•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry 9/18
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Yes Belfrys defense could stop him. How many top players in the state came to belfry and got stopped. Yes I'm saying it. Belfrys Defense is better than Pikeville. I tell you why. Pikeville's D line play scared. They have to cut our offensive linemans legs out from them. To me that chickensh!tt football.

:dontthink
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Yes Belfrys defense could stop him. How many top players in the state came to belfry and got stopped. Yes I'm saying it. Belfrys Defense is better than Pikeville. I tell you why. Pikeville's D line play scared. They have to cut our offensive linemans legs out from them. To me that chickensh!tt football.

There is no denying the "cut" was instrumental in both sides of the ball in neutralizing Belfry last year. At the same time, it is completely legal and very smart. If Pikeville is going to cut down the Belfry linemen and Belfry knows it is going to happen, well then they need to do something about it. Make them pay.

On offense get outside and get the corner. Backs have to block for each other. Pull guards and work the counter. Mix in a little veer with the fullback instead of the belly up the middle.

On defense be patient and let their lineman take themselves out of the play and clog their own running lanes.

Wellman and Fletcher have to step up and scrape and flaw for extra yards and Willis and Catron have to be decisive and explode into the hole:

Ray and Bentley have to be smart and tough and keep their feet. Dotson and Hall have to play their best games of their career to make sure Pugh doesn't get to the second level.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There is no denying the "cut" was instrumental in both sides of the ball in neutralizing Belfry last year. At the same time, it is completely legal and very smart. If Pikeville is going to cut down the Belfry linemen and Belfry knows it is going to happen, well then they need to do something about it. Make them pay.

On offense get outside and get the corner. Backs have to block for each other. Pull guards and work the counter. Mix in a little veer with the fullback instead of the belly up the middle.

On defense be patient and let their lineman take themselves out of the play and clog their own running lanes.

Wellman and Fletcher have to step up and scrape and flaw for extra yards and Willis and Catron have to be decisive and explode into the hole:

Ray and Bentley have to be smart and tough and keep their feet. Dotson and Hall have to play their best games of their career to make sure Pugh doesn't get to the second level.

You are reading a lot into this game. Yall will win going away.
Pikeville by 35 or so. Best team in the mountains not named Johnson Central. Smile
After the game they're going to retire #45 in all of Pike County.
Belfry - 36

Pikeville - 34
I just hope Belfry has a chance to pull it out late.
Belfry by 7
Pikeville by 6!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Pikeville by 35 or so. Best team in the mountains not named Johnson Central. Smile
No. Belfry has two Tom Brady's and a Peyton Manning, along with at least two Vince Wilforks. We will be lucky to keep it within 30. Confusednicker:
PHSForever Wrote:No. Belfry has two Tom Brady's and a Peyton Manning, along with at least two Vince Wilforks. We will be lucky to keep it within 30. Confusednicker:

The 89 Panthers came together to watch this Pikeville team practice and handed over their Championship Rings to them on the spot.

Chatlin Jarrell went back in time and challenged David Jones to a foot race and beat Jones by 40 yards in the 100 yard dash.

Pikeville by at least 42

Big Grin
EKUAlum forgot to mention Jarrell back pedaled in the aforementioned race
Since I troll yalls thread nonstop, I figured id ask a serious question that I asked on the Mayfield thread. Yall have a nice facility so I was wondering if yall was this high tech. The other night McCracken had a tent over on the visitors side with a tv under it and chairs around it so the Offensive/Defensive players could watch a replay of the last series while off the field and the other side of the ball on the field. How many teams over yonder have yall seen do that. Ive never seen or heard of that before. Football is expensive but looks to be getting even more expensive if you are going to keep up with the jones.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Since I troll yalls thread nonstop, I figured id ask a serious question that I asked on the Mayfield thread. Yall have a nice facility so I was wondering if yall was this high tech. The other night McCracken had a tent over on the visitors side with a tv under it and chairs around it so the Offensive/Defensive players could watch a replay of the last series while off the field and the other side of the ball on the field. How many teams over yonder have yall seen do that. Ive never seen or heard of that before. Football is expensive but looks to be getting even more expensive if you are going to keep up with the jones.

What is this tv device you speak of?
jetpilot Wrote:What is this tv device you speak of?

Some kind of monitor or tv under a tent. There players where setting around it watching it when off the field. I doubt there coach lets them watch movies at the game so im sure they was studying what happened on there last series in.
jetpilot Wrote:What is this tv device you speak of?

I think they play NFL football out west. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I think they play NFL football out west. Confusednicker:

We have never seen this out west. McCracken is trying to go high tech. school only in its 3rd year, and they bought 2 more helmets this year now have 3 different colors. Trying to be the Patriots technology wise, and trying to look fancy like Oregon.
Belfry is probably happy they play Pikeville, and not Paintsville. Belfry would be a circled win for Paintsville.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Since I troll yalls thread nonstop, I figured id ask a serious question that I asked on the Mayfield thread. Yall have a nice facility so I was wondering if yall was this high tech. The other night McCracken had a tent over on the visitors side with a tv under it and chairs around it so the Offensive/Defensive players could watch a replay of the last series while off the field and the other side of the ball on the field. How many teams over yonder have yall seen do that. Ive never seen or heard of that before. Football is expensive but looks to be getting even more expensive if you are going to keep up with the jones.
In all seriousness, I'm not even sure if that is allowed while the game is in progress? I know it probably is ok during halftime, etc, but I don't know if KHSAA has even addressed that. I do know it took a long time for them to allow the use of iPads for basketball diagramming, etcetera on the sideline during games.
PHSForever Wrote:In all seriousness, I'm not even sure if that is allowed while the game is in progress? I know it probably is ok during halftime, etc, but I don't know if KHSAA has even addressed that. I do know it took a long time for them to allow the use of iPads for basketball diagramming, etcetera on the sideline during games.

I seen players setting watching it during the game. Maybe it wasnt the previous series, maybe they was watching Finding Nemo.
Im not picking the score til the game starts lol
Don Paul Branham went back in time and watched himself lay an excellent hit on jones at the alumni game...😁. Then we went back and watched em water down the field at vipperman. 😁 Chatlin actually back peddled in that race on his hands if u wanna know the truth....😁
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The 89 Panthers came together to watch this Pikeville team practice and handed over their Championship Rings to them on the spot.

Chatlin Jarrell went back in time and challenged David Jones to a foot race and beat Jones by 40 yards in the 100 yard dash.

Pikeville by at least 42

Big Grin

I heard the same thing, only it was the 87' Panther team that gave their rings.:biggrin:
I hear Coach Mac demoted himself. After watching game film he realized Corey Charles knows football way more than him so he is just going to Coach the Offense and let Charles be a player Head Coach.

Daric Pugh is questionable for this Friday. He tried to run over a Norfolk Southern train. Pugh has some bruised ribs and a strained quad... the train though is out for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Big Five-0- Wrote:I heard the same thing, only it was the 87' Panther team that gave their rings.:biggrin:

They should give there rings back from 87. They was that saying that pj doug has a patent on.
Can't wait to prove you wrong!
killbilly usmc Wrote:Some kind of monitor or tv under a tent. There players where setting around it watching it when off the field. I doubt there coach lets them watch movies at the game so im sure they was studying what happened on there last series in.
Don't think they were watching replays !!! Think it was sponge bob square paints they were watching !!! The pirate linemen kind of reminds me of Patrick !!!!
Is it going to come to this? Lord help us!
Looking for an emotional charged game. Both teams circle this game on the calendar and its a battle for Pike Co. Last year the Panthers said "enough" and won last year to really make this a rivalry again. Both teams have high hopes and I hope its a good clean injury free game! Make no mistakes about it the CAM will be electric this Friday night!!!!
I'm just hoping our savior returns before Friday
Or returns on Friday and starts LB for us. Because we will need Jesus to beat Pikeville.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next