Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Belfry 10/9
killbilly usmc Wrote:Belfry needs to get there confidence back. A lot of them lost there manhood, and are probably listening to boy George. They need a easy game so they can forget how soft they are. In the end they will make it to Bowling Green, but will get beat down by Boyle County. They play big boy football over there.

Confusednicker:
Belfry is coming off a lost ... sorry Lawerence Co but you will fill there aggression ..

Belfry 56

Lawrence Co 12
Big weakness for lc that I seen Friday night is their punter .. And they really can hurt you in a tight game
Belfry - 38

Lawrence County - 20
Belfry by 25. They play at a different level than the rest of their district.
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Belfry is coming off a lost ... sorry Lawerence Co but you will fill there aggression ..

Belfry 56

Lawrence Co 12
so is lc. lc will give belfry their A game as all teams do. will it be enough, we will see.
pjdoug Wrote:Confusednicker:

killbilly usmc Wrote:Belfry needs to get there confidence back. A lot of them lost there manhood, and are probably listening to boy George. They need a easy game so they can forget how soft they are. In the end they will make it to Bowling Green, but will get beat down by Boyle County. They play big boy football over there.

A few things...

There - in, at, or to that place or position.
Their - belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.

And I'm sure a few of those players that "lost their manhood" would like to have you them tell them that in person. Any coward can hide behind a keyboard.
I posted this in the rankings thread but just thought a few people on here needed to see it as well.

Belfry took one of the chin by 42 by a team who would clearly be a top 5 team in the State of Kentucky.

I'm gonna break this down for a few people that might not take it into account or care about it. Central beat St. X. St. X also waxed the #1 team in 5A (Bowling Green). Bowling Green destroys Central Hardin 42-6 while Boyle only beats Central Hardin by 2 points. Boyle is not the monster people think they are. I still don't rank them above Belfry because they have played ABSOLUTLY NO ONE. Boyle has played 2 teams with a winning record. Bell County & Danville. Boyle County hasn't impressed me any to be in the conversation for a 3A title. Central and Belfry both have a harder schedule along with Lex Cath.

In what way do they play big boy football? 4 of the teams they have beaten have a losing record, & the 2 that do have winning records that they beat, are not BIG BOY powerhouse football teams. Bell is not what they use to be, Danville is a good team but belfry has already beaten 3 teams better than them. So I'd like a little insight on why all of you people believe Boyle County is some immortal 3A God?
Belfry gets back on track after that disaster last week.
35-13 BHS. Lawrence will be a pretty tough opponent, but they have trouble defensively stopping Belfry, especially at home. I respect LC enough to pick them to return to Belfry for the regional championship if certain things happen this Friday and in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs. I know there is a lot of football between now and then, but we all know that it is fun to look ahead even when we are not supposed to.:biggrin:
Cabell Midland would not be top 5 in KY
Please stop with that
BP2011 Wrote:Cabell Midland would not be top 5 in KY
Please stop with that

Easy top 10. After Trinity, Male, St. X., Scott County and a couple of others they would fall in there somewhere. Big, tough, hard-nosed with smart players and hard hitting and hard running backs. Would easily win 3a in Ky and probably could play for the 4a and 5a titles IMO. Just curious, BP2011, have you seen them play?
Please stop with that

Another thing. What does this have to do with Belfry and Lawrence County?
They have an enrollment of over 2000 kids. Their 3A is our 6A over there. Understand that people
I think some Belfry fans need to relax. Jeez its all in fun people. I talk smack on a daily basis to peoples face. Just my joking personality. I just enjoy telling people there team sucks, even if sometimes its not true. Except you pj boy yours maybe kinda does this year, please don't hate me. Most Belfry fans take it well, but guess ive wore my welcome out with a few. Hadnt posted in a couple days since id had my fun, plus thought it was getting out of hand. Ill troll Whitley, and leave yall alone for awhile before I get banned again.
Belfry0304 Wrote:This will be a ballgame, guarantee it.

This is what I'm thinking!
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think some Belfry fans need to relax. Jeez its all in fun people. I talk smack on a daily basis to peoples face. Just my joking personality. I just enjoy telling people there team sucks, even if sometimes its not true. Except you pj boy yours maybe kinda does this year, please don't hate me. Most Belfry fans take it well, but guess ive wore my welcome out with a few. Hadnt posted in a couple days since id had my fun, plus thought it was getting out of hand. Ill troll Whitley, and leave yall alone for awhile before I get banned again.
I'm not a belfry die hard fan or anything, I'd just really like to know why Boyle is getting so much praise with so little to show for it
I read every post on here about how Belfry will name the score in this game. I saw all the same comments last October before a Dawg team with no chance gave the Pirates all they wanted. This team has a better defense and more firepower then that 2014 team and I would say that Belfry is better also. If we have a bad night with alot of mistakes and turnovers then Belfry probably will run away with it but I just don't see it. At this point of the season I dont see this Belfry team being leaps and bounds better then last season and I think some Belfry posters will agree with me. Still a lot of season left and Belfry always plays their best football late in the year. I think this Bulldog team has talent and strength in places where we can take advantage of the few weaknesses this Belfry team does have if it is used properly. Belfry is and should be the favorite but I would be shocked to see a blowout type score and I say that with my red and black tinted goggles fully removed lol.
I've always been a little partial to the Dawgs with their great tradition and overall physical play. I see the Bulldawgs upsetting Belfry at the CAM and sending a shockwave through eastern Kentucky!!! It's gonna be a real slobber knocker Friday night in pond creek!

Dawgs: 27

Pirates: 22
Belfry 42 to 14
Gator95 Wrote:I'm not a belfry die hard fan or anything, I'd just really like to know why Boyle is getting so much praise with so little to show for it

Cant answer for everyone else, but I don't see why Boyle schedule gets bashed. Who knows how good they really are, but beating Danville that bad does impress me. As to this game Belfry rolls easy.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think some Belfry fans need to relax. Jeez its all in fun people. I talk smack on a daily basis to peoples face. Just my joking personality. I just enjoy telling people there team sucks, even if sometimes its not true. Except you pj boy yours maybe kinda does this year, please don't hate me. Most Belfry fans take it well, but guess ive wore my welcome out with a few. Hadnt posted in a couple days since id had my fun, plus thought it was getting out of hand. Ill troll Whitley, and leave yall alone for awhile before I get banned again.

I don't hate anybody and don't get mad.I seriously love the whole state of Kentucky and most of the people in it. I also love to get arrogant fans riled up .its fun to me and creates more activity on here:biggrin:
Please stop with that

I laugh every time I hear that sugar coated, fantasy land, BS.
Please stop with that

Im on the fence on this as nobody really knows where they would rank in Kentucky. Its no guarantee they even win a title in there class. They have had some very close games already. I do have my doubts whether they could hang with Male, but outside of them im not sure where they would rank.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im on the fence on this as nobody really knows where they would rank in Kentucky. Its no guarantee they even win a title in there class. They have had some very close games already. I do have my doubts whether they could hang with Male, but outside of them im not sure where they would rank.

From watching them, they are very comparable to Simon Kenton, Scott Co.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im on the fence on this as nobody really knows where they would rank in Kentucky. Its no guarantee they even win a title in there class. They have had some very close games already. I do have my doubts whether they could hang with Male, but outside of them im not sure where they would rank.

The problem is we have no true way to determine how they would fair against KY's top teams. Since none of them play. How they played Belfry can't really be judged by how they would play in 6A KY.

The only things we have are semi-accurate computer ratings. Max Preps would put them as the #3 Team in KY. CalPreps put them able to compete with Trinity and Male but Trinity and Male would be the favorites to win. The same sources list them as favorites over Simon Kenton (BGR#4) and Scott Co (BGR #3) both of whom they have been compared. Now as I said computer rankings are not 100% accurate (CalPreps ~85% accuracy) however when you add in the eye test comparisons to SK and Scott Co as well as the Computer rankings the picture starts to become a bit more clear and its fairly obvious they COULD (not would) be a top 10 6A team in KY.
This site has become so infested with idiocy that it has become almost worst checking out.
PaytoPlay Wrote:This site has become so infested with idiocy that it has become almost worst checking out.

you should leave then and it will improve. almost worse checking out:biglmao:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I read every post on here about how Belfry will name the score in this game. I saw all the same comments last October before a Dawg team with no chance gave the Pirates all they wanted. This team has a better defense and more firepower then that 2014 team and I would say that Belfry is better also. If we have a bad night with alot of mistakes and turnovers then Belfry probably will run away with it but I just don't see it. At this point of the season I dont see this Belfry team being leaps and bounds better then last season and I think some Belfry posters will agree with me. Still a lot of season left and Belfry always plays their best football late in the year. I think this Bulldog team has talent and strength in places where we can take advantage of the few weaknesses this Belfry team does have if it is used properly. Belfry is and should be the favorite but I would be shocked to see a blowout type score and I say that with my red and black tinted goggles fully removed lol.

Honestly this game will come down to turnovers, penalties and if Lawrence Co can handle Belfry's DL. If Lawrence Co cannot run the ball....then they have no chance. I don't care how efficient passing they are. Must be able to move the chains via the ground game. Cabell Midland ran, ran and ran the football...and with the constant stream of turnovers by the Pirates the game got out of hand. IMO...that's the formula for giving Belfry issues.

I simply don't see Lawrence Co having the horses up front to contain the Pirates DLine
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Honestly this game will come down to turnovers, penalties and if Lawrence Co can handle Belfry's DL. If Lawrence Co cannot run the ball....then they have no chance. I don't care how efficient passing they are. Must be able to move the chains via the ground game. Cabell Midland ran, ran and ran the football...and with the constant stream of turnovers by the Pirates the game got out of hand. IMO...that's the formula for giving Belfry issues.

I simply don't see Lawrence Co having the horses up front to contain the Pirates DLine

I agree. LOS will be key and Belfry should be able to win it, but it wouldn't surprise me if LC doesn't make some big plays with their athletic ability.