Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 9/18
Slobber Knocker!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Interesting match up , greenup who thinks they are the only team in Kentucky that works out in the off season against Lawrence co who think they are the best team in Kentucky ( which I think is great to support your boys like that) greenups defense Is better this year but their offense is still bad not sure about Lawrence co .

Lawrence co 24
Greenup 6

No one thinks Lawrence is the best team in the state, heck we're not even the best team in district 8 at this point. I do however believe we are in the top 10 of the mountains.
Would not be surprised to see Greenup pull off the victory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just got done watching film of Greenup County against every team they have played to this point. I stand by my comment that this bulldog offense is the best and most balanced they have seen to this point. They have a very aggressive front 7 and they blitz a lot. I don't see all the speed in their defensive secondary that some claim. They are very susceptible to the QB run with the style of defense they run with the front 7. The bulldogs QB Grant Kiser is one of the best at reading a defense and changing the play based on what the defense shows him. He will keep the hand off or decide against a pass if he thinks he can get some run yards so I expect a big night on the ground for him. The Greenup secondary is very small and we will have a mismatch with the size of our receivers and our speed will be a big mismatch also. The Greenup run game is average at best and just like the Fairview QB Alex Roy their QB struggles to make accurate throws when being pressured and this bulldog defense will get pressure. The strength of this whole Greenup team is the defensive line IMO but I think the huge strong offensive line of Lawrence County will cancel that out.
Greenup so close but just can't get over the hump. Think they lose a close game again 24-20.
hopefully this will be a competitive scrimmage game for lc. lc should present a a multi-dimensional offense this game. lc defense is to strong for gc. barring turnovers lc prevails.
Eagle84 Wrote:What are you talking about with "no way jc risks losing to a 3a team before they play Ashland"? JC just played Lexington C. at their place and had a game schedule with O. Smith out of M. Beach SC. JC will play just about anyone home and away. My questing is why do you think a team with the tradition of Lexington C. would agree to a home and away with JC when they can get a game with just about anyone in Central KY which would be much less travel? The reason is because Lexington C wants to see a similar offense and style of play of Belfry for the playoff.
Seems to me Russell and LC truly believe they had a fighting chance against Belfry they would take the approach. Instead LC schedule Powell County. Come on that is a joke.

The following statement by you maybe the dumbest statement every made on Bluegrass Rivals “hopefully high school football games are not about gate, concessions, etc.” What high school sports program do you think the bills for you school? Based on you above statement I feel the need to give you a hint. It’s played on Friday Nights. Most likely football is the biggest money maker for your school and pays the bills for many of the other smaller sports. That is why the extra 10,000 dollars is important. I think what you were trying to say is the money should not be the only factor and I agree with youth on that.

Back to the GC vs LC game. Again I think LC wins by 2 or 3 TD but only if they make big plays in their passing game. LC will find it difficult to run on GC and it could be a very good game if LC does not move the ball though the air.
high school sports are not and should never be about money. the taxpayers of lawrence county pay to fund an educational system that hopefully prepares boys and girls for the future. sports are a extra-curricular activity and participants in any sport must maintain a certain gpa to play. money should never matter only achievement.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:high school sports are not and should never be about money. the taxpayers of lawrence county pay to fund an educational system that hopefully prepares boys and girls for the future. sports are a extra-curricular activity and participants in any sport must maintain a certain gpa to play. money should never matter only achievement.

What are you smoking? It must be something home grown.
If that is the case why do LC charge to get in at the gate? TO MAKE MONEY :please:
None of the LC sports have to think about money I've seen the school put money in all the school sports the parents the community puts in a ton of money sometime they a packet house sometimes they don't but they do have a good crowd if the kids need something we find a way the coaches think about coaching very little time on the money because of the school parents community is great at supporting all LC sports
LCDOG 87 Wrote:None of the LC sports have to think about money I've seen the school put money in all the school sports the parents the community puts in a ton of money sometime they a packet house sometimes they don't but they do have a good crowd if the kids need something we find a way the coaches think about coaching very little time on the money because of the school parents community is great at supporting all LC sports

I am starting to believe Bob Seger " it the water in Lawrence" that bring all the dummies.

I will try to break this down for you in very small parts so better to help you understand.

First, as a coach I would like to think you try to play teams that make you better if you can. Playing Powell County did nothing for LC. Playing JC would do that.

Second, Most school try to play schools that will prepare you for the success in you district schedule(Belfry). Playing JC would do that.

Third, Most schools likes to play teams in their area to increase fan support, revenue and save travel cost. The JC game would do that.

Forth, and Last you say LC does not need additional revenue then why is the LC school system teacher pay rank 156 which is very close to the bottom. Much lower then say Boyd 97, Martin 99 or Johnson 53. You do not feel your teacher need to be payed better than 156 out of like 175?
Eagle84 nobody cares about jc on this thread!
In the pound Wrote:Eagle84 nobody cares about jc on this thread!

If i was you I would be concern if anyone cares about LC. Talking about how LC has all the economic resources they need but Rank 156 in the state of KY in average Teacher's Pay.
Looked at KSHAA stats both Montgomery and Greenup are tied in Defensive points allowed per game. 4 games 39 points allowed 9.8 per.
T-CATS Wrote:Looked at KSHAA stats both Montgomery and Greenup are tied in Defensive points allowed per game. 4 games 39 points allowed 9.8 per.

This is true, but Montgomery did it against larger schools with a much higher caliber of athletes. The only way you could get a fair comparison of the two defenses would be if both played all the same teams. If Montgomery were to play the schedule Greenup has to this point with teams like Lewis County or Fleming County you would probably be looking at scores like 50 or 60-0.

Montgomery
Collins 4A Loaded with athletes held to 7 points.
Harrison County 4A held to 6 points
GRC 6A Loaded with athletes held to 12 points
Lawrence County 3A a few good athletes of their own held to 14 points

Greenup
Lewis County 3A Held to 0 points
Russell 3A Held to 19 points
Raceland 1A Held to 12 points
Fleming County 3A Held to 8 points
Greenup hasn't even played anyone in their own class or higher yet so I wouldn't claim that they have a good defense just yet. Their defense hasn't really been tested yet IMO, but I think they will Friday night. I could be dead wrong and if they come out and shut this Lawrence County offense down I will be the first to come on and eat my crow but I feel pretty confident.
I remember the year LC was putting 40 to 60 points on their opponets and when we went to Bourbon Co. They held us to a big fat Zero. That was Duddly Hylton first year there and they went on to win the State Championship that year. That was also the year LC ended Brettitt Co 43 game win streak. But with that said I look for the Dawgs to win this game But as we know anything can happen on a Friday night of High School Football
Eagle84 Wrote:If i was you I would be concern if anyone cares about LC. Talking about how LC has all the economic resources they need but Rank 156 in the state of KY in average Teacher's Pay.

I'm about sick of all this bulldogs playing eagles stuff. I personally would love to see this game happen every year and I have said this over and over. Lets be real here and ask what Johnson Central would have to gain from this in just a football standpoint. We are struggling to catch up with 3A Belfry who has won two back to back 3A titles and been in like the last 4. That is the same Belfry team who Johnson Central has laid the smack on the last few seasons so I think we all know how a JC-V-LC game would go right now. This Bulldog program is getting stronger every year and we are getting our feeder programs built up and our numbers are gradually getting better, but I don't think this team would give Johnson Central much of a game to this point. JC is one of the top 3 4A teams right now with a legitimate shot at a title. It cracks me up that people who represent this team are always complaining about filling a schedule yet they are always talking about smaller teams who they are pretty much guaranteed a win against wont play em. You people act like your team is some group of juggernauts that everyone is afraid of. It's funny to me that you say you can't find anyone who will play you yet the real juggernaut teams of this state like Highlands, Trinity and Bowling Green find a good hard schedule every season. They go out of state to Indiana and Ohio if they need to and they play some of the best of the best all year. Johnson Central for years now plays bad teams who they can run the score up on to look good yet no one wants to question the coaches as to why. Every JC poster on here swears up and down that they are a part of the coaching staff and have first hand knowledge of all these teams every year being afraid to play you and I'm not buying anything any of you are selling. I doubt very seriously any of you are anything more then just fans in the stands who think they know something like wannabe coaches. No one is afraid to play Johnson Central, Johnson Central is just afraid to schedule a team who can beat em in the regular season. Your coach is trying to build up a strong looking resume for his next gig. Don't believe me then just get on KHSAA and look at all the weak teams you have played in your non district schedule since your coach came to town. You got to go all the way back to 2012 for the last time JC lost a non district regular season game, the score of you'r non district games the last 3 years was an average of like 45-7 don't you find that just a little fishy.
This thread is getting a little stale so that should get a few people going!
:popcorn:Confusednicker:
Dawg Family Wrote:I remember the year LC was putting 40 to 60 points on their opponets and when we went to Bourbon Co. They held us to a big fat Zero. That was Duddly Hylton first year there and they went on to win the State Championship that year. That was also the year LC ended Brettitt Co 43 game win streak. But with that said I look for the Dawgs to win this game But as we know anything can happen on a Friday night of High School Football

I remember that year well. I was about 19 years old then lol. That game against Breathitt is still to this day the best high school football game I have ever seen. If my memory serves me correctly that Bourbon County game was 0-0 to start the 4th, one of the biggest defensive battles I have ever seen. Nick Meadows our TB at the time had a touchdown called back in the 2nd or that game could have been different. I think Bourbon beat us like 14-0. The part that hurts is that Bourbon went on in the Championship game the next week to win pretty easily.
:Thumbs:
anyone know the status of hall, t. Dalton and the younger Ratliff. I know wellman is out probably for the year.
Is the Louisa Radio station carrying the games via the web this year? I haven't been able to pick them up on any of the games.
In the pound Wrote:anyone know the status of hall, t. Dalton and the younger Ratliff. I know wellman is out probably for the year.

I don't know anything about Hall or Ratliff. The Dr wanted Timmy Dalton to sit out for three weeks. A family member said that Wellman could be back by the playoffs. Timmy got hurt in the Montgomery game so he sat out a full week leading up to the Fairview game then a full week leading up to the Powell game and he has sat out a full week leading up to this game, that is three weeks, more then three if you count weekend days. I know he wants to get out there with his brother so bad and I say he plays. I would be shocked if hes not playing at least limited minutes Friday. What I was told about Wellman was like a day or two after the injury so that may have changed. I know JT Hall had an injury to his shoulder but I don't know the extent of it.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know anything about Hall or Ratliff. The Dr wanted Timmy Dalton to sit out for three weeks. A family member said that Wellman could be back by the playoffs. Timmy got hurt in the Montgomery game so he sat out a full week leading up to the Fairview game then a full week leading up to the Powell game and he has sat out a full week leading up to this game, that is three weeks, more then three if you count weekend days. I know he wants to get out there with his brother so bad and I say he plays. I would be shocked if hes not playing at least limited minutes Friday. What I was told about Wellman was like a day or two after the injury so that may have changed. I know JT Hall had an injury to his shoulder but I don't know the extent of it.

Thanks for the info! jt hall is a big boy and when he gets back will only make our line stronger and better.
Dawg Family Wrote:Is the Louisa Radio station carrying the games via the web this year? I haven't been able to pick them up on any of the games.

Yes its 92.3 the jack fm. should be able to google it and find the link
In the pound Wrote:anyone know the status of hall, t. Dalton and the younger Ratliff. I know wellman is out probably for the year.

Timmy will not play this week, the dr. That told him to sit 3 weeks saw him on the friday of the Fairview game for the 1st time. Jt hall out for the year was scheduled for surgery yesterday. Have not got any info on the ratilff kid.
Thanks for the injury updates
In the pound Wrote:Yes its 92.3 the jack fm. should be able to google it and find the link

http://www.92jack.com/
pjdoug Wrote:http://www.92jack.com/

Thanks I had to move from Louisa a few years ago. But I still love my Dawg Family This helps me keep up with them. I only get to see 2 or 3 of there games in person each year now.
Lawrence Co
OK I'ts game night. About two and a half hours till game time. It's been a fun week of discussing football on BGR. I hope its's an injury free game for both sides. I like my Dawg's in this one 28-7.
Greenup 19 LC 13