•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 23 Pikeville 22 (OT)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Paintsville turned it over on downs inside the Pikeville 25.

Brotha... your selective memory is off tonight.

I didn't see Paintsville "willing" itself a win...sorry...
Here are the facts as I see them.
Daric Pugh is legendary in Pikeville football. His name will come up for years and years to come. He is a class act. Role model, the kinda guy who makes sure to take the time to give a hi-five to all his little fans who look up to him and wait for his fist pump like he's a rock star. He's the all american, lovable, well spoken, heart of a champion that most of us only wish we could be. Unfortunately, this champion played hurt tonight. He was by no means 100%. Tough loss, absolutely. Great football, absolutely. Kudos to paintsville for pulling out this victory. Pikeville had no passing game tonight. That's a given. Young QB who fumbled the ball twice, given. Flags thrown one way and not to use it as an excuse, just a fact and fact is those flags set us back and changed momentum. Instead of fighting back, we made more mistakes. The 4th and 1 stop by Paintsville's defense, the 3 fumbles that Pikeville had tonight, Daric Pugh's helmet coming off twice and paintsville being able to monopolize on his time off the field was brilliant by their coaching staff. No excuses other than this....we are good, yes. However, we have some adjustments to make to get our qb ready for more football, to get 45 well, to get our passing game back....to not make simple mistakes. So hopefully, with a lot of hard work, we can meet this team again and maybe have a different outcome. Great game on both sides of the ball. Kash Daniels is a leader. Plain and simple. He did will his team to this victory. However, EKU alum dude...quit trying to sell us on the fact that paintsville's D was all that. They monopolized on errors we ourselves made....i hardly call that a powerhouse defense. just rubs me the wrong way. Congrats to Paintsville. Great game!!!
jetpilot Wrote:It must suck to not be able to spell, live in Delbarton and hang out on Class A threads. If we are not relevant why is your dumb a$$ trolling on this thread within 30 seconds of the game being over?:please:

Oh my this is too too funny. I'm here because I love a good meltdown and when the reincarnation of the '87 panthers lose I knew you would be throwing excuses around and not giving the winning team credit. And Yep I was right. Lol. Keep living in the 80s JP, another year and another disappointment. Without a doubt Pikeville is very similar to the Indiana Hoosiers, the most obnoxious fans on the planet and haven't been relevant since the 1980s!!!! And that invitation to PM is still there but I'm sure you don't have time while you're on suicide watch sitting there watching highlight videos of the late 80s. Hillard Howard isn't walking through that door. Youre stuck with a has been program and a coach that has NEVER won a big game in the playoffs or a game with playoff implications. Gotta get off here, it's been fun. Keep stewing JP, hell it can't be any worse than the last 26 years of non relevance. Got a date with the cousin, frog gigging, natural light and a nice wife beater and it's all good. Hahaha.
wooderson Wrote:Oh my this is too too funny. I'm here because I love a good meltdown and when the reincarnation of the '87 panthers lose I knew you would be throwing excuses around and not giving the winning team credit. And Yep I was right. Lol. Keep living in the 80s JP, another year and another disappointment. Without a doubt Pikeville is very similar to the Indiana Hoosiers, the most obnoxious fans on the planet and haven't been relevant since the 1980s!!!! And that invitation to PM is still there but I'm sure you don't have time while you're on suicide watch sitting there watching highlight videos of the late 80s. Hillard Howard isn't walking through that door. Youre stuck with a has been program and a coach that has NEVER won a big game in the playoffs or a game with playoff implications. Gotta get off here, it's been fun. Keep stewing JP, hell it can't be any worse than the last 26 years of non relevance. Got a date with the cousin, frog gigging, natural light and a nice wife beater and it's all good. Hahaha.

I'm sure you do.
jetpilot Wrote:I didn't see Paintsville "willing" itself a win...sorry...

Well they have a win on the scoreboard and did it after Pikeville seemingly had them exhausted and beat. They also did it without their very talented HB.

I thought it was a great game but Paintsville earned my respect watching them. Pikeville kept my respect.
jetpilot Wrote:It must suck to not be able to spell, live in Delbarton and hang out on Class A threads. If we are not relevant why is your dumb a$$ trolling on this thread within 30 seconds of the game being over?:please:

:yikes:
He must live in the suburbs JP. He definitely types with a Red Jacket accent. :goofy:
Bob Seger Wrote::yikes:
He must live in the suburbs JP. I'm detecting a Red Jacket accent in his typing.

:thatsfunn:notworthy
baseballorbust Wrote:Here are the facts as I see them.
Daric Pugh is legendary in Pikeville football. His name will come up for years and years to come. He is a class act. Role model, the kinda guy who makes sure to take the time to give a hi-five to all his little fans who look up to him and wait for his fist pump like he's a rock star. He's the all american, lovable, well spoken, heart of a champion that most of us only wish we could be. Unfortunately, this champion played hurt tonight. He was by no means 100%. Tough loss, absolutely. Great football, absolutely. Kudos to paintsville for pulling out this victory. Pikeville had no passing game tonight. That's a given. Young QB who fumbled the ball twice, given. Flags thrown one way and not to use it as an excuse, just a fact and fact is those flags set us back and changed momentum. Instead of fighting back, we made more mistakes. The 4th and 1 stop by Paintsville's defense, the 3 fumbles that Pikeville had tonight, Daric Pugh's helmet coming off twice and paintsville being able to monopolize on his time off the field was brilliant by their coaching staff. No excuses other than this....we are good, yes. However, we have some adjustments to make to get our qb ready for more football, to get 45 well, to get our passing game back....to not make simple mistakes. So hopefully, with a lot of hard work, we can meet this team again and maybe have a different outcome. Great game on both sides of the ball. Kash Daniels is a leader. Plain and simple. He did will his team to this victory. However, EKU alum dude...quit trying to sell us on the fact that paintsville's D was all that. They monopolized on errors we ourselves made....i hardly call that a powerhouse defense. just rubs me the wrong way. Congrats to Paintsville. Great game!!!

The hell are you rambling on about????

I never proclaimed them to be the Iron Curtain..just said they played well enough to win and got stops when jetpilot was insisting Pikeville ran the ball at will on them.

Read the thread again and stop trying to get all emotional for no reason.

I have no dog in this fight..in fact I was pulling for Pikeville. I am calling it exactly as I saw it with neither maroon or blue glasses on. I just simply thought Paintsville did a quality job of slowing the Panthers down enough to give them a chance and making plays when they had to have them.

I have tried to compliment Pikeville just as much.

Man you Pikeville fans sure are touchy tonight.
Watching this game(online), I learned two things, these two teams are extremely physical, these two teams like to ru. The football and IF you can have an answer to slowing down Kash or Slowing down Pugh, they can be beat. I dont think Pikeville used their passing game or Jarrell nearly enough. Both of these teams laid it all on the line and i think showed that they are definitely the 2 and 3 teams (now reversed) in 1A. After Fairviews dismantling at the hands of Lawrence County, I think it's back to the same 3 teams we have all been talking about in the offseason, just in a different order. Paintsville/Pikeville share the title of "favorite" in the east and Raceland floating somewhere behind them. Still not exactly sure how good my Rams are. In any event, this was one helluva ball game. Hate to see either team lose.
Haha. Night guys. Someone keep a check on JP. Maybe he'll give Paintsville some credit in the near future. Excuses, excuses, excuses...... Red Jacket is hopping tonight, no more time to make fun of poor Pikeville. Lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The hell are you rambling on about????

I never proclaimed them to be the Iron Curtain..just said they played well enough to win and got stops when jetpilot was insisting Pikeville ran the ball at will on them.

I have no dog in this fight..in fact I was pulling for Pikeville. I am calling it exactly as I saw it with neither maroon or blue glasses on. I just simply thought Paintsville did a quality job of slowing the Panthers down enough to give them a chance and making plays when they had to have them.

Confusednicker:
First things first....
INSTANT CLASSIC GAME! Two teams fighting hard, Playoff atmosphere, hard hitting game. Everything we love about High School Football was in this game.
The only thing I didn't like about it obviously was the final score. Hats off to Paintsville, they are good. Cash Daniel is a LEGIT D-1 talent. My Panthers had quite a few opportunities to salt this game away but didn't capitalize and Paintsville did. Plain and simple. Coach Mac and his staff will get them better from this and learn from it. I'd love to see a rematch for the right to go to Bowling Green in November.....
wooderson Wrote:Haha. Night guys. Someone keep a check on JP. Maybe he'll give Paintsville some credit in the near future. Excuses, excuses, excuses...... Red Jacket is hopping tonight, no more time to make fun of poor Pikeville. Lol

All in fun...losing sucks, especially when shooting yourself in the foot over and over...hope you put down a 12er of Natty and give those frogs hell...
Are you sandbagging Scotty?
jetpilot Wrote:All in fun...losing sucks, especially when shooting yourself in the foot over and over...hope you put down a 12er of Natty and give those frogs hell...

:lmao:

woodson you have to admit thats funny.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The hell are you rambling on about????

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I was very wrong about this one. Greatly underestimated Kash. I was right about Paintsville making Dials have a hard night but I didnt expect that many fumbles. Pikeville now has a mental hurdle to overcome. Cant wait to see these two play again. Kash looked like a mini tebow after phelps went out. One very tough kid. Really impressed me tonight. Pugh also had a great night. But this game went to Kash and he lived up to the hype
Two good teams played a great game. But as we saw last year these things can turn around in November.
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:Kash might have made the winning play and got so many yards or touchdowns but Pikeville D exposed him. He's no 4-star and definately not a D1 player

No need to bash a kid man. But if I'm not mistaking he is going to play defense at UK. So what if he was exposed for his offensive abilities!!!
when will phelps be back for them?
Hell of a game. Tip of the cap to Paintsville. They earned the win. Now, how about passing the hat so we can figure out why those helmets keep coming off in the piles? :eyeroll:
PHSForever Wrote:Hell of a game. Tip of the cap to Paintsville. They earned the win. Now, how about passing the hat so we can figure out why those helmets keep coming off in the piles? :eyeroll:

I think because Kash kept knocking them off ! Great game between two really good two 1A teams, congrats to Paintsville in a tough win. What a game that was !
PHSForever Wrote:Hell of a game. Tip of the cap to Paintsville. They earned the win. Now, how about passing the hat so we can figure out why those helmets keep coming off in the piles? :eyeroll:
HAHA Nice one...
Didn't know beer taste this good late at night. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Didn't know beer taste this good late at night. Confusednicker:

It does 64 especially after another win
Old fashioned slobber knocker. I'm not going to get on here and make excuses. BUT, I do have a question for those who were listening at home or watching. What was the penalty that resulted in Paintsville being able to kick off from the 45 of Pikeville after the TD that tied it? I didn't see the call on it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They did stop the run...several times. Let's not act like this was some offensive domination by Pikeville...Paintsville defense equated themselves very well and got stops.

Pikeville got nothing out of their passing game even with a limping Pugh. Last year's Pikeville team would have won this game with Charles and Estep helping soften that middle.

Seemed like he started that after getting hammered throughout the game. The shot he took on the stretch play was the end for the rest of the night but he stayed in and played so hats off to him
PHSForever Wrote:Old fashioned slobber knocker. I'm not going to get on here and make excuses. BUT, I do have a question for those who were listening at home or watching. What was the penalty that resulted in Paintsville being able to kick off from the 45 of Pikeville after the TD that tied it? I didn't see the call on it.

Same here. Was wondering the same thing since I didn't see the call either.
TigerBlues Wrote:Seemed like he started that after getting hammered throughout the game. The shot he took on the stretch play was the end for the rest of the night but he stayed in and played so hats off to him

What? He scored a TD with ease in the OT...
PHSForever Wrote:Old fashioned slobber knocker. I'm not going to get on here and make excuses. BUT, I do have a question for those who were listening at home or watching. What was the penalty that resulted in Paintsville being able to kick off from the 45 of Pikeville after the TD that tied it? I didn't see the call on it.

Personal Foul Facemask on the conversion

Pikeville player grabbed Daniel's facemask in the endzone and they assessed the penalty on the kickoff.

Not versed enough on the rulebook to know if that was correct or not as I thought it was during the play and not after it.

Speaking of facemask calls... the offensive facemask Pikeville had that negated a very good punt return and field position was a very bad decision by the Panther player.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next