•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 23 Pikeville 22 (OT)
killbilly usmc Wrote:This may drive me to drinking. The last 2 times Paintsville goes through them like fear through the French army we hear about it for months afterwards. Never seen a fanbase make so many excuses. Maybe they will win next time so we don't have to hear it again. I doubt Paintsville fans would rant this much. How would the Pikeville fans like it if Russellville fans said they where better in 87 only if all there players would have got to play on title game day. Bet they say it would have made no difference, but we get the constant excuses from them. Ill just troll Belfry threads cause this one is even to ridiculous for me.:flush:
How about this? We can't TOUCH Williamsburg fans for excuses. Not can we touch SOMe in your own fan base, who will take exception to anything at all that can be perceived as even SLIGHTLY bad about Mayfield, and will proceed to melt down a thread with a litany of pointless and mundane data that will somehow have very little to do with the original comment. And if you don't think some Paintsville fans wouldn't "rant" like this, go back and look at the thread where we literally handed them their ass on a silver platter 63-8 or whatever it was. A one point win doesn't even come close to having their asses handed to them. Just another example of a Mayfield fan believing what they say should be the Gospel truth as it pertains to football. Y'all need to worry more about getting to play DeSales than hanging out on 1A threads trying to reclaim what will soon be your past glory. Confusednicker:
Here you go Forever! Last year, year before or 35 years in the past don't mean shit!!!
BigMelon63 Wrote:Here you go Forever! Last year, year before or 35 years in the past don't mean shit!!!

Not to the people who lost all those games...:biggrin:
It may mean something to them but it don't mean nothing to those boys playing now. By the way I helped beat #1 in the state Pikeville in 1982 knocking them out of the playoffs. The game was in Pikeville and we skunked them 17-0.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Ole ball coach you don't have a clue on the fumbles!!! The two fumbles didn't have anything to do with the 300 lb NG. The first one was a perfect snap and the qb mishandled the ball and the 2nd one in the 4th qtr the starting center went out with a cramp and his replacement snapped the ball over the qb's head. If you are goin spout off at least have half a clue to what you are talking about!!!
Thank you for validating my comment. The bad snap (in the fourth) was partially the result of a starting center who was exhausted from playing both ways and wrestling a 300lb NG. He was so exhausted that he was sidelined, and his backup botched the snap. The cause and effect are the same. That's exactly what I was "talking about." No shame in being exhausted in a game like that. It was brutal for all involved. The kids are all to be commended for their extraordinary efforts.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Thank you for validating my comment. The bad snap (in the fourth) was partially the result of a starting center who was exhausted from playing both ways and wrestling a 300lb NG. He was so exhausted that he was sidelined, and his backup botched the snap. The cause and effect are the same. That's exactly what I was "talking about." No shame in being exhausted in a game like that. It was brutal for all involved. The kids are all to be commended for their extraordinary efforts.

You are somewhat right but Paintsville was exhausted as well and didn't turn the ball over. And Pikeville wasn't exhausted when they had a bad snap on the Paintsville 10 early in the game. Bottom line, one UK commit doesn't equate to getting 3 fumbles and not turning the ball over yourself. Paintsville can't count on that next time if there is a next time and in fact most likely won't get it...and turnovers were the difference in Pikeville winning going away.TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:You are somewhat right but Paintsville was exhausted as well and didn't turn the ball over. And Pikeville wasn't exhausted when they had a bad snap on the Paintsville 10 early in the game. Bottom line, one UK commit doesn't equate to getting 3 fumbles and not turning the ball over yourself. Paintsville can't count on that next time if there is a next time and in fact most likely won't get it...and turnovers were the difference in Pikeville winning going away.TongueirateSho
Pikeville outgained Paintsville by 25 total yards, and had two more first downs. Not exactly "going away." The turnovers created were definitely a huge deciding factor. Because Paintsville capitalized upon said turnovers.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Pikeville outgained Paintsville by 25 total yards, and had two more first downs. Not exactly "going away." The turnovers created were definitely a huge deciding factor. Because Paintsville capitalized upon said turnovers.

Without the two bad snaps it's 22-7 Pikeville and Pikeville deep in Paintsville territory with 4 minutes left. That's going away. But I'll agree with you. If Paintsville is able to continue "creating" 2 bad snaps by their opponents in crucial situations in big games while not turning it over themselves, no telling how far they can go.
That is a fundamental winning formula for any team.
Come on guys the game is over and regular season means nothing but Bragging rights. District play is around the corner and a #1 means a lot.
Refer to previous comments. Merry Christmas!
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)