•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry 9/18
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'm just hoping our savior returns before Friday
Or returns on Friday and starts LB for us. Because we will need Jesus to beat Pikeville.

Jesus wears maroon.
jetpilot Wrote:Jesus wears maroon.

Son of the owner of El Azul Grande?
Pikeville names the score....87-0. Belfry has no chance at all Confusedhh::Shaking:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Son of the owner of El Azul Grande?

Sure. Ever notice the maroon walls in there?Confusednicker:

Him too.
I'm the biggest pike country football fan around. I loved pikeville 10-0 last year, I loved belfry winning state. I loved my SV Wildcats winning region and going to the State semi's! And I hope all 3 of those teams have great success again this year. Imo anything less than a region title for SV and Pikeville is a letdown. Actually I'd say anything less than going to bowling green is a let down for pikeville fans this year and we all know anothing less than a state title is a let down for Belfry. I like both Pikeville and Belfry and wish they could both win! But I think Pond Creek is gonna be a little too much this year for the Panthers.

Belfry- 36
Pikeville-21

Confusedtare:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Since I troll yalls thread nonstop, I figured id ask a serious question that I asked on the Mayfield thread. Yall have a nice facility so I was wondering if yall was this high tech. The other night McCracken had a tent over on the visitors side with a tv under it and chairs around it so the Offensive/Defensive players could watch a replay of the last series while off the field and the other side of the ball on the field. How many teams over yonder have yall seen do that. Ive never seen or heard of that before. Football is expensive but looks to be getting even more expensive if you are going to keep up with the jones.

I keep up with The Joneses.
killbilly usmc Wrote:We have never seen this out west. McCracken is trying to go high tech. school only in its 3rd year, and they bought 2 more helmets this year now have 3 different colors. Trying to be the Patriots technology wise, and trying to look fancy like Oregon.

maybe a shoe company is sponsoring them.

JP will get shot down by a Pirate's cannon Friday night. Maybe the beginning of a forced love affair that could last for years ! ! ! ! !

Hardest I've ever laughed reading this website.
After reading the earlier post i would have to say kash probably wouldn't do the same thing he did to pikeville to belfry but pikeville vs paintsville was going to be the hardest game for pikeville this year because both teams were gonna give everything they had and were gonna give it to their best player all night. Paintsville had been keeping pikeville in their heads all year even after what they did to us in the playoffs they were thinking about us and the same for us that's what motivated us no matter how hard we went in practice we thought kash and the Tigers were going harder and in the end they were but it motivated us to work harder. Everyone was watching the pikeville and paintsville game. The history behind it just made things more heated. Coach Sullivan is a pikeville alum but was on the coaching staff at paintsville for awhile. Cody Charles was considering going to paintsville but coach Sullivan and Charles both picked pikeville over paintsville and they weren't welcome back did no one notice the giant fatheads of them in the paintsville fan section. Their was bad blood there, we beat paintsville bad last year but then they came back to end our season and it left a bitter taste in our mouths. This is a rivalry just like belfry and pikeville but it is more evenly matched and not everyone picks one team to win like everyone does with belfry, rightfully so belfry is the favorite when they play pikeville but when we play paintsville it's going to be split, u know it's gonna be a good game and u r not sure who will win, it is 1a at its best. A 1a team vs the best 3a team of course u r gonna pick the 3a team. We sucker punched belfry out of no where last year, they didn't expect it but it's different this year we lose a lot and belfry has most of their key players from last year, no offense to belfrys line but we tried to make Bentley and Horton and the D line non factors last year, we had a good sized tackle in jake Mullins last year and a very big tackle in Bryson Patton last year and more big lineman like dalton Meade who didn't have to play both ways. Yes we also had estep, we can't replace a player like estep but we have Chatlin, belfry can't replace a player like hatfield but I hear they have a good back wellman who is doing a good job there? Just like estep can't be replaced neither can hatfield but u can have players that come in and r there when u need them, u also have players coming back who r gonna be ur star players like estep like Pugh for pikeville and Willis for belfry from what j have seen Willis looked the best vs us last year and daric played best for us last year, we have an inexperienced qb? Ur starting a freshman? I've seen him in junior high and I know what he has done but dials(a junior) is not inexperienced he has been getting reps all these years behind Austin Charles, I think he will be better than Charles, he knows what shoes he has to fill and he is completely up to the task. Idk If we r gonna be able to rely on the run game it didn't win us the game but it didn't lose it either, our D could've stopped kash, he won that game. I like jet I think he is awesome but I hate it when he talks us up. Ik how good pikeville is and Ik how good belfry is. We all know pikeville can do it but it will be harder than last year obviously it's at CAM and belfry is pissed but u don't think pikeville is they just lost to paintsville, that broke their regular season record what was it 17-0 and who was the last loss to? No other than the Pirates. Pugh didn't play vs Sheldon Clark but he will not miss this game every pikeville player lives for this game but the Pirates fans prob put a W on their schedule beside pikeville. I love pikeville because no one expects 1a team to beat the Pirates except pikeville and we live to win this game, belfry is the most elite 3a team and raises football players and I love to see giants go down. The better team will prevail but the odds r against pikeville so if we win everyone can stop overlooking
Kash is tough but not enough belfry by 14
PikevillePanthers62 Wrote:After reading the earlier post i would have to say kash probably wouldn't do the same thing he did to pikeville to belfry but pikeville vs paintsville was going to be the hardest game for pikeville this year because both teams were gonna give everything they had and were gonna give it to their best player all night. Paintsville had been keeping pikeville in their heads all year even after what they did to us in the playoffs they were thinking about us and the same for us that's what motivated us no matter how hard we went in practice we thought kash and the Tigers were going harder and in the end they were but it motivated us to work harder. Everyone was watching the pikeville and paintsville game. The history behind it just made things more heated. Coach Sullivan is a pikeville alum but was on the coaching staff at paintsville for awhile. Cody Charles was considering going to paintsville but coach Sullivan and Charles both picked pikeville over paintsville and they weren't welcome back did no one notice the giant fatheads of them in the paintsville fan section. Their was bad blood there, we beat paintsville bad last year but then they came back to end our season and it left a bitter taste in our mouths. This is a rivalry just like belfry and pikeville but it is more evenly matched and not everyone picks one team to win like everyone does with belfry, rightfully so belfry is the favorite when they play pikeville but when we play paintsville it's going to be split, u know it's gonna be a good game and u r not sure who will win, it is 1a at its best. A 1a team vs the best 3a team of course u r gonna pick the 3a team. We sucker punched belfry out of no where last year, they didn't expect it but it's different this year we lose a lot and belfry has most of their key players from last year, no offense to belfrys line but we tried to make Bentley and Horton and the D line non factors last year, we had a good sized tackle in jake Mullins last year and a very big tackle in Bryson Patton last year and more big lineman like dalton Meade who didn't have to play both ways. Yes we also had estep, we can't replace a player like estep but we have Chatlin, belfry can't replace a player like hatfield but I hear they have a good back wellman who is doing a good job there? Just like estep can't be replaced neither can hatfield but u can have players that come in and r there when u need them, u also have players coming back who r gonna be ur star players like estep like Pugh for pikeville and Willis for belfry from what j have seen Willis looked the best vs us last year and daric played best for us last year, we have an inexperienced qb? Ur starting a freshman? I've seen him in junior high and I know what he has done but dials(a junior) is not inexperienced he has been getting reps all these years behind Austin Charles, I think he will be better than Charles, he knows what shoes he has to fill and he is completely up to the task. Idk If we r gonna be able to rely on the run game it didn't win us the game but it didn't lose it either, our D could've stopped kash, he won that game. I like jet I think he is awesome but I hate it when he talks us up. Ik how good pikeville is and Ik how good belfry is. We all know pikeville can do it but it will be harder than last year obviously it's at CAM and belfry is pissed but u don't think pikeville is they just lost to paintsville, that broke their regular season record what was it 17-0 and who was the last loss to? No other than the Pirates. Pugh didn't play vs Sheldon Clark but he will not miss this game every pikeville player lives for this game but the Pirates fans prob put a W on their schedule beside pikeville. I love pikeville because no one expects 1a team to beat the Pirates except pikeville and we live to win this game, belfry is the most elite 3a team and raises football players and I love to see giants go down. The better team will prevail but the odds r against pikeville so if we win everyone can stop overlooking

We aren't starting a freshman, bub. He was filling in for a suspended Corbett.
PikevillePanthers62 Wrote:After reading the earlier post i would have to say kash probably wouldn't do the same thing he did to pikeville to belfry but pikeville vs paintsville was going to be the hardest game for pikeville this year because both teams were gonna give everything they had and were gonna give it to their best player all night. Paintsville had been keeping pikeville in their heads all year even after what they did to us in the playoffs they were thinking about us and the same for us that's what motivated us no matter how hard we went in practice we thought kash and the Tigers were going harder and in the end they were but it motivated us to work harder. Everyone was watching the pikeville and paintsville game. The history behind it just made things more heated. Coach Sullivan is a pikeville alum but was on the coaching staff at paintsville for awhile. Cody Charles was considering going to paintsville but coach Sullivan and Charles both picked pikeville over paintsville and they weren't welcome back did no one notice the giant fatheads of them in the paintsville fan section. Their was bad blood there, we beat paintsville bad last year but then they came back to end our season and it left a bitter taste in our mouths. This is a rivalry just like belfry and pikeville but it is more evenly matched and not everyone picks one team to win like everyone does with belfry, rightfully so belfry is the favorite when they play pikeville but when we play paintsville it's going to be split, u know it's gonna be a good game and u r not sure who will win, it is 1a at its best. A 1a team vs the best 3a team of course u r gonna pick the 3a team. We sucker punched belfry out of no where last year, they didn't expect it but it's different this year we lose a lot and belfry has most of their key players from last year, no offense to belfrys line but we tried to make Bentley and Horton and the D line non factors last year, we had a good sized tackle in jake Mullins last year and a very big tackle in Bryson Patton last year and more big lineman like dalton Meade who didn't have to play both ways. Yes we also had estep, we can't replace a player like estep but we have Chatlin, belfry can't replace a player like hatfield but I hear they have a good back wellman who is doing a good job there? Just like estep can't be replaced neither can hatfield but u can have players that come in and r there when u need them, u also have players coming back who r gonna be ur star players like estep like Pugh for pikeville and Willis for belfry from what j have seen Willis looked the best vs us last year and daric played best for us last year, we have an inexperienced qb? Ur starting a freshman? I've seen him in junior high and I know what he has done but dials(a junior) is not inexperienced he has been getting reps all these years behind Austin Charles, I think he will be better than Charles, he knows what shoes he has to fill and he is completely up to the task. Idk If we r gonna be able to rely on the run game it didn't win us the game but it didn't lose it either, our D could've stopped kash, he won that game. I like jet I think he is awesome but I hate it when he talks us up. Ik how good pikeville is and Ik how good belfry is. We all know pikeville can do it but it will be harder than last year obviously it's at CAM and belfry is pissed but u don't think pikeville is they just lost to paintsville, that broke their regular season record what was it 17-0 and who was the last loss to? No other than the Pirates. Pugh didn't play vs Sheldon Clark but he will not miss this game every pikeville player lives for this game but the Pirates fans prob put a W on their schedule beside pikeville. I love pikeville because no one expects 1a team to beat the Pirates except pikeville and we live to win this game, belfry is the most elite 3a team and raises football players and I love to see giants go down. The better team will prevail but the odds r against pikeville so if we win everyone can stop overlooking

I'm now inspired lol
We'll find out a lot about both of these teams Friday night. Both very talented. Pikeville Is going to walk into CAM and roll over! Pugh is talented. I think Belfry is the better team. Belfry wins this one up front.

This made my head hurt to read! Pirates win by 20? something
Just walked into Belfry High. Derek Wellman and Andrew Fletcher plan to play a best of 5 series each day of Rock Paper Scissors to decide who has to start against Pikeville. Derek said there's no way he's going up against that Panther defense, and Andrew says he will quit the team if Coach makes him play them. I just hope they all don't chicken out. The Charles boys are pretty terrifying though, I may move back 4 or 5 rows just in case they get close to the stands.
Before lunch they're having a ceremony for Cameron Catron, who has decided after hearing the PA announcer say we play Pikeville to retire from football.
Some people may know, but they play music over the intercom system here at BHS between classes. Instead of the usual pop hits, they'll be playing the Jaws theme song all week.
I heard the game film Pikeville sent Belfry was only available in Imax 3D and it scored a 97 on Rotten Tomatoes
Just got word that Pugh had a frayed wire and was short circuiting the night of the Paintsville game. Explains the loss.
I believe this will be a good one but i got belfry by 1 touchdown.
I am not sure why Pikeville fans want to do so much trash talking toward Belfry? Last year Pikeville won at home 29-20 over a Belfry. However, before that Belfry had won the last 9 (only went back 10 games) games by a combined score of 455 to 125. Which would be an average of 51 to 14 score with Belfry Winning. My guess it will be another 10 years before Pikeville gets another win. I think Pikeville takes another beating at the pond. Can you say running clock.
Eagle84 Wrote:I am not sure why Pikeville fans want to do so much trash talking toward Belfry? Last year Pikeville won at home 29-20 over a Belfry. However, before that Belfry had won the last 9 (only went back 10 games) games by a combined score of 455 to 125. Which would be an average of 51 to 14 score with Belfry Winning. My guess it will be another 10 years before Pikeville gets another win. I think Pikeville takes another beating at the pond. Can you say running clock.

Can you say lack of reading comprehension skills. Show me a post where a Pikeville fan has so much as predicted a win.Confusedhh:
jetpilot Wrote:Can you say lack of reading comprehension skills. Show me a post where a Pikeville fan has so much as predicted a win.Confusedhh:

To be fair I am not sure anyone knows exactly what PikevillePanthers62 predicted.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:To be fair I am not sure anyone knows exactly what PikevillePanthers62 predicted.

By definition, trash talking must be obvious to qualify.
I said it last year. The Pirates sleep walked in Hillard Howard thinking Pikeville didn't matter. The kids on that team looked at Pikeville like they looked at Pike Central, we the older generation might know and understand the rivalry between Pikeville and Belfry. We might know that Pikeville can be a force to reckon with at times but those kids had seen scores like these in their past

2013 56 - 20 Belfry
2012 48 - 0 Belfry
2011 51 - 14 Belfry
2010 55 - 24 Belfry
2009 54 - 20 Belfry
2008 48 - 7 Belfry

With scores like the above the fact Pikeville hadn't even played it close since 2006 and the last time Pikeville beat Belfry those kids were in diapers. They didn't get up for Pikeville because to them Pikeville couldn't beat them. This year they wont have blinders on, they will see Pikeville coming and they will be ready

Belfry 35
Pikeville 15
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I said it last year. The Pirates sleep walked in Hillard Howard thinking Pikeville didn't matter. The kids on that team looked at Pikeville like they looked at Pike Central, we the older generation might know and understand the rivalry between Pikeville and Belfry. We might know that Pikeville can be a force to reckon with at times but those kids had seen scores like these in their past

2013 56 - 20 Belfry
2012 48 - 0 Belfry
2011 51 - 14 Belfry
2010 55 - 24 Belfry
2009 54 - 20 Belfry
2008 48 - 7 Belfry

With scores like the above the fact Pikeville hadn't even played it close since 2006 and the last time Pikeville beat Belfry those kids were in diapers. They didn't get up for Pikeville because to them Pikeville couldn't beat them. This year they wont have blinders on, they will see Pikeville coming and they will be ready

Belfry 35
Pikeville 15

This thread is starting to look like last year's prediction thread lol...If the adults can dismiss Pikeville again after the beatdown last year hopefully the kids can too.
jetpilot Wrote:This thread is starting to look like last year's prediction thread lol...If the adults can dismiss Pikeville again after the beatdown last year hopefully the kids can too.

If you at all mistook my post as overlooking Pikeville you need to reevaluate your reading comprehension, because I for one would never overlook Pikeville. My statement was that the kids did last year because they had no reference to Pikeville being good enough to beat them. I thoroughly remember 98, 99 and 2000 vividly. It sucked loosing to Pikeville when I was a student and I remember all the hype going into those games. We knew Pikeville was a big game. The kids on Belfrys last few teams did not have that reference to know that Pikeville was dangerous.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next