line play they can win the game. BG will have more athletes than McCracken, although none better than Zaire Hughes.
The only reason they are 8-1 is because of their schedule. They lost to 3A Paducah Tilghman. Beating Mayfield in overtime is their best win. They have given up a ton of points. As for the 12 people voting for the Mustangs to win, They must have mixed their coffee with whiskey. It will play out soon for all of you genius naysayers.
Thunder Lips Wrote:True. But he probably doesn't take you serious when his team has won as many state championships in the past 5 years as your team has won in 100 years. Just saying.:1:

As far as this game, If McCracken has good offensive and defensive line play they can win the game. BG will have more athletes than McCracken, although none better than Zaire Hughes.

Wideright and I have an unspoken respect for each others team. We kid around a little bit. I'm just glad he has you to speak for him. Must be nice.
mysonis55 Wrote:At our weekly breakfast this morning, we picked this one. There were 12 voters. More picked McCracken than BG.

So the majority of you are clueless?
Bowling Green 31-7 at halftime!!!
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green 31-7 at halftime!!!

Go Purples!