Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSX closes stations in Corbin
My prayers got out to friends, family, and all of those people affected by the loss of jobs. This will be a huge hit for the community.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...=phone&c=y
Very sad news for a lot of folks. The part that really pisses me off is the man that is response able for killing coal along with thousands of jobs will be in Charleston Wv tomorrow to solve the drug problem. So we're screwed again.
Another trickle down effect of Obama's war on coal. This is tragic! CSX is only a skeleton of what it once was in southeastern Kentucky.

I used to get so aggravated all so many trains going by at my kid's nap time. Nowadays, it's rare to even hear one.
CSX laid off around 380 in Tenn last week.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Very sad news for a lot of folks. The part that really pisses me off is the man that is response able for killing coal along with thousands of jobs will be in Charleston Wv tomorrow to solve the drug problem. So we're screwed again.

The "war on coal" is started by fracking; even if President Obama was not the President. The level of natural gas that has been found in the last six years makes coal very expensive compared to that. Now don't get me wrong, President Obama has used the EPA to hurt Kentucky, hence why Jack Conway has sued the EPA five or six times. However, we are now the Saudi Arabia on natural gas, which is good and bad.
tvtimeout Wrote:The "war on coal" is started by fracking; even if President Obama was not the President. The level of natural gas that has been found in the last six years makes coal very expensive compared to that. Now don't get me wrong, President Obama has used the EPA to hurt Kentucky, hence why Jack Conway has sued the EPA five or six times. However, we are now the Saudi Arabia on natural gas, which is good and bad.

I don't care what politician it is, it IS politicians who are responsible for this. CSX is one of the best jobs in this part of the state. These liberal idiots who think killing coal wont hurt anyone needs to look no further than this right here.
This is my town. These liberal ass holes in office caused this. No if and or butts about it. They should mind there own damn business and let us do what we want. Then cowards like McConnell and the jack ass Rand Paul act like they give two shits about doing something when I haven't heard another word about it since election day. Do you realize just how many thousands of dollars this will take out of our economy here? Do they realize that there is only one strip mine left in all of Harlan County right now (that I know of). Coal is not the problem. You are correct that its selling cheap, but when it sells cheap we can sale it to the foreigners. There is no reason to stop mining. At full capacity and busier than its ever been, we could mine coal for at least 200 more years in this part of the state. Coal is not dying, they have murdered it.

The end of the mining industry will cripple this ENTIRE state. Not just EKY. A lot of people don't know that WKY and Southern Indiana are heavily reliant on mining as well. This is the start of things to come. Those restaurants those rail workers eat at, the stores they bought there clothes at, the place they bought there gas at just lot that guaranteed income. It no longer exist.

Theres only one solution to this and that is to ignore the hell out of these dumb shit laws and keep doing what we want even if they send the national guard in. Theyd be sad to know a lot of them work for these places as well. Its time to put an end to this nonsense.
Amen.
Norfolk Souther laid off yesterday at 6 different places. Do to the downturn in coal demand.
Capitalism killed coal. It was only a matter of time.
This will be my only post on this matter as being one of the 230 that lost our jobs in Corbin. They can say its the downturn in coal all they want, the truth of the matter is CSX is teying a way to stop Canadian Pacific from buying them out. This was a way for them to show their shareholders that they can turn a profit. Its all about the mighty dollar thats the bottom line. CP has been trying to buy them for over a year now and I still believe when its all said and done CP will get what they want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:This will be my only post on this matter as being one of the 230 that lost our jobs in Corbin. They can say its the downturn in coal all they want, the truth of the matter is CSX is teying a way to stop Canadian Pacific from buying them out. This was a way for them to show their shareholders that they can turn a profit. Its all about the mighty dollar thats the bottom line. CP has been trying to buy them for over a year now and I still believe when its all said and done CP will get what they want.

Was hoping you wasn't one of the ones.
Sucks to lose a job, especially in a shit hole like SEKY where good jobs are very few and far between.
Looks like I'm moving to Jacksonville Florida to keep my railroading career going. Going to miss watching my Panthers play. But have to do what's best for me and my family. But it will check in from time to time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Best of luck panther. I hate to see you go but Jacksonville is beautiful and quite the step up and I'm sure you will adjust just fine.
I have a feeling a lot of others will follow suit. I myself am just buying time for the inevitable.
panther nation Wrote:Looks like I'm moving to Jacksonville Florida to keep my railroading career going. Going to miss watching my Panthers play. But have to do what's best for me and my family. But it will check in from time to time.
Best of luck to you Panther...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks really going to miss watching mountain football. But I will check in from time to time especially when football season rolls around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Good luck Panther Nation. So sorry to see you leaving the mountains!!

PS...you are welcome at my dinner table anytime you come back to visit!
Granny Bear Wrote:Good luck Panther Nation. So sorry to see you leaving the mountains!!

PS...you are welcome at my dinner table anytime you come back to visit!

Thanks granny. Keep a eye on 64sur and demarcusware
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Demarcus is getting hitched, and I can't get 64 back from Keenland!!

What's a Granny Bear to do???
Take care Panther, glad I got to meet you once.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Take care Panther, glad I got to meet you once.

:Sad04: I'm going to miss all of my BGR family, but this is the best for the wife and me. Guess I want have to shovel any more snow now....Confusedinglepar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
You don't have to miss your BGR family!! It's the right move for you and your family, but unless Jacksonville doesn't have internet service, you can still come on here and bitch and gripe!! Smile
64 is busy losing his money betting on killary :biglmao:
If I could make $2,700 in one day of betting, I'd bet on her, too.
If I remember right 64sur won a lot of money last year playing the ponies....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
He wins more money when he's drunk!

:truestory:
panther nation Wrote:Looks like I'm moving to Jacksonville Florida to keep my railroading career going. Going to miss watching my Panthers play. But have to do what's best for me and my family. But it will check in from time to time.

Praying for ya, buddy.
My friend Rodney lost his job in that shakeup over in Corbin too.
^
Thanks zaga. There was a lot of good men and women who lost jobs. Some of us have been lucky to get transferred to other places. But there is still over 190 that haven't been so lucky. Pray for them to that they may find work around home or get that phone call asking them to come to a new place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
One good thing is the Jaguars had a great draft.. Maybe you can fulfill your football fix with them...
^
Maybe I hear tickets are pretty easy to come by at a decent price
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!