Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 9/18
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm saving this for the Friday night score thread!
Confusednicker:

You do that.

I hope that GC has all of its weapons back to defend Lawrence County's offensive potential. I know they have had some injuries, too.
:hilarious:
Fly By Night Wrote:I have watched both Dalton's play for years.

I know their speed. I know what Greenup County needs to do to win the game.
Who does greenup have out Timmy may or may not these week he should be hopefully
Do-double-gg Wrote::hilarious:

:please::lame:
Fly By Night Wrote:I have watched both Dalton's play for years.

I know their speed. I know what Greenup County needs to do to win the game.

Well why are you even on here on this thread then? You need to be at Greenup county selling your game plan. You got this Bulldog offense all figured out. Shoot if Greenup has us figured out as good as you do then this thing is over before it ever even starts. Maybe the Dawg's should just take the week off and start getting ready for Raceland on 10/2.
:popcorn:
Keep it coming, this is why I love BGR! Plus I'm trying to hurry up and get to 3000 posts and get my VIP!
Confusednicker::popcorn:
Who gc got out
I have moved on from coaching high school football.

LC going to show up at GC in fatigues like they did in 2007?
In all seriousness I know Greenup is a much improved team from years past. They have a very tough defense and an ok offense. They will get some stops on the bulldog offense I'm sure, but I would bet the farm that they wont hold us to as few a points as the teams they have played so far. We just have way to many athletes with speed who are a threat to take it to the house at any given moment. If this game comes down to what team can get lucky enough to get a few points on the board then I will take the bulldogs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Do-double-gg Wrote:In all seriousness I know Greenup is a much improved team from years past. They have a very tough defense and an ok offense. They will get some stops on the bulldog offense I'm sure, but I would bet the farm that they wont hold us to as few a points as the teams they have played so far. We just have way to many athletes with speed who are a threat to take it to the house at any given moment. If this game comes down to what team can get lucky enough to get a few points on the board then I will take the bulldogs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Fair enough

Should be a great game.

Wish I could be there, but I will be at the Bourbon County @ GRC game this Friday night.
I hope that GC has all of its weapons back to defend Lawrence County's offensive potential. I know they have had some injuries, too. who do they have out I hope nobody is injured
LCDOG 87 Wrote:I hope that GC has all of its weapons back to defend Lawrence County's offensive potential. I know they have had some injuries, too. who do they have out I hope nobody is injured

Check out the Raceland/GC thread.
Louisa is all a buzz about these dawgs .. Good for Lawrence ..

Dawgs roll in this one.
lc had some problems against powell with false starts. lc should take control of this game in the first half with a prolonged rushing attack. they used over 9 minutes against powell in the 1st quarter on their 1st score. dawgs lull you to sleep with 4-5 yards a play then hit a pass play for 30 yards. dawgs have 8 solid rushers and 5 solid receivers, not to mention the o and d line that makes all of it possible. the best TEAM lc has played this year is montgomery county. they are a TEAM. boyd and fairview were a couple of players. lc is a TEAM this year and it takes a TEAM to beat them. does greenup have a TEAM or a couple of players?
lc used to be the team you could load 8 in the box and win. not anymore. lc even has a very good kicking game. they kicked a field goal against powell. the last time i remember lc kicking a field goal was in 2005 when i believe mike roberts kicked the winning goal against boyd in a pouring rain that knocked boyd out of post season. i think i am right on that. i believe roberts went on to play for eku but i am not sure.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:lc used to be the team you could load 8 in the box and win. not anymore. lc even has a very good kicking game. they kicked a field goal against powell. the last time i remember lc kicking a field goal was in 2005 when i believe mike roberts kicked the winning goal against boyd in a pouring rain that knocked boyd out of post season. i think i am right on that. i believe roberts went on to play for eku but i am not sure.
You are partly correct it was against Boyd Co. But It was Jason Spradlin that kicked it. And I agree with the rest of your statement a team won't be able to load the box on this years team. If the O'line can give the QB 3 to 4 seconds he will pick you apart because the receivers will find the open spots.
Interesting match up , greenup who thinks they are the only team in Kentucky that works out in the off season against Lawrence co who think they are the best team in Kentucky ( which I think is great to support your boys like that) greenups defense Is better this year but their offense is still bad not sure about Lawrence co .

Lawrence co 24
Greenup 6
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Interesting match up , greenup who thinks they are the only team in Kentucky that works out in the off season against Lawrence co who think they are the best team in Kentucky ( which I think is great to support your boys like that) greenups defense Is better this year but their offense is still bad not sure about Lawrence co .

Lawrence co 24
Greenup 6

By no means do I think LC is the best in the state I still think they are a distant second in our own district. But with that said I do think we have made up some ground and have gotten a lot better over the past few years. I would also like to add that being second in our district behind Belfry isn't a bad thing because any other 3A team in the state that would be in our district would also be second because They are the champs until some one can take them down. I'm still not sure LC can this year but i do think it will be one heck of a game if both team are healthy when they meet up next month. Good luck against Greenup this should shed just a little more light on where were at as a team.
If both Dalton's are playing, then Lawrence will beat Greenup by a comfortable margin. If not, then this will be close.
I believe LC will get the win (28-14 / 35- 14) but GC will play hard and stop LC running game. LC will need to make big throw in this game to score consistency. If LC does not create the big play then they will be in a game.

Again I just want to say I can not understand why LC played Powell County when they could have played JC just beyond logic. Besides being a great gate and game for fans it would have gotten LC more ready for Belfry. Just a shame for MT. Fans.
Eagle84 Wrote:I believe LC will get the win (28-14 / 35- 14) but GC will play hard and stop LC running game. LC will need to make big throw in this game to score consistency. If LC does not create the big play then they will be in a game.

Again I just want to say I can not understand why LC played Powell County when they could have played JC just beyond logic. Besides being a great gate and game for fans it would have gotten LC more ready for Belfry. Just a shame for MT. Fans.

LC has no interest in playing Johnson Central, and the dawg pound was packed so I don't see the gate being much better. What's a real shame is that JC fans keep blaming LC because JC can't fill their schedule. I have said before if the trends at JC stay the same the only home games JC will have will be district games.

It is a shame though that JC can't even pay a team to come paintsville and play them a huntington high, or Pulaski co.
First, you just played Powell County I would guess they had say about 200 fans. You can best your bottom JC would bring 5 X that or more. I understand you have difficult doing basic math. But that would increase you gate about 4000, add concession again I would guess another 2500 for a total of around 6500 or more. So unless you do not think 6500 to 10000 is as you said "I don't see the gate being much better" you are wrong again. Last, all I have read is how good LC is with all that speed and size on offense and how you will give Belfry all that want. With your attitude you have just makes me think as usual LC all talk and continues to be soft and that will show up in the Belfry Game as usual. Say 35-14 / 42-21 I guess for you that will be a good season.
Eagle84 Wrote:I believe LC will get the win (28-14 / 35- 14) but GC will play hard and stop LC running game. LC will need to make big throw in this game to score consistency. If LC does not create the big play then they will be in a game.

no benefit to JC other than money. just a scrimmage game that would knock the eagles down in the polls if lc won. to big a risk for the eagles.
Dawgs win a close one.
Eagle84 Wrote:First, you just played Powell County I would guess they had say about 200 fans. You can best your bottom JC would bring 5 X that or more. I understand you have difficult doing basic math. But that would increase you gate about 4000, add concession again I would guess another 2500 for a total of around 6500 or more. So unless you do not think 6500 to 10000 is as you said "I don't see the gate being much better" you are wrong again. Last, all I have read is how good LC is with all that speed and size on offense and how you will give Belfry all that want. With your attitude you have just makes me think as usual LC all talk and continues to be soft and that will show up in the Belfry Game as usual. Say 35-14 / 42-21 I guess for you that will be a good season.
hopefully high school football games are not about gate, concessions, etc. lc has a very solid team this year. it will be all on the the play calling by the coaches if they are to get where they need to be. lc has not had this much talent since the 90's. they bring the full package, special teams, passing, rushing, all starting with big o-line/d-line. all of the games leading up to district play are scrimmage games for lc, installing different offensive and defensive personnel and sets to see what works best. they stepped out of their comfort zone against a very good 5a team in montgomery county and held their own. no way jc risks losing to a 3a team before they play ashland.
Eagle84 Wrote:First, you just played Powell County I would guess they had say about 200 fans. You can best your bottom JC would bring 5 X that or more. I understand you have difficult doing basic math. But that would increase you gate about 4000, add concession again I would guess another 2500 for a total of around 6500 or more. So unless you do not think 6500 to 10000 is as you said "I don't see the gate being much better" you are wrong again. Last, all I have read is how good LC is with all that speed and size on offense and how you will give Belfry all that want. With your attitude you have just makes me think as usual LC all talk and continues to be soft and that will show up in the Belfry Game as usual. Say 35-14 / 42-21 I guess for you that will be a good season.

Really don't understand JC and why you all are so tore up because the two teams don't play. It does not benefit LC to play JC in any way. It is not the fault of Lawrence County that JC can not fill their schedule. And I don't think you have seen any where on here that I have said LC will beat belfry. In my opinion belfry is the best run football program in the state. And I really doubt that their are 1000 people in Johnson County that could find their way to Louisa on a Friday night, especially when paintsville and johnson county's premier football player kash are playing just up the street.

JC has offered to pay a team $6000 to $7000 to come play them by your numbers JC brings $6, 500 to $10, 000 in revenue with them to road games. You have 1a teams playing 6a teams, teams get beat bad every week, nobody is afraid to anybody, but nobody wants to come to JC to play the eagles. Wonder why that is.
Lc is fixing to go on a run like the 90s! The feeder programs are good, talent on every squad. But the quality of coaches at every level is awesome right now. The lc all in isn't just a cool slogan they mean it.
As for the game, I think lc will use the short passing game to open the defense up and create running lanes as the game goes on. Greenup may take something away but it really is pick your poison.
Greenup is eventually going to get somebody.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:hopefully high school football games are not about gate, concessions, etc. lc has a very solid team this year. it will be all on the the play calling by the coaches if they are to get where they need to be. lc has not had this much talent since the 90's. they bring the full package, special teams, passing, rushing, all starting with big o-line/d-line. all of the games leading up to district play are scrimmage games for lc, installing different offensive and defensive personnel and sets to see what works best. they stepped out of their comfort zone against a very good 5a team in montgomery county and held their own. no way jc risks losing to a 3a team before they play ashland.

What are you talking about with "no way jc risks losing to a 3a team before they play Ashland"? JC just played Lexington C. at their place and had a game schedule with O. Smith out of M. Beach SC. JC will play just about anyone home and away. My questing is why do you think a team with the tradition of Lexington C. would agree to a home and away with JC when they can get a game with just about anyone in Central KY which would be much less travel? The reason is because Lexington C wants to see a similar offense and style of play of Belfry for the playoff.
Seems to me Russell and LC truly believe they had a fighting chance against Belfry they would take the approach. Instead LC schedule Powell County. Come on that is a joke.

The following statement by you maybe the dumbest statement every made on Bluegrass Rivals “hopefully high school football games are not about gate, concessions, etc.” What high school sports program do you think the bills for you school? Based on you above statement I feel the need to give you a hint. It’s played on Friday Nights. Most likely football is the biggest money maker for your school and pays the bills for many of the other smaller sports. That is why the extra 10,000 dollars is important. I think what you were trying to say is the money should not be the only factor and I agree with youth on that.

Back to the GC vs LC game. Again I think LC wins by 2 or 3 TD but only if they make big plays in their passing game. LC will find it difficult to run on GC and it could be a very good game if LC does not move the ball though the air.