• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 28 Newport Central Catholic 10
Final

This was definitely a tale of two halves

Next Up: Pikeville at Belfry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pretty classless behavior from a number of NCC players
Coaches included from ncc
And I saw some pretty classless players from Belfry too.. And just what did the coaches from NCC do for you to call them classless? I saw them containing their players and saw then try to call down a volatile situation created by the horrible referees. They let that game get out of hand!!
I thought Belfry would blow NCC out.
Congrats to Belfry
Jack Lambert Wrote:I thought Belfry would blow NCC out.

They did the second half... 22 total yards for NCC and ZERO first downs after the break....Belfry dominant on both sides of the ball.
Both teams were a little chippy and it was never out of hand. NCC had as good of a game plan as anybody has against Belfry at the CAM in a long time. They will be a tough out come playoff time, but Belfry up front dominated and wore them out the second half. Great game. Don't spoil it just because some kids played till the whistle and some others didn't like it.
bucslover68 Wrote:Both teams were a little chippy and it was never out of hand. NCC had as good of a game plan as anybody has against Belfry at the CAM in a long time. They will be a tough out come playoff time, but Belfry up front dominated and wore them out the second half. Great game. Don't spoil it just because some kids played till the whistle and some others didn't like it.

In not spoiling anything. I congratulate Belfry on the win. There were many kids playing long after the whistle. This game defiantly was getting out of hand. Referees let too much stuff go and it was showing towards the end of the game. Not saying the refs caused NCC to lose the game. When refs let things go like they did, it's gonna cause problems. If you didn't see that, then I'm not sure what game you were watching.
Was at this game. Belfry had trouble moving the ball in the first half but of course Haywood fixed all that and a dominate second half by Belfry was nothing but expected. Belfry was without their best Rb and Qb tonight if I'm not mistaken. NCC is a good football program and is a good team. This is an impressive win for Belfry. You just beat the 2A state runner
Ups from last year and will be this year. Good win. Ohh and I don't think Pond Creek Nation has to worry about the killer Corbin red hounds after what Danville done to them tonight lol
Onespiritedfan Wrote:In not spoiling anything. I congratulate Belfry on the win. There were many kids playing long after the whistle. This game defiantly was getting out of hand. Referees let too much stuff go and it was showing towards the end of the game. Not saying the refs caused NCC to lose the game. When refs let things go like they did, it's gonna cause problems. If you didn't see that, then I'm not sure what game you were watching.
I total agree that the refs let the game get out of hand , but I did not see Belfry players pushing coaches and other players on NCC sidelines. Because it simple did not happen. What happened on the field is that both teams played till the whistle blew and then every so often a little more, but when NCC started getting handled they got a little out of hand on the Belfry sideline. I was right there, no more than 20 feet from me. NCC has an awesome well coaches football team that I feel let some anger of defeat get to them. Nothing more nothing less, wish them the best of luck all the way through. But I do blame the officials for not taking control of game. #10 from NCC pushed several players and a coach and it was not handled they let them play on.
I'm surprised NCC didn't cancel. Belfry should be commended for winning big, I would have loved to see 48-10 though.
Belfry could have IMO easily scored again on them, so don't let the score fool ya. I'm not taking anything away from NCC because they have a great ball team and kept it a ball game, but it was all Belfry the second half.
This was as expected.
Def a good game. Belfry started slow and NCC came in with the plan to beat belfry. And it was working the first half. Then half time came and in typical Haywood form, he made the necessary adjustment and the bigs up front wore NCC down in the 2nd half and belfry dominated. Horton and Bentley was wreaking havoc all night long. Horton was held many times and double teamed most of the night and he still found a way to disrupt NCC's offensive flow. Now let's get ready for Pikeville. Good game belfry. Go pirates!!!!
NCC fans are crying a river on the other site. Take the loss like men if you ask me. Instead it seems they want to cry about a fan shouting, someone throwing something on the field, blah blah blah.

Odd you don't hear similar reports from other teams that come to Belfry to play. 😗
BTW NewCath folks. Belfry returns 20 of the 22 kids who started last night next season.
^ 19 actually. Sorry
Gator95 Wrote:Was at this game. Belfry had trouble moving the ball in the first half but of course Haywood fixed all that and a dominate second half by Belfry was nothing but expected. Belfry was without their best Rb and Qb tonight if I'm not mistaken. NCC is a good football program and is a good team. This is an impressive win for Belfry. You just beat the 2A state runner
Ups from last year and will be this year. Good win. Ohh and I don't think Pond Creek Nation has to worry about the killer Corbin red hounds after what Danville done to them tonight lol
Coach Haywood and his staff are the best at adjusting and finding a way to win. NCC was just worn out in the second half. They play a lot of kids both ways. Particularly the Lineman. That's Belfrys strong point. Our lineman play one way with the exeption of a couple. And I will worry about Corbin. Because last year a little school beat us that really turned our season around. Sometimes you just have a bad game.
PaytoPlay Wrote:NCC fans are crying a river on the other site. Take the loss like men if you ask me. Instead it seems they want to cry about a fan shouting, someone throwing something on the field, blah blah blah.

Odd you don't hear similar reports from other teams that come to Belfry to play. ��

I went over there and read what was said. They really need to get stories straight, like saying Belfry fans bad mouthing them as they went into locker room. Hogwash...I was right there with very few adults, there where only little kids that play in the grass in the end zone. No one was bad mouthing them. As far as them saying a Belfry fan threw something on the field is bull also, what was thrown was a mouthpiece by a newcath player. After the play where newcath took a big loss of yards a newcath player picked up a blue mouthpiece and threw it into the stands. Again, I was right there watching. Sore losers.
As for the other site and all there members, ours included, they can suck it. Every time I read over there our fans try to be best friends and make excuses themselves. Like my daughter said that lives up there,, they just think we are a bunch of toothless hillbillies and are better than us. Even here we try to be nice and explain things but we are allowed to say screw em to whin somewhere else.
Belfry will get dogsnotted by Pikeville again. Sorry got to troll, and amuse myself to keep from crying over my team getting beat down last night.
My mind scares me sometimes....I was just postulating some theories and got to wondering what would happen if one of the Belfry players got frustrated, threw his mouthpiece and pushed Coach Haywood???
Granny Bear Wrote:My mind scares me sometimes....I was just postulating some theories and got to wondering what would happen if one of the Belfry players got frustrated, threw his mouthpiece and pushed Coach Haywood???

I think the entire home section for Belfry would clear and that kid would probably need to relocate lol!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:My mind scares me sometimes....I was just postulating some theories and got to wondering what would happen if one of the Belfry players got frustrated, threw his mouthpiece and pushed Coach Haywood???

I honestly believe it was one of Belfrys players mouthpiece that was thrown there was some hard hits and I think, not sure it came from a Belfry player. And coach Hawood would have put him on the bench. What I say is the truth. I didn't get there till right before half-time and was standing at the gate watching newcath to to the locker room. And I was sitting behind the team when most of the pushing was going on. Bentley blocked his man well into the sideline, which could have been flagged, but the whitle never blew, then the newcath player got up and shoved him and #10 started pushing and shoving including a coach. The coach just grabbed him and tried to get him back on field away from sideline all this right in front of 3 officials. And they looked like a bunch of lost kittens. Then the newcath coach called time out to bitch at the ref.that bout sums it up. Next play or two shoving again and no flag and another time out. I watched our coaches push our players back and tell them to calm down. That's bout it. The refs should have taken control of the game, both teams played till whistle blew and then a little. All this started when newcath was getting handled fairly easily in second half.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I thought Belfry would blow NCC out.

Don't worry jack Boyle County will manhandle the Pirates.
Crossbones Wrote:I honestly believe it was one of Belfrys players mouthpiece that was thrown there was some hard hits and I think, not sure it came from a Belfry player. And coach Hawood would have put him on the bench. What I say is the truth. I didn't get there till right before half-time and was standing at the gate watching newcath to to the locker room. And I was sitting behind the team when most of the pushing was going on. Bentley blocked his man well into the sideline, which could have been flagged, but the whitle never blew, then the newcath player got up and shoved him and #10 started pushing and shoving including a coach. The coach just grabbed him and tried to get him back on field away from sideline all this right in front of 3 officials. And they looked like a bunch of lost kittens. Then the newcath coach called time out to bitch at the ref.that bout sums it up. Next play or two shoving again and no flag and another time out. I watched our coaches push our players back and tell them to calm down. That's bout it. The refs should have taken control of the game, both teams played till whistle blew and then a little. All this started when newcath was getting handled fairly easily in second half.

I firmly believe that an officiating crew can direct the tone of the game. I hate it when they don't control the players, too because that can absolutely lead to injuries and emotional outbursts that have no place in a high school environment

I saw the film of the pancake block out of bounds. That entire issue should've been addressed by the officials.

The best crew should keep control of the game, without anybody even noticing. No one is there to watch the zebras, so they need to keep a low profile and do their job.

JMO
killbilly usmc Wrote:Don't worry jack Boyle County will manhandle the Pirates.

Very possibly, the same way Desales will manhandle that cupcake team out west...what's there name ? Oh yea, Mayfield.
Granny Bear Wrote:I firmly believe that an officiating crew can direct the tone of the game. I hate it when they don't control the players, too because that can absolutely lead to injuries and emotional outbursts that have no place in a high school environment

I saw the film of the pancake block out of bounds. That entire issue should've been addressed by the officials.

The best crew should keep control of the game, without anybody even noticing. No one is there to watch the zebras, so they need to keep a low profile and do their job.

JMO

Yes there is a video of the block , but the video so happens stops there. It should have finished playing on out to show the shoving and pushing.
The play in my mind that sticks out is late in the game after the initial blow up on the sidelines, a player from NCC who I will not mention by number as soon as the ball is snapped runs from his position on the right side of the ball directly to the sidelines not making any attempt at the play on the field and just starts shoving and acting like a petulant child. The rest of the incidents are in the heat of the moment and could be excused or understood but that sticks out to me as poor behavior and is a direct reflection of coaching and discipline or a lack thereof.