•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-0 Johnson Central#2 @ 8-0 Ashland#3
Bob Seger Wrote:The question was asked if there were any comparisons between the two, and I said there is "none" because LexCath is pretty good. Pretty easy to figger that one out to me.

Oh, I'm sure that a couple of our politically correct fans can give you some hope and comfort that this game will be close and say that Ashland is good, and you have their admiration and respect.....That should be enough to get ya'll through the day....

I'll ride with the having a spine approach.

I can't believe you actually claim to a spine.
Elm street Wrote:I completely understand this, but looking over Jc's scheldule, and the lack of a winning opponents they have demolished. I find a strain of hope. I guess until Friday that can call their "signature win" Lexington Catholic which isn't near as impressive as it would have been in previous years. I know strength of schedule means nothing, I'm not ignorant. But beating teams like Fairland OH and Harlan county to a pulp in typical Matney "run this score up" fashion doesn't impress me. I know Ashland is no Fairland, no Rowan or Greenup. Just let me hold onto this little string of hope, and maybe one day Ashland will be strong enough that their fan base including myself will have a valid argument against the 0 time state champion tradition rich state jaggurnaut that wipes the field with any opposing teams jersey. I know JC is going to win, they probably already have the trophy in their cabinet. But there is hope.........
I keep reading these comments about Matney running the score up and it is obvious that those who are making the comments really do not understand how most of JC's games go. Compared to Ashland, Johnson Central generally jumps out to a comfortable first half lead and then Matney begins substituting heavily to make sure that a running clock does not take effect early.

Ashland, on the other hand, has struggled in the first half with teams like Rowan County, Greenup County, and even East Carter(!) before pulling away in the second half with their first string offense on the field. The final margins may not be much different from JC's scores with common opponents, but Johnson Central has been much more dominant in games against those teams than the final scores indicate because Matney has repeatedly gone deep into his bench to avoid early running clocks.

So keep telling yourself that Matney runs up the score in every game but your are just lying to yourself. Nobody who can read a line score or a box score is going to believe you.
tomcat4life Wrote:I can't believe you actually claim to a spine.
He's talking about the skeleton in his mom's basement she puts out every Halloween. I know his Logic how Johnson Central's past performance is "Yesteryear" But Ashlands is somehow relevant to the outcome This friday is very confusing.
Central by a lot. See Ashland again region championship.
I don't see central having a game until semi finals. Greenup and Rowan I think have exposed some weak areas and how to stop the belly. Central has been able to make adjustments also glad to see the ball in the air more.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I always make a point of following the posts concerning the Johnson Central-Ashland game. I have no ties to either school.

I have to give a special salute to Bob Seger. He calls it exactly as he sees it. His above quote is a classic and is certainly factual. Johnson Central lives in the present. Ashland lives in the past although I will admit that, from all historic accounts, Fain Grone was a fine coach and the Phipps boys were good backs in the 1930s prior to the advent of the original and classic Putnam Stadium.. That is also factual.

May the better team win.
Harry been awful quiet this season since your baby birds have been getting thumped on a regular basis.
JC fans think because we lost handily last season that we will again. This isn't last season or 2 years ago. JC may well be better then last year but Ashland is a lot better especially on Defense and Baker is much more dynamic this year. That's why they play the games. We can predict blowouts or close games for or against each other but this game will be decided on the field and I can't wait till Friday.
Eagleland Wrote:Central by a lot. See Ashland again region championship.
I don't see central having a game until semi finals. Greenup and Rowan I think have exposed some weak areas and how to stop the belly. Central has been able to make adjustments also glad to see the ball in the air more.

Nope, they'll never make it that far.
Elm street Wrote:I completely understand this, but looking over Jc's scheldule, and the lack of a winning opponents they have demolished. I find a strain of hope. I guess until Friday that can call their "signature win" Lexington Catholic which isn't near as impressive as it would have been in previous years. I know strength of schedule means nothing, I'm not ignorant. But beating teams like Fairland OH and Harlan county to a pulp in typical Matney "run this score up" fashion doesn't impress me. I know Ashland is no Fairland, no Rowan or Greenup. Just let me hold onto this little string of hope, and maybe one day Ashland will be strong enough that their fan base including myself will have a valid argument against the 0 time state champion tradition rich state jaggurnaut that wipes the field with any opposing teams jersey. I know JC is going to win, they probably already have the trophy in their cabinet. But there is hope.........

Come on now, let's not leave out the part where the biggest recipient of those "wipins" have "traditionally" been to those of whom wore jerseys primarily maroon in color.:biggrin:
T-CATS Wrote:JC fans think because we lost handily last season that we will again. This isn't last season or 2 years ago. JC may well be better then last year but Ashland is a lot better especially on Defense and Baker is much more dynamic this year. That's why they play the games. We can predict blowouts or close games for or against each other but this game will be decided on the field and I can't wait till Friday.

It also wasn't when you said that last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And etc., etc., etc.

:Cheerlead
Bob Seger Wrote:It also wasn't when you said that last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And etc., etc., etc.

:Cheerlead
It does seem like a pattern is emerging, doesn't it, Bob? :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It does seem like a pattern is emerging, doesn't it, Bob? :biggrin:

Apparently, it's terminal with no known cure.
Ashland is like a old professional wrestler......

The name "Ashland" across the Commonwealth is like the name "Ric Flair" in Pro Wrestling.

Both had their HayDay, but their time has come and gone. Now they live off their reputation and still think they are relevant to their situation.

Ric Flair will draw a crowd at autograph & meet and greet appearances. But would get massacred in a match today.
Ashland will draw a crowd because of their history. But now they are the team you schedule for homecoming or senior night.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The 2005 field goal game @ Putnam stadium.
The 2014 girls state softball state tournament Home run scandal.

These are the reasons why 99% of JC fans HATE Ashland. Getting beat by a better team is a part of sports..... but getting cheated by the same team in different sports have turned Ashland in to "Heels".
Ashland cast their lot in this season from the beginning. I hope they were right. Ashland will have to play lights out on D and hope the basket they put their eggs in can hold up.
The All-Time JC vs. Ashland series.

JC leads 10-6.

1975: Ashland 47-14
1986: Johnson Central 18-14
1998: Ashland 26-20
2001: Ashland 38-14
2002: Ashland 43-0
2005: Ashland 13-10 (The Wide Right Field Goal game)
2006: Johnson Central 35-7
2006: Johnson Central 28-21 (Playoffs)
2007: Johnson Central 67-33
2008: Johnson Central 41-6
2009: Johnson Central 29-28
2010: Johnson Central 42-26
2011: Ashland 22-6
2012: Johnson Central 22-21 (Overtime) **This by far is the best high school game I have ever seen.**
2013: Johnson Central 42-7
2014: Johnson Central 42-7
2015/2016 - Senior
2014/2015 - Junior
2013/2014 - Sophomore
2012/2013 - Freshman
2011/2012 - 8th
2010/2011 - 7th
2009/2010 - 6th
2008/2009 - 5th
2007/2008 - 4th
2006/2007 - 3rd
2005/2006 - 2nd (The Wide Right Field Goal Game)
2004/2005 - 1st
2003/2004 - Kindergarten

2005 & 2011.
In the seniors entire school career, Ashland has only won two games vs. JC. But I would argue that only the 2011 game was an actual victory.
There is a difference between a win and a victory.

That's a 9-2 record with JC leading.
JC by 3tds.
T-CATS Wrote:Harry been awful quiet this season since your baby birds have been getting thumped on a regular basis.

For once you are correct, T-CATS. It has been a tough year for FTH as well as for CovCath. Nonetheless, I suspect either would still, as usual, handle Ashland without much problem. Some facts are almost biblical and written in stone and that is one of them.
I really don't see this game being close with it being at Ashland. Johnson Central is a one man show on offense unlike the previous seasons. It's simple you stop their quarterback and you stop their offense. Their backs are slow and soft. They avoid contact at all costs and unlike the previous seasons their offensive line isn't very good. On the defensive side of the ball they give up a lot of big plays through the air and their run defense has been very shaky. With that being said I just don't see how they will be able to stop Baker and the Ashland offense. Friday can't get here fast enough. This has been building all season and after Friday night the entire state will know who's the best team in 4A.

Ashland 35
Johnson Central 14
Eagleland Wrote:Central by a lot. See Ashland again region championship.
Keep dreaming pal.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The All-Time JC vs. Ashland series.

JC leads 10-6.

1975: Ashland 47-14
1986: Johnson Central 18-14
1998: Ashland 26-20
2001: Ashland 38-14
2002: Ashland 43-0
2005: Ashland 13-10 (The Wide Right Field Goal game)
2006: Johnson Central 35-7
2006: Johnson Central 28-21 (Playoffs)
2007: Johnson Central 67-33
2008: Johnson Central 41-6
2009: Johnson Central 29-28
2010: Johnson Central 42-26
2011: Ashland 22-6
2012: Johnson Central 22-21 (Overtime) **This by far is the best high school game I have ever seen.**
2013: Johnson Central 42-7
2014: Johnson Central 42-7

What does the past have to to with this Friday's game? It's almost as if you just sit around and think of stupid shit to post on here.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I really don't see this game being close with it being at Ashland. Johnson Central is a one man show on offense unlike the previous seasons. It's simple you stop their quarterback and you stop their offense. Their backs are slow and soft. They avoid contact at all costs and unlike the previous seasons their offensive line isn't very good. On the defensive side of the ball they give up a lot of big plays through the air and their run defense has been very shaky. With that being said I just don't see how they will be able to stop Baker and the Ashland offense. Friday can't get here fast enough. This has been building all season and after Friday night the entire state will know who's the best team in 4A.

Ashland 35
Johnson Central 14

Your entire post........
:biglmao: :hilarious: :thatsfunn
:eyeroll::zzz:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:What does the past have to to with this Friday's game? It's almost as if you just sit around and think of stupid shit to post on here.

:please:

Why does Ashland have their past District, Region and State championships posted on their scoreboard...... What does their past have to do with the current season?

Give me a break Tomcat Pride...
You're only upset that JC leads the All-Time Win/Loss record over your beloved kittens.

Last time I was in Ashland's gym.... they had banners hanging up from the 1920's.
WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE CURRENT SEASON?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Your entire post........
I think that some of these Ashland fans have acquired quite a taste for crow, Pulp. Why else would they make predictions of blowout wins by Ashland over Johnson Central year after year? :biglmao:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2015/2016 - Senior
2014/2015 - Junior
2013/2014 - Sophomore
2012/2013 - Freshman
2011/2012 - 8th
2010/2011 - 7th
2009/2010 - 6th
2008/2009 - 5th
2007/2008 - 4th
2006/2007 - 3rd
2005/2006 - 2nd (The Wide Right Field Goal Game)
2004/2005 - 1st
2003/2004 - Kindergarten

2005 & 2011.
In the seniors entire school career, Ashland has only won two games vs. JC. But I would argue that only the 2011 game was an actual victory.
There is a difference between a win and a victory.

That's a 9-2 record with JC leading.
That 9-2 record isn't going to help your Eagles in this game. You and the rest the Johnson County clowns that run your mouth on here year in and year out are about to get a full dose of the best Ashland team in the last 20 years. You and he rest of the clowns have called down the thunder and know you've got it. Friday's almost here and the entire state will know soon that Ashland is back in the drivers seat and we're going to stay there.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Your entire post........

Keep yapping little man you'll see soon.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:That 9-2 record isn't going to help your Eagles in this game. You and the rest the Johnson County clowns that run your mouth on here year in and year out are about to get a full dose of the best Ashland team in the last 20 years. You and he rest of the clowns have called down the thunder and know you've got it. Friday's almost here and the entire state will know soon that Ashland is back in the drivers seat and we're going to stay there.
[Image: http://www.livelifeawake.com/wp-content/...r-seat.jpg]

Looks about right.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:That 9-2 record isn't going to help your Eagles in this game. You and the rest the Johnson County clowns that run your mouth on here year in and year out are about to get a full dose of the best Ashland team in the last 20 years. You and he rest of the clowns have called down the thunder and know you've got it. Friday's almost here and the entire state will know soon that Ashland is back in the drivers seat and we're going to stay there.
:biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao:

Uh oh, The illegitimate son of NotsoBADCAT has spoken!!! And spoken with a vengeance, has he!!!TongueirateSho

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:[Image: http://www.livelifeawake.com/wp-content/...r-seat.jpg]

Looks about right.

Pulp, I've got to hand this one to you!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next