•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 23 Pikeville 22 (OT)
Kash Daniel is even better than I thought. He was and Paintsville as a team are better than I thought as well. Congrats to the Tigers. I can't wait for the rematch.

wooderson Wrote:Oh my this is too too funny. I'm here because I love a good meltdown and when the reincarnation of the '87 panthers lose I knew you would be throwing excuses around and not giving the winning team credit. And Yep I was right. Lol. Keep living in the 80s JP, another year and another disappointment. Without a doubt Pikeville is very similar to the Indiana Hoosiers, the most obnoxious fans on the planet and haven't been relevant since the 1980s!!!! And that invitation to PM is still there but I'm sure you don't have time while you're on suicide watch sitting there watching highlight videos of the late 80s. Hillard Howard isn't walking through that door. Youre stuck with a has been program and a coach that has NEVER won a big game in the playoffs or a game with playoff implications. Gotta get off here, it's been fun. Keep stewing JP, hell it can't be any worse than the last 26 years of non relevance. Got a date with the cousin, frog gigging, natural light and a nice wife beater and it's all good. Hahaha.

In 2011 they actually came back from a 18-0 deficit at Fairview to win the regional title
E's Army Wrote:Are you sandbagging Scotty?

I wish. Still not sure where we stand. We got off to a good start against East Carter, but the game got resched for Saturday. Only had hit and miss radio stream but, our offense seemed to be doing whatever we wanted and it sounded like the defense was completely shutting down the Raider offense. Hoping this is a game that puts us back on track.
jetpilot Wrote:What? He scored a TD with ease in the OT...

He did JP , off tackle. He just couldn't run with the track time speed on the edge. Hail Paintsville !
You know if Pugh was banged up it might be because he was getting hit by a physical team all night. Bad snaps may have something to do with the center having to fight a good NG all night. This was a great game by two good teams, both side made mistakes and limped players ( or lost phelps) game could have went to either team. In games like this sometimes it comes down to a few breaks or a few big plays. Tonight the tigers got the breaks and willed themselves to a win. Pikeville gave nothing to those boys in blue they earned every yard, point, and defensive stop they got. IMO
Big win for the Tigers. Paintsville is full of big wins tonight.
TigerBlues Wrote:He did JP , off tackle. He just couldn't run with the track time speed on the edge. Hail Paintsville !

He ran anywhere he wanted to.
Last year it was no fluke when Paintsville beat Pikeville. Pikeville seems to keep getting billed as head, and shoulders the best 1a team in the east. They are not, and even Ray Charles can see that after tonight.
jetpilot Wrote:He ran anywhere he wanted to.

Whatever you say I'll go with it. Paintsville isn't Letcher or Pburg and no disrespect to either program.
By the way, great win Paintsville Tigers ! Really proud to see them back and hopefully go to state !
wooderson Wrote:Oh my this is too too funny. I'm here because I love a good meltdown and when the reincarnation of the '87 panthers lose I knew you would be throwing excuses around and not giving the winning team credit. And Yep I was right. Lol. Keep living in the 80s JP, another year and another disappointment. Without a doubt Pikeville is very similar to the Indiana Hoosiers, the most obnoxious fans on the planet and haven't been relevant since the 1980s!!!! And that invitation to PM is still there but I'm sure you don't have time while you're on suicide watch sitting there watching highlight videos of the late 80s. Hillard Howard isn't walking through that door. Youre stuck with a has been program and a coach that has NEVER won a big game in the playoffs or a game with playoff implications. Gotta get off here, it's been fun. Keep stewing JP, hell it can't be any worse than the last 26 years of non relevance. Got a date with the cousin, frog gigging, natural light and a nice wife beater and it's all good. Hahaha.

Easy on the frog giggin comment. 1 of my favorite things to do.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Easy on the frog giggin comment. 1 of my favorite things to do.

Big time deal in EKY KIllbilly the giggin ! Scout snipers love it ! Hoo raaa!
BlueCrew34 Wrote:You know if Pugh was banged up it might be because he was getting hit by a physical team all night. Bad snaps may have something to do with the center having to fight a good NG all night. This was a great game by two good teams, both side made mistakes and limped players ( or lost phelps) game could have went to either team. In games like this sometimes it comes down to a few breaks or a few big plays. Tonight the tigers got the breaks and willed themselves to a win. Pikeville gave nothing to those boys in blue they earned every yard, point, and defensive stop they got. IMO

The shot he took on the edge did him in. He wanted nothing to do with it after that and that's a fact everyone saw it. He's a good player though
TigerBlues Wrote:The shot he took on the edge did him in. He wanted nothing to do with it after that and that's a fact everyone saw it. He's a good player though

That's just dumb. Scored the TD in overtime and all Paintsville's players, 2 coaches, a cheerleader and the PA guy had his cleat marks on them.
Well by Goodness, I guess he got banged up in practice by the world beating Pikeville D
jetpilot Wrote:That's just dumb. Scored the TD in overtime and all Paintsville's players, 2 coaches, a cheerleader and the PA guy had his cleat marks on them.

Off tackle from the one yd line ? You gonna say that ? Hell me and you could have scored from there , just saying he's never been hitthat hard all night that's all but I'll go with you what you're saying JP. Hopefully PT will
Have them highlights up soon .
It's scary how much this game reminded me of the Shelby Valley vs Prestonsburg Region Championship last year.
TigerBlues Wrote:Off tackle from the one yd line ? You gonna say that ? Hell me and you could have scored from there , just saying he's never been hitthat hard all night that's all but I'll go with you what you're saying JP. Hopefully PT will
Have them highlights up soon .

He ran it down to the one!!! Paintsville couldn't keep him out of the end zone. Heck, you're acting like Paintsville was the only team hitting hard lol...
Where did I miss they couldn't keep him out the end zone ? Paintsville 23-22 OT win ! Without theiir only RB ! When will that video be posted ?
BlueCrew34 Wrote:Well by Goodness, I guess he got banged up in practice by the world beating Pikeville D
Confusednicker:
Keep it going guys! I love football season on BGR!
:popcorn:
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:Kash might have made the winning play and got so many yards or touchdowns but Pikeville D exposed him. He's no 4-star and definately not a D1 player

I guess you know better than all these College Coaches like Steve Spurrier that offered him a scholarship and have won National Championships and have coached numerous pro players. They need you at Alabama.
wooderson Wrote:My god it must suck when it's been soooooo long since your program has been relevant on the state level. 1989 was such a long time ago. Lol. And then as soon as you think you've turned the corner and things are turning around here comes Paintsville to spoil last year and without a doubt will spoil this year. I understand your hostility, if I was in your position Id be upset too. Hahaha. The only difference is I would take it to PM and find out just how tough of a guy I was. But you are from the city and we all know pussys grow on trees over that way.

:yikes:
Great to see Tiger program back and have to say great job by coach-C for bringing them to this point.

Earlier post said Kash was like a mini Tebow but last two runs in the OT looked to me as
giant-Tebow runs nothing but determination.

Pugh is the real deal also and look forward seeing these two match-up November.
Keeping up with this game as I was driving home last night. Wow!!

Congratulations to Paintsville on their victory. Sounded to me like they just flat out refused to lose. Took a ton of guts to call that two point conversion and Kash just would NOT be denied. LOVE it when a coach has the faith in his team to make that kind of call.

Pikeville played a great game as well. After all, it was TIED at the end of regulation, so they played Paintsville blow to blow until the very end.

Sounded like a great great game!!!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I wish. Still not sure where we stand. We got off to a good start against East Carter, but the game got resched for Saturday. Only had hit and miss radio stream but, our offense seemed to be doing whatever we wanted and it sounded like the defense was completely shutting down the Raider offense. Hoping this is a game that puts us back on track.

Already had 74 yards of total offense and a rushing score and was getting ready to score again when lightning stopped the game.
1.) Kash Daniel is a beast!! whoever said he is not a division 1 player was not watching the same game as I was... he single handedly beat Pikeville after the other kid went out with an injury. I can't wait to watch him in a UK uniform!.

2.) Pikeville was not quite as good as I expected and Paintsville was much better than I anticipated all around... having said that the teams looked as about as evenly matched as two teams can look.

3.) Pikeville had the game wrapped up and simply choked... kudos to the Tigers for battling back

4.) Both teams demonstrated great sportsmanship throughout the entire game and I have a feeling that we will be seeing these two teams play in several months to see who gets to finish as runner-up to Beechwood
Very physical game played with a lot of sportsmanship and positive enthusiasm by both. Every kid on both teams, particularly the ball carriers, took a pounding on every snap. Lots of guts and integrity on display to represent our National Guard on that field. Very fitting. Proud to have been a part of it.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I wish. Still not sure where we stand. We got off to a good start against East Carter, but the game got resched for Saturday. Only had hit and miss radio stream but, our offense seemed to be doing whatever we wanted and it sounded like the defense was completely shutting down the Raider offense. Hoping this is a game that puts us back on track.
you should have had a running clock before the game started, spotted them 28 points and put the rams on the field at the start of the 4th quarter against east carter and you would win by 20.
Great, hard fought game by both teams. The best thing about it, IMO: The sportsmanship and respect that both teams showed toward one another. Helping each other up from the ground, helmet slaps etc.. It's nice to see that, cause you don't see it often these days, especially in rivalry games. Hats off to the players and the coaching staffs. Class acts.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Last year it was no fluke when Paintsville beat Pikeville. Pikeville seems to keep getting billed as head, and shoulders the best 1a team in the east. They are not, and even Ray Charles can see that after tonight.

Pikeville will represent the east in Bowling Green.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next