Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Northern Pulaski
under_armour Wrote:So Kmsfa was responsible for assigning this crew? Just find it hard to understand how a crew is assigned that calls all of their home games and has ties to the school. I thought Kmsfa assigning crews were supposed to erase situations like this.

KYMSFA contacts assigning secretaries to get officials crews, they assign the crews. Home team has nothing to do with getting officials for games.
under_armour Wrote:Fact the game time and date was set. And then we were notified this week Northern requested to change the date? Is this a lie?

The game date and time was never changed.

Sent Sunday October 11, 2015 at 10:29PM

KYMSFA State Playoff Game Notification - REGION 4 - 7TH GRADE

Date: 10/15/15

Visitor: CORBIN

Home: NORTHERN PULASKI

Site: NORTHERN PULASKI MIDDLE

Game Time: 630PM
plantmanky Wrote:Fact KYMSFA sets the dates and game times for the games, not the host school.

You can try to cover your tail, but you know kmsfa dropped the ball. You won't ever admit to it, but it's ok because at least you know it.
under_armour Wrote:You can try to cover your tail, but you know kmsfa dropped the ball. You won't ever admit to it, but it's ok because at least you know it.

What ball was there to be dropped? A game was scheduled, A game was played. What am I missing?
[quote=plantmanky]The game date and time was never changed.

Sent Sunday October 11, 2015 at 10:29PM

KYMSFA State Playoff Game Notification - REGION 4 - 7TH GRADE

Date: 10/15/15

Visitor: CORBIN

Home: NORTHERN PULASKI

Site: NORTHERN PULASKI MIDDLE

Game Time: 630PM[/QUOTE

So elaborate why did the kmsfa decide to change the date from Saturday the 17th to the 15th. Since it was the kmsfa making all the decisions.
plantmanky Wrote:What ball was there to be dropped? A game was scheduled, A game was played. What am I missing?

Does the kmsfa assign officials for these games?
under_armour Wrote:Does the kmsfa assign officials for these games?

See post 31.
Lucky#45 Wrote:It seems to me that they are being disciplined for something having to move home field . I have a buddy that's a ref,and he stated that nobody is wanting to call the game do to coaches conduct towards them. I only thought it was do to Northern's coaches videotaping Southern's game during playoff. Either way changing a game is a bit wrong.

Nothing illegal about filming a game. You can film your own game or you can travel to a site and film two other teams playing. Middle school football is not sanctioned by the Kentucky High School Football Athletic Association.
plantmanky Wrote:What ball was there to be dropped? A game was scheduled, A game was played. What am I missing?

Kmsfa scheduled the game to accommodate Northern Pulaski 7th graders. Kmsfa failed to assign an officiating crew that was unbiased. Since you insist Northern had nothing to do with this I owe them an apology. It was fully on kmsfa dropping the ball.
You just want to dance around the issues. You're not willing to provide any truth. If you want to claim there was no wrong doing than give reasoning for the decisions made.
Emotions are going to be high in a game like this. These two teams should have never met this early in the tournament. Northern was the 1 and Corbin the 2. But, it's iver and their was a winner and a loser like every game. Circumstances may not have been idea, but the game was won by the players on the field. I think everyone needs to let it go because there are inconsistencies coming from everyone posting.
under_armour Wrote:You just want to dance around the issues. You're not willing to provide any truth. If you want to claim there was no wrong doing than give reasoning for the decisions made.

What decision? The officials, again see post 31. The assigning secretary assigned the crew. Two of the guys were from Casey Co as they have done games in that area in the past for playoffs. Two of the guys I have no idea who they were.
Tiger77 Wrote:Nothing illegal about filming a game. You can film your own game or you can travel to a site and film two other teams playing. Middle school football is not sanctioned by the Kentucky High School Football Athletic Association.

Correct hence why there is not a rule about it in the KYMSFA rules. However there will be a note to the rules next year with this added as being allowed.
plantmanky Wrote:What decision? The officials, again see post 31. The assigning secretary assigned the crew. Two of the guys were from Casey Co as they have done games in that area in the past for playoffs. Two of the guys I have no idea who they were.

I said from the get go 2 of the officials were guys with direct ties to Northern Pulaski. You told me it was a lie. Now you state you don't know who two of them were. You assign the secretaries in charge of assigning officials. Yet, obviously kmsfa is unaware of officials used in this game. If that's not dropping the ball I don't know what is. For all you know they could have pulled two people out of the stands.
plantmanky Wrote:What decision? The officials, again see post 31. The assigning secretary assigned the crew. Two of the guys were from Casey Co as they have done games in that area in the past for playoffs. Two of the guys I have no idea who they were.

Still didn't mention why kmsfa chose to change the game from the 17th to the 15th...
plantmanky Wrote:Correct hence why there is not a rule about it in the KYMSFA rules. However there will be a note to the rules next year with this added as being allowed.
So you're allowed to videotape any game at any time being coaches or the staff. No matter if your team is playing or not.

As I said kmsfa dropped the ball...
under_armour Wrote:I said from the get go 2 of the officials were guys with direct ties to Northern Pulaski. You told me it was a lie. Now you state you don't know who two of them were. You assign the secretaries in charge of assigning officials. Yet, obviously kmsfa is unaware of officials used in this game. If that's not dropping the ball I don't know what is. For all you know they could have pulled two people out of the stands.

KHSAA Board of Control picks the assigning secretaries and that is who we use to get our officials. My apologies for not know all 989 registered officials within the state of KY personally. These crews are no different than the crews we have used for used in that area and others.
I also wouldn't understand when the brackets are put out. They have the 17th and why they had to play at a different location . Also will this happen for the 8th grade.
Lucky#45 Wrote:So you're allowed to videotape any game at any time being coaches or the staff. No matter if your team is playing or not.

Correct, because there is not a film exchange requirement in middle school. Infact less than half the teams in the state film their own games (this is why we had to go to tryouts for east west and Team KY, so many teams with no film of their games.
[B Wrote:under_armour]Still didn't mention why kmsfa chose to change the game from the 17th to the 15th..[/B].

plantmanky Wrote:KHSAA Board of Control picks the assigning secretaries and that is who we use to get our officials. My apologies for not know all 989 registered officials within the state of KY personally. These crews are no different than the crews we have used for used in that area and others.

Go ahead make an excuse, like I said you won't own up, but you know the kmsfa was in the wrong. As long as you know kmsfa dropped the ball then maybe you won't let it happen again. BTW you're still dancing around one of my questions.
plantmanky Wrote:Correct, because there is not a film exchange requirement in middle school. Infact less than half the teams in the state film their own games (this is why we had to go to tryouts for east west and Team KY, so many teams with no film of their games.

This is interesting. Rule or no rule I've always considered this unethical. Be a coach and put the time into scouting a team, If you can't get film exchanged. I might look into filming as many games as possible from here on out for my personal library.
under_armour Wrote:Go ahead make an excuse, like I said you won't own up, but you know the kmsfa was in the wrong. As long as you know kmsfa dropped the ball then maybe you won't let it happen again. BTW you're still dancing around one of my questions.

What excuses am I making? All four officials for the game were not from Pulaski Co ( I just looked them up in arbiter.)
goBIGblue82 Wrote:This is interesting. Rule or no rule I've always considered this unethical. Be a coach and put the time into scouting a team, If you can't get film exchanged. I might look into filming as many games as possible from here on out for my personal library.

Back 3 years ago I knew of 2 school districts that did not allow their teams to film games, was some weird media policy thing they had for sports. Not sure if that is still the case there or not. Still there are may teams that do not film games.
plantmanky Wrote:What excuses am I making? All four officials for the game were not from Pulaski Co ( I just looked them up in arbiter.)

under_armour Wrote:So elaborate why did the kmsfa decide to change the date from Saturday the 17th to the 15th. Since it was the kmsfa making all the decisions.

under_armour Wrote:You just want to dance around the issues. You're not willing to provide any truth. If you want to claim there was no wrong doing than give reasoning for the decisions made.

under_armour Wrote:Still didn't mention why kmsfa chose to change the game from the 17th to the 15th...

under_armour Wrote:Go ahead make an excuse, like I said you won't own up, but you know the kmsfa was in the wrong. As long as you know kmsfa dropped the ball then maybe you won't let it happen again. BTW you're still dancing around one of my questions.

And you're still dancing around one of the issues...
plantmanky Wrote:What excuses am I making? All four officials for the game were not from Pulaski Co ( I just looked them up in arbiter.)

Then provide some clarity. Where were the four officials from?
plantmanky Wrote:Back 3 years ago I knew of 2 school districts that did not allow their teams to film games, was some weird media policy thing they had for sports. Not sure if that is still the case there or not. Still there are may teams that do not film games.

Not sure about this. I'll trade film all day, but if you won't trade you don't get to film.

:poker face:
under_armour Wrote:Then provide some clarity. Where were the four officials from?

2 from Casey Co
1 from Russell Co
1 from Garrad Co.
plantmanky Wrote:2 from Casey Co
1 from Russell Co
1 from Garrad Co.

With ties to Northern...
under_armour Wrote:[/B]

With ties to Northern...

How so?