Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 9/18
Do-double-gg Wrote:That sucks I was hoping Timmy would be back. I have seen Keesee out run his blocking a few times also lol. That kid is always in a big hurry to get somewhere lol.

That is what timmy told me friday. Don't think keesee has been practicing as much letting that ankle heal
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Should be a #2. in there or have I been watching a ghost, if so he is a good one. Hope he stays.

He real I put as a back because I think from here on he will be used as rb on off def he been beast all 12 players can run the ball or play at a receiver position the coach spread the ball around Friday night
Lawrence County - 36

Greenup County - 21
My, apologies please, you are correct. Sometimes you have to look over us old fans. Again my apologies to 87.
LC by 2 touchdowns
Do-double-gg Wrote:Believe what you want but, I ain't seen a defense that can cover even one Dalton and that includes Belfry who couldn't contain Timmy Dalton in either game last season and that is as good of a defense as you will find in this area.
If you are trying to judge what the Bulldogs have by watching Montgomery play you will be shocked after Friday night.

I believe Timmy is not playing on Friday night according to this thread. Greenup County can cover one of the Daltons.

Montgomery defeated Lawrence County by double digits, regardless of whom was on the field for the Bulldogs. Montgomery kept a Collins team to 7 points on a botched defensive coverage. Collins scored 55 and 44 points in their next two games.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I still think your selling both Montgomery and GRC a little short. Montgomery has a very good defense and if they get that offense clicking they will be tough. Yes GRC is 0-3 but look who they have played to this point and then look at the scores of those games. They played a pretty stout Anderson County team to the wire 26-27 and they had a pretty respectable game against Henry Clay. That Montgomery defense has given up a total of 39 points in 4 games to some teams with some very good speedy athletes. They held Collins to 7 points who has fast athletic kids everywhere held us to 14 held Harrison County to 6 and held GRC who has some athletes of their own to 12. Like I said Lawrence County is good enough to beat Montgomery but a lot of circumstances came into play for us to lose that game like a few lucky bombs down the field and some injuries. I guess we will know a lot more about what the Bulldogs have after Friday night, but I think some people are going to be shocked. It is crow season after all lol.
Confusedhh:

You are preaching to the choir. You must have directed this towards another poster as I believe that Montgomery County and GRC both have outstanding defenses.

You are incorrect about the GRC/Henry Clay game, however. GRC was down 28-0 at the half. GRC made it respectable in the 2nd half by taking the opening 2nd half drive down for a score.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Looking at Greenups games to this point, they have no wins on any quality opponents.
Beat 3A Lweis County 35-0 0-3 Very bad and lost all three to bad teams.

Beat 3A Fleming County 25-8 2-2 Very average and played no one to this point.

Lost to 3A Russell 13-19 who has a pretty good defense but are struggling on offense and got smacked by Ashland.

Lost to 1A Raceland 12-6 who just like Russell have a pretty good defense but struggling offensively at times.

Lawrence games to this point.

Beat 4A Boyd County 42-22 like Greenup much improved but Boyd has a better offense IMO 2-1 Greenup and Boyd play and I think that will be a good game.

Beat 1A Fairview 40-14 Fairview 2-2 has a very potent offense with a lot of speed yet this Lawrence varsity defense shut em out and ran the ball at will. They just lost a heart breaker to Maderia OH who I know nothing about. This same Fairview team smacked a Hazard team on both sides of the ball who just beat Somerset.

Beat 3A Powell 37-0 Just like Lewis is very bad. Coach could have named the score in this game but he was trying new things and getting a few new people adjusted to the system and he is not one of those coaches who concerns himself with the score as long as he gets that W. He has had a bunch of chances to run the score up but wont.

Lost to 5A Montgomery 28-14 3-1 who is much improved but everyone is judging way to much from last season. They ain't no great 5A team but they ain't bad either and I can promise you they have a better defense then Greenup, bigger,faster and more depth. The score of this game was deceiving and we were good enough to win it.

Throw all of that in a pot and mix it up and what do you come out with? I think Greenups strong point is the defense but they have yet to go up against a really good offense. They seem to struggle scoring points with their offense. They can get some stops but they will not shut this bulldog offense down.

Lawrence countys strong point is their offense. This offense is loaded with speed and talent at just about every position. The Lawrence County defense is getting better every game and they are pretty good at stopping the run or pass. We pretty much shut down a very good QB receiver combination in Fairview with Alex Roy and Antwan Washington. If Greenup can't score and score quick they will not be able to keep up with the Bulldogs on the scoreboard. Their defense will be tested all over the field in this game. That is my breakdown of this game and I will post some more later on in the week.

I have seen both Greenup County and Montgomery County play live this season.

Their defenses are equal to each other.
I talk to and watch this LC team for a long time we add a lot to it lately I think the coaches have figured out they can spread it out to the players and on the field If you double one they are going to someone else the dalton are dangerous but sole are all 10 of the other guy any one beat you one on one or in the open field . Now I'm not over looking anyone but are player and coaches learn a lot about themselves and each other In the game with Montgomery co play them again we beat them hands down lol
LCDOG 87 Wrote:I talk to and watch this LC team for a long time we add a lot to it lately I think the coaches have figured out they can spread it out to the players and on the field If you double one they are going to someone else the dalton are dangerous but sole are all 10 of the other guy any one beat you one on one or in the open field . Now I'm not over looking anyone but are player and coaches learn a lot about themselves and each other In the game with Montgomery co play them again we beat them hands down lol

I disagree.
This is what I'm get at to by hand down are def is and has got better each week #32 fr. #6 so.#14 so. Getting better coaches working hard on more players plus #1 and#17 and #3 we are not the same team at all grc is going to be a exciting game
Fly By Night Wrote:I believe Timmy is not playing on Friday night according to this thread. Greenup County can cover one of the Daltons.

Montgomery defeated Lawrence County by double digits, regardless of whom was on the field for the Bulldogs. Montgomery kept a Collins team to 7 points on a botched defensive coverage. Collins scored 55 and 44 points in their next two games.

I promise you they have no one who can run with Robert Dalton the fastest of the two brothers. I don't know any of the kids on the Greenup team and I'm still very confident in saying that. This kid has next level speed and if you go to this game you will see it.
Fly By Night Wrote:I believe Timmy is not playing on Friday night according to this thread. Greenup County can cover one of the Daltons.

I think you just proved my point on how good the Montgomery defense is yet we ran the ball on that same defense at will. We had the ball in the red zone several times but shot ourselves in the foot a few times. We have a very big strong Oline and no team this season has been able to stop our run. The thing that makes this offense so dangerous is we can drive the ball down your throat for 50 yards and then at any time throw a bomb for a 50 yard pass to our receivers. Like I said you are trying to judge a team you never seen play by watching another team we lost against play. The problem is you didn't see our game against Montgomery and how our offensive line was handling that defense especially with the run.
LCDOG 87 Wrote:This is what I'm get at to by hand down are def is and has got better each week #32 fr. #6 so.#14 so. Getting better coaches working hard on more players plus #1 and#17 and #3 we are not the same team at all grc is going to be a exciting game

GRC is George Rogers Clark

GC is Greenup County
Do-double-gg Wrote:I promise you they have no one who can run with Robert Dalton the fastest of the two brothers. I don't know any of the kids on the Greenup team and I'm still very confident in saying that. This kid has next level speed and if you go to this game you will see it.

I have watched both Dalton's play for years.

I know their speed. I know what Greenup County needs to do to win the game.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think you just proved my point on how good the Montgomery defense is yet we ran the ball on that same defense at will. We had the ball in the red zone several times but shot ourselves in the foot a few times. We have a very big strong Oline and no team this season has been able to stop our run. The thing that makes this offense so dangerous is we can drive the ball down your throat for 50 yards and then at any time throw a bomb for a 50 yard pass to our receivers. Like I said you are trying to judge a team you never seen play by watching another team we lost against play. The problem is you didn't see our game against Montgomery and how our offensive line was handling that defense especially with the run.

That's great.

If you only score 14 points against Greenup County then it should be a very good game for Greenup County.
Fly By Night Wrote:I have seen both Greenup County and Montgomery County play live this season.

In no way is the Greenup defense as good as Montgomery. Montgomery has a huge defense yet they still have speed and some of those big guys were even fast. They also have a very very good group of linebackers one of witch is all state or something like that.
Fly By Night Wrote:That's great.

If you only score 14 points against Greenup County then it should be a very good game for Greenup County.

Yes but the Greenup offense still needs to score on our defense also. Ill take a 14-0 win.
:biggrin:
Fly By Night Wrote:That's great.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that your a Raceland fan. Just because that defense looked good against the Raceland offense that lost a lot of it's firepower from last season don't mean it will look anywhere as good against ours. Different teams, different game and different matchups. Lawrence County didn't lose any of it's offensive weapons from last season........actually we gained a few and our line is much better. I hope you come on the final score thread Friday night and get your crow, I'll be serving it up hot and ready lol.
:eyeroll:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that your a Raceland fan. Just because that defense looked good against the Raceland offense that lost a lot of it's firepower from last season don't mean it will look anywhere as good against ours. Different teams, different game and different matchups. Lawrence County didn't lose any of it's offensive weapons from last season........actually we gained a few and our line is much better. I hope you come on the final score thread Friday night and get your crow, I'll be serving it up hot and ready lol.
:eyeroll:

Here are the football games that I have watched either live or online this season. Let's see if you can figure out if I am a Raceland fan or not.

Lewis County @ Greenup County
Valley @ Portsmouth
Anderson County @ GRC
West Carter @ Raceland
GRC @ Henry Clay
Greenup County @ Russell
GRC @ Montgomery County
Fly By Night Wrote:I have seen both Greenup County and Montgomery County play live this season.

LMFAO How can you say that with a strait face and look at the teams Greenup has played and then look at the teams Montgomery has played at the same time. This Greenup defense has not been fully tested.

Lewis County
Russell
Fleming County
Raceland

That is the 4 teams their defense has seen to this point. You name me the high powered well balanced offense of the bunch that this Greenup defense has seen. Lewis County is god awful, Fleming is average, Russell and Raceland both are having problems with balance because I've read all about it on the threads. Name me a team of those 4 that have the athletes that the Montgomery defense has seen. "I'll wait"
:yawn::popcorn:
This team is all in together not one of the guy jealous their Oline talks and work together the center leads them together 4 sr 2 younger the 4 sr are helping them come along last year they had a bad apple the rb and wr are not jealous of the other these guy hangout together off the field this is not the same def 3 more players younger guys getting more playing time you can see them getting better
Do-double-gg Wrote:LMFAO How can you say that with a strait face and look at the teams Greenup has played and then look at the teams Montgomery has played at the same time. This Greenup defense has not been fully tested.

Lewis County
Russell
Fleming County
Raceland

That is the 4 teams their defense has seen to this point. You name me the high powered well balanced offense of the bunch that this Greenup defense has seen. Lewis County is god awful, Fleming is average, Russell and Raceland both are having problems with balance because I've read all about it on the threads. Name me a team of those 4 that have the athletes that the Montgomery defense has seen. "I'll wait"
:yawn::popcorn:

I will take the high road here.

Montgomery has some good athletes such as Walker and Parsley.

Given the wins over Boyd County, Fairview, and Powell County, I will say that Walker and Parsley are two of the better athletes that Lawrence County have faced in 2015.

Greenup County would match up well with Montgomery County. Before you and I get into an off-topic discussion, I know the athletes at Greenup County and Montgomery County quite well as I have watched them grow up over the past 6 to 7 years.

Stop it with the crow talk. You are better than that.
Montgomery

Collins
Lawrence County
Harrison County
George Rogers Clark

Don't forget we scored the most points on this defense of the 4 and I'm pretty sure we had the most rushing yards also. A big chunk of the points Montgomery scored on the bulldogs was from a few deep passing plays and I doubt Greenup has a QB or receivers anything close to what Montgomery has. I think we figured out our passing defense problems though because we shut down Alex Roy and Antwan Washington from Fairview and I know Greenup don't have anything close to a combo like that. Those two are a few of the best athletes in the area.
:popcorn:
Fly By Night Wrote:I will take the high road here.

Montgomery has some good athletes such asWalker and Parsley.

Given the wins over Boyd County, Fairview, and Powell County, I will say that Walker and Parsley are two of the better athletes that Lawrence County have faced in 2015.

Greenup County would match up well with Montgomery County. Before you and I get into an off-topic discussion, I know the athletes at Greenup County and Montgomery County quite well as I have watched them grow up over the past 6 to 7 years.

Says who?

Just some friendly banter about a football game. Don't get all bent out of shape. You done went and guaranteed a Greenup win so I would be afraid of eating crow talk also.
Confusednicker:

Actually no. The best athletes this defense has seen hands down was on the Fairview team. The QB for Boyd County is pretty good at running and the linebacker for Montgomery was probably the best athlete they had if you ask me. Mason Gooch I think was his name.
Fly By Night Wrote:Greenup County has enough speed to cover one of the Dalton's.

Greenup County will win this game at Lloyd.

I'm saving this for the Friday night score thread!
Confusednicker:
Do-double-gg Wrote:Just some friendly banter about a football game. Don't get all bent out of shape. You done went and guaranteed a Greenup win so I would be afraid of eating crow talk also.
Confusednicker:

There is a difference between making a prediction and guaranteeing one by bantering about like a rooster.

I made a prediction. That's it.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Actually no. The best athletes this defense has seen hands down was on the Fairview team. The QB for Boyd County is pretty good at running and the linebacker for Montgomery was probably the best athlete they had if you ask me. Mason Gooch I think was his name.

We were discussing offensive players versus Montgomery County's defense. Mason Gooch would not qualify.

The proof that Montgomery County was the only team to defeat Lawrence County says a lot about its offensive ability.