Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry & Clay Prediction
Dominated by the Pirates! Who's next?
Crossbones Wrote::thatsfunn Don't know if that is the funniest post of the year or the dumbest? I'm going with dumbest. Every time I've seen Belfry play corbin in middle school, corbin lost. Most of the time by several touchdowns. Maybe that's why corbin dropped down. Confusedhh:

You must go back farther than I do. In the past 20 years Corbin has only played Belfry 3 times at the Middle School Level. Corbin won two of those games and lost the most recent (probably the only one you have seen) which was year of Belfry's first MS State championship. The schools in KYMSFA don't get to pick to play up or down in division, it's based on the enrollment and that put Corbin in D1. That was the best thing that could've happened to Belfry because they would've been embarrassed by Corbin last year. Over the past 5 years there has been some really great MS school teams such as Corbin 2014 & 2010, Bowling Green 2009, Williamsburg 2010, Northern Pulaski 2011, SW Pulaski 2012, and Belfry 2012. All of these teams were on a different level than any team this year. But, let's not take that away from what this Belfry group has accomplished and they may be the best in the state all divisions this year. I'm sure you are gonna get your wish and see Corbin and Belfry in a Middle School matchup again.
Death_Valley Wrote:This is funny😂😂😂 that's why Corban dropped to D-1 to get away from Belfry..

Crossbones Wrote::thatsfunn Don't know if that is the funniest post of the year or the dumbest? I'm going with dumbest. Every time I've seen Belfry play corbin in middle school, corbin lost. Most of the time by several touchdowns. Maybe that's why corbin dropped down. Confusedhh:

IronMan86 Wrote:Delusional you are

What's funny is you're attacking Corbin based on the posts of a Harlan County fan. Once again let me say Corbin didn't drop down, they had to move up a Division. A division that has consistently had the toughest competition. While Belfry had the luxury to stay down and play weaker competition. 2012 Belfry may have won State at all a Divisions, but since then Belfry has been in D2 and D2 has been the weakest of the 3 divisions.
Hounds had a dominant bunch last year. They were one of the better teams to come through Kentucky.
Last year's corbin Team was the best I've saw since Northern Pulaski bunch that are seniors now and defending 5A champs. Southern the year after was a really good team as well, the Fanning kid was amazing.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:That was the best thing that could've happened to Belfry because they would've been embarrassed by Corbin last year. Over the past 5 years there has been some really great MS school teams such as Corbin 2014 & 2010, Bowling Green 2009, Williamsburg 2010, Northern Pulaski 2011, SW Pulaski 2012, and Belfry 2012. All of these teams were on a different level than any team this year. But, let's not take that away from what this Belfry group has accomplished and they may be the best in the state all divisions this year. I'm sure you are gonna get your wish and see Corbin and Belfry in a Middle School matchup again.

Regarding your comments about last years Corbin team embarrassing Belfry's squad....You've completely lost your mind....:Thumbs:

Regarding this year's Belfry squad.... Believe me....when this team is at full strength....this bunch could have lined up with any of those teams you mentioned. And won their fair share of games. Unfortunately...you won't see that team. You'll still see an awesome bunch of kids...who are extremely dedicated.....but whoever lines up against them.....you're not getting them at full strength.

Feel fortunate in that. When healthy....this team is a BEAST. In their current state.....they're BEAST LITE.....
Not taking anything away from last years Corbin's team or 2012 belfrys team they was good and they proved it.. And on the other note this years belfry team when healthy could take them both.. With that they are the best team I've ever seen in middle school football on both sides of the ball..
Death_Valley Wrote:Not taking anything away from last years Corbin's team or 2012 belfrys team they was good and they proved it.. And on the other note this years belfry team when healthy could take them both.. With that they are the best team I've ever seen in middle school football on both sides of the ball..

I have to agree. This team...when healthy.....downright scary. IMO....they're gonna make their own mark in the annals of Belfry Football.

Special group of kids
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Regarding your comments about last years Corbin team embarrassing Belfry's squad....You've completely lost your mind....:Thumbs:

Regarding this year's Belfry squad.... Believe me....when this team is at full strength....this bunch could have lined up with any of those teams you mentioned. And won their fair share of games. Unfortunately...you won't see that team. You'll still see an awesome bunch of kids...who are extremely dedicated.....but whoever lines up against them.....you're not getting them at full strength.

Feel fortunate in that. When healthy....this team is a BEAST. In their current state.....they're BEAST LITE.....

It is what it is, and you can express your opinion and I will express mine. The thing is it doesn't make either statements any more true, and we won't ever know how it would have went. You can talk about injuries, but the bottom line is Corbin was never at full strength for their two runs in 2013 and 2014. My opinion is all the teams I mentioned would beat this years Belfry with a couple putting a running clock on them. But, I think it shows the truth when fans of other teams acknowledge that this years Belfry team is great, but not on the level I mentioned. The only support you have behind your statements are the rest of the mommy and daddy's from Pond Creek.
Death_Valley Wrote:Not taking anything away from last years Corbin's team or 2012 belfrys team they was good and they proved it.. And on the other note this years belfry team when healthy could take them both.. With that they are the best team I've ever seen in middle school football on both sides of the ball..

It's a shame you haven't watched much middle school football other than what is played at Pond Creek...
Congrats to Corbin for all your successes. We at Belfry are proud of our successes too. Going for our 4th straight state championship, and our high school is going after their third straight state championship. We must be doing something right in Pond Creek. The proof is in the trophy cases at Pond Creek. As for us not watching much football other than what is played at Pond Creek, I'm the proud mother of a top 10 linebacker in the nation at FBU's Top Gun showcase, so trust me, I've watched a lot of football other than Pond Creek football! As you can tell by how many times I've said it, I LOVE SOME POND CREEK FOOTBALL!!!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:It's a shame you haven't watched much middle school football other than what is played at Pond Creek...

I've watched a lot, it's just your football iq is very poor. I watched Corbin play twice last year at their best and they would get embarrassed by this years belfry team..
I would put Belfry's 2012 above anyone until proven otherwise

Their High School merits speak for themselves thusfar... until I See another team parlay their success into two State Titles at the HS level (with potentially more accolades to come) this Belfry team is the gold standard thusfar and it is essentially a moot point.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would put Belfry's 2012 above anyone until proven otherwise

Their High School merits speak for themselves thusfar...

I watched that team and they were one of the better middle school teams I've ever seen. I stated that, unfortunately all the Belfry mommy and daddy's are unwilling to take their blinders off. This year 8th grade is great just not on that level.
Death_Valley Wrote:I've watched a lot, it's just your football iq is very poor. I watched Corbin play twice last year at their best and they would get embarrassed by this years belfry team..

The thing with all the teams I mentioned they were littered with kids that went on to start varsity as freshmen on already talented teams. Will this Belfry 8th grade group do that?
footballmom33 Wrote:Congrats to Corbin for all your successes. We at Belfry are proud of our successes too. Going for our 4th straight state championship, and our high school is going after their third straight state championship. We must be doing something right in Pond Creek. The proof is in the trophy cases at Pond Creek. As for us not watching much football other than what is played at Pond Creek, I'm the proud mother of a top 10 linebacker in the nation at FBU's Top Gun showcase, so trust me, I've watched a lot of football other than Pond Creek football! As you can tell by how many times I've said it, I LOVE SOME POND CREEK FOOTBALL!!!

You're not reading what I'm saying. I congratulated you on this teams success. And said that high school team that has won 2 championships was one of the best I've seen.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:It's a shame you haven't watched much middle school football other than what is played at Pond Creek...

Yeah...we don't get to watch much middle school football:please:

You need to become a comedian.....you're pretty good
Death_Valley Wrote:I've watched a lot, it's just your football iq is very poor. I watched Corbin play twice last year at their best and they would get embarrassed by this years belfry team..

Don't speak the words football and IQ if you don't understand anything about the game besides what a spectator learns. I would out evaluate, scout, gameplan, scheme, prepare, and teach you on the gridiron. Only facet you may have me beat at is the keystrokes on the cpu. But, if you want to get into that I can talk better trash too...
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Yeah...we don't get to watch much middle school football:please:

You need to become a comedian.....you're pretty good

Then prove, it who were the players from those teams I spoke of? Who are the players across the state this year. Come up with more than some bs, "oh you don't know what you're talking about."
goBIGblue82 Wrote:It is what it is, and you can express your opinion and I will express mine. The thing is it doesn't make either statements any more true, and we won't ever know how it would have went. You can talk about injuries, but the bottom line is Corbin was never at full strength for their two runs in 2013 and 2014. My opinion is all the teams I mentioned would beat this years Belfry with a couple putting a running clock on them. But, I think it shows the truth when fans of other teams acknowledge that this years Belfry team is great, but not on the level I mentioned. The only support you have behind your statements are the rest of the mommy and daddy's from Pond Creek.

You're right......your opinion...is just that.... opinion. Not based in any fact whatsoever ......Don't try to whitewash it.....

I really love to know who these "fans of other teams" are........

Jealousy is a cruel and unforgiving mistress........ :biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would put Belfry's 2012 above anyone until proven otherwise

Their High School merits speak for themselves thusfar... until I See another team parlay their success into two State Titles at the HS level (with potentially more accolades to come) this Belfry team is the gold standard thusfar and it is essentially a moot point.

Eku you're one of a very few that uses rationale in his/her posts. I believe that BG team I spoke of would also lay claim into translating middle school success into high school success.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You're right......your opinion...is just that.... opinion. Not based in any fact whatsoever ......Don't try to whitewash it.....

Not based on fact? I spoke of teams that NEVER lost a game in Middle School. I spoke of teams that had Varsity ready kids in 8th grade. I'm not whitewashing anything. This started from fans of other teams and your group of Belfry mommy and daddy's automatically thought it was a Corbin poster. This group simply isn't as good as the groups I mentioned, FACT.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You're right......your opinion...is just that.... opinion. Not based in any fact whatsoever ......Don't try to whitewash it.....

I have no reason to be jealous. I had only respect for Belfry. Same goes for the other elite programs. What I don't have is respect for mommy and daddy who can't get over the fact that there maybe others that have been as good or better than their baby.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Then prove, it who were the players from those teams I spoke of? Who are the players across the state this year. Come up with more than some bs, "oh you don't know what you're talking about."

I don't really have to prove anything to some bs spewing schill from Corbin. But if necessary...I can...

You know anything about the McKee kid from Scott co? How about Jameson Lewis from Elkhorn? How about Reese Smith from Boyle? I've seen all those play this year. Let alone the two studs from Clark Co that I don't the names of. The Covington kid from Harrison? How about Zack Lappart from Anderson? Let alone all the kids we've seen from Pikeville, Johnson Central, Southern, etc, etc.

Oh please....Master.....have I passed the test??? Give me a break.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I don't really have to prove anything to some bs spewing schill from Corbin. But if necessary...I can...

You know anything about the McKee kid from Scott co? How about Jameson Lewis from Elkhorn? How about Reese Smith from Boyle? I've seen all those play this year. Let alone the two studs from Clark Co that I don't the names of. The Covington kid from Harrison? How about Zack Lappart from Anderson? Let alone all the kids we've seen from Pikeville, Johnson Central, Southern, etc, etc.

Cade McKee plays FB, QB, and LB pretty good size for an 8th grader. Lewis is on the smaller side but quick and shifty. Reese Smith has excellent speed and an amazing basketball player too. Clark Co kids are probably Caleb Bates, Jaelyn Johnson, Trey Price, also got a nice linemen by the name Qua Lewis. Zach Labhart is an amazing athlete, one of the best in the state. He is more of a WR that has to play RB because he's the best Anderson has and they have to play some 7th graders. Also have a tall WR #85, and some Huge linemen. I've seen the Pikeville kids, Johnson, and Southern play as well. Doesn't prove you know anything about middle school football.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Cade McKee plays FB, QB, and LB pretty good size for an 8th grader. Lewis is on the smaller side but quick and shifty. Reese Smith has excellent speed and an amazing basketball player too. Clark Co kids are probably Caleb Bates, Jaelyn Johnson, Trey Price, also got a nice linemen by the name Qua Lewis. Zach Labhart is an amazing athlete, one of the best in the state. He is more of a WR that has to play RB because he's the best Anderson has and they have to play some 7th graders. Also have a tall WR #85, and some Huge linemen. I've seen the Pikeville kids, Johnson, and Southern play as well. Doesn't prove you know anything about middle school football.

And I can say the same for you.......At least you can spell....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I don't really have to prove anything to some bs spewing schill from Corbin. But if necessary...I can...

I will give you a B- for being able to mention kids this year. But, in the long run you failed. I stated to prove your point that they're the best team that's ever graced a KY middle school field by comparing them to their predecessors at Belfry and the other great teams before them. I will concede that you do at least know more than the average mommy or daddy...
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:And I can say the same for you.......At least you can spell....

Thanks
I have no doubt that there are many who have been, are, and will be as good as my baby, so stop all the mouthing off about Belfry's mommies and daddies. If you didn't want a debate on who thinks which team is better, you shouldn't have posted in the first place. I have no reason to trash talk Corbin or any other school for that matter. Our state is loaded with many talented athletes and that thrills me. Just give it a break already.
I can say I have had a son on the 2012 team and this years team. The teams really don't compare but in a good way. Two different beast totally. Both in my opinion and I have seen 8th grade football played at its highest level, are the best in each respective year.