Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at East Carter 9/4/15
The Rams travel to Raider country this Friday to take on a seemingly improved East Carter team. EC had a big program win over West Union, OH last week, with a running clock. The Rams are coming off a lack luster week 1 win over an improved West Carter team and a week 2 thumping at the hands of Mr. Baker and company. Imo, Raceland needs a lopsided, nearly flawlessly dominant win over the Raiders, in order to get some of their preseason credit back, as well as provide some much needed confidence for the team itself. What do you guys think?
RAMS 34
RAIDERS 28

maybe a closer game than some people think. east carter really looks at this game as a BIG game!!
scrappy coco Wrote:RAMS 34
RAIDERS 28

maybe a closer game than some people think. east carter really looks at this game as a BIG game!!

You just open a canned of worms scrappy coco. Confusednicker:

Raceland 35
East Carter 00
64SUR Wrote:You just open a canned of worms scrappy coco. Confusednicker:

Raceland 35
East Carter 00

how by picking the rams to win?? I don't get it. east is down but not as bad as past years. and raceland has some identity problems. but still tough. winning on road is never easy
scrappy coco Wrote:how by picking the rams to win?? I don't get it. east is down but not as bad as past years. and raceland has some identity problems. but still tough. winning on road is never easy

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG starting this week ! ! !

Running clock before halftime.
scrappy coco Wrote:how by picking the rams to win?? I don't get it. east is down but not as bad as past years. and raceland has some identity problems. but still tough. winning on road is never easy

The east is tough as **** in 1A and Raceland,Paintsville,Fairview And THE PIKEVILLE PANTHER. And Williamsburg is hoping to get thing work out before district.**** We got to worry about Harlan,pineville and Lynn Camp first. I was just joking about a canned of worms. :lmao:
The outcome of this one will depend on if the Rams show up to play or not. If they play like they did against West then it will be a close game that they could possibly even lose. If they come out with a fire and play inspired football then they should win comfortably. After watching them play the past couple of weeks I'm not sure at this point. At any rate I think they will win but it may be closer than us Ram fans may like.

Raceland 32
East Carter 19
running clock. i really hope east carter proves me wrong.
RAIDERS 28

I think there is a new sense of excitement in Raider Country, and they won big last week, but over a team (West Union) only in it's second or third year of football.
No disrespect to East, but this game won't be close.

Scrappy Walt Disney should have had your imagination lol. Raceland by at least 3-4 TD's.
Raceland 35-14
I'm sucking up to the Raceland fans. The best posters on BGR :truestory:
RAIDERS 28

Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Raceland wins easy, this will be a good game for them to work on some things and find a rhythm for their offense. 49-13 Rams.
Ive tought long and hard about this game and imo, this game hold a heck of alot more substance than it has in many years. Raceland coming into the season with what now seems to be, way too much hype (myself included in the guilty) and not really seeing that talked up product on the field, is trying to get bsck on track after a somewhat disapointing first 2 weeks of football. Then, in the other corner, an East Carter team who has a new coach, new system, essentially an over haul of the program, gets a big program win and right now feel they can beat anyone on their schedule.

No one wants to be playing their best football right now, if you are, you better be DAMN good all year long, Mayfield/DeSales/Highlands/Trinity (by comparison) good. Because anything can happen on any given night and teams that start slow could finish strong. Ie Paintsville 2014, NCC 2006, NCC 2010, etc.

East Carter is riding high right now, Raceland is ready to release some frustration and get back on the right track. The Rams are coming off another big rivalry game ending in a loss and have a big rivalry game next week with Greenup. It's a perfect storm of distractions for the Rams and a prime time for East Carter to stop Raceland's sweep of the county. With that said, here's my prediction.

Raceland comes out hot. I think this team is due to start clicking. We made some strides in the passing game at Ashland, on the season Davidson has hit two recievers for 5 receptions two recievers with 3 receptions and a handful more with 1 or two receptions each. So he is going through his reads and speading the ball around. The quick passes over the middle and WR screens are looking good, still working out some kinks in timing the long balls right now, but looking better. I think you see more of that this week and Raceland opens up the offense and starts to wake up a little bit. Rams big.

Rams 50
East 14
I think this is a good game to tinker with the offense a bit more and work some additional kinks out. East Carter won big last week and will come into this game feeling ten foot tall and bulletproof, but that adrenaline will quickly wear off and the Raiders will come back down to earth and once that happens the Rams will take advantage and win big.
What does East Carter have upfront?
Scotty is right in a lot of points , Hearing Raceland made a big change up front and if it's true I like it a lot moved Isaac Wallace back to guard where he is better in my opinion he pulls and traps like a Mac truck , and giving manis a starting job I like that as well , imo this game is a tell tell for how good they are if they don't dominate this game from start to finish boys it will be a long disappointing year for the Rams . It's time to get Kane Snyder on track and that starts up front
I agree. Kane had alot of success in trap situations last year. I think going with a little more atheticism on the line will go along way.
I am happy for East Carter that they got a win last week, but this week is a totally different animal! West Union was playing their first ever Varsity game. Raceland should dictate the score in this one. If Coach Salmons wants to win big, it could get ugly for East.
thecoacher Wrote:I am happy for East Carter that they got a win last week, but this week is a totally different animal! West Union was playing their first ever Varsity game. Raceland should dictate the score in this one. If Coach Salmons wants to win big, it could get ugly for East.
I would just about guarantee Coach wants to win big and make a statement game out of this one. Get it over fast, get starters off the field healthy to be ready for an improved Greenup Co. Team next Friday.

Gonna be a long season if we can't win this by at least 4 TD'S. But I think it'll be a running clock late 2nd quarter to early 3rd quarter.
Scotty the Rams have barley scored 50 + points in two games combined.I haven't seen noting out of this group that makes me think they will put 50 up in one game.i think the win but not with 50 on the board.
East Carter was worse then bad last season. They may be a little better this year, but that still makes em bad. I like Raceland a lot in this one.

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...and-ky.gif] 45

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...ity-ky.gif] 14
After seeing this team play the last couple of weeks I am worried about the rest of this season. As a lot of people said there has been a lot of unwarranted preseason hype about this team that I was guilty of contributing to as well. Looking at the schedule we have a tough run ahead of us after tonight and there will not be any more cupcake teams. The Rams are going to have to really get it together and turn things around because after tonight the road gets very tough.
Go RAMS!
Raceland 42 to 14
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Scotty the Rams have barley scored 50 + points in two games combined.I haven't seen noting out of this group that makes me think they will put 50 up in one game.i think the win but not with 50 on the board.

I think our offense will be on the field more tonight than in past weeks and here is why.

The last two teams we have played have had as much or more team speed than we have had. That, imo, will pay dividends over the next couple of weeks. We wont see the same sleed upfront or from a backfield like we did in Brown, nor will we see another "anyone" thats comparable to Baker. I think the speed we have faced will slow alot of the games down for us now, which will be to our advantage.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think our offense will be on the field more tonight than in past weeks and here is why.

The last two teams we have played have had as much or more team speed than we have had. That, imo, will pay dividends over the next couple of weeks. We wont see the same sleed upfront or from a backfield like we did in Brown, nor will we see another "anyone" thats comparable to Baker. I think the speed we have faced will slow alot of the games down for us now, which will be to our advantage.

You listened to coach salmons last night on the radio didn't you ?? He kind of said the same thing one he feels they are getting better each week plus he feels the game will slow way down for the few new players , the move that puts Wallace at guard is huge to me and should get our inside run game moving, I also heard Nathaniel was hurt a little worse than was thought but is moving a lot better this week but we will see
I actually didnt lol. Guess its just good football intuition on my part lol
Before seeing three Rams last week I would have picked them in a landslide, but now my view had changed. I how I just saw a good team on a bad night. The Rams had some serious issues that I'm not going into, mostly because I'm too lazy to type out out. But if they had a bad night, then out could get ugly because they have so much potential. They really need to use this game to get thing together as their schedule is going too start getting tough fast. Best of luck to both teams and hoping the Rams get back on track.
Orange Blaze Wrote:After seeing this team play the last couple of weeks I am worried about the rest of this season. As a lot of people said there has been a lot of unwarranted preseason hype about this team that I was guilty of contributing to as well. Looking at the schedule we have a tough run ahead of us after tonight and there will not be any more cupcake teams. The Rams are going to have to really get it together and turn things around because after tonight the road gets very tough.

It does get tough. I still stand by my pre season prediction that the Rams could be 8-2, 7-3 or 5-5, 4-6. I think Lucas Valley, Fairview, Paintsville, GC,and Russell are all toss ups/