Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 47 Middlesboro 38
Demarcus ware Wrote:Is Cotton over the Defense now, or what? Has he taken total control of it or does anyone actually know what's happening

i hope Cotton takes over if they aren't hiring another coordinator.
Thought he was let go by AD???
FlippedOut Wrote:Yes , if you have a coach the caliper of Cotton Adams sitting there. Yes Middlesboro needs to fire their def co. also. I did not say he was a bad coach, sometimes things just do not work. I do know each of you were complaining about how bad the defense was for the last 2 YEARS. Head Coach did something about it. Stats prove that something needs to be done. Way to many points given up. Some of you think this is early in season, last year and to games in is plenty of time.

Again I Post Chappell's Record
Perry Cent
2003 33ppg and out in 1st rd playoff
2004 32ppg and out in 1st rd
2005 31ppg and no playoffs
South Laurel
2006 40ppg no playoffs
2007 34ppg out in 1st rd
2008 38ppg out in 1st rd
Campbellsville
2009 20ppg and 2nd rd loss
Whitley Co
2014 33 ppg and out in 1st rd
2015 36 ppg and may not make the playoffs

So where should the finger Point.
I know some of you do not like facts
Defense coach on those teams.
Colonel Wrote:Again I Post Chappell's Record
Perry Cent
South Laurel
2006 40ppg no playoffs
2007 34ppg out in 1st rd
2008 38ppg out in 1st rd
Campbellsville
Whitley Co

A wise old Whitley fan once told me that it seemed like the administration was trying to fail with some of these hires...Time will tell...
Early in Chappell's second year. I will give him more time but his record speaks for it's self
I will tell you this, those teams were better when he left than when he arrived and so is Whitley. These teams are not tradition rich teams. What is Dudleys record right now? It is more about the players you have in high school. How long did it take some of the best coaches to win a championship in an eastern Ky school? Hillard Howard 20 years? What about Dudley? Belfry's coach? Holcomb? Colonel, Mithchell must be family? Let's see what Cotton can do, he is one of the best, right? The head coach or (AD) made a difficult move to make their team better and you guys do not like it? JMO
Cotton is running the defense.
Colonel Wrote:Again I Post Chappell's Record
Perry Cent
South Laurel
2006 40ppg no playoffs
2007 34ppg out in 1st rd
2008 38ppg out in 1st rd
Campbellsville
Whitley Co

How would you fix the situation at Whitley County?
FlippedOut Wrote:I will tell you this, those teams were better when he left than when he arrived and so is Whitley. These teams are not tradition rich teams. What is Dudleys record right now? It is more about the players you have in high school. How long did it take some of the best coaches to win a championship in an eastern Ky school? Hillard Howard 20 years? What about Dudley? Belfry's coach? Holcomb? Colonel, Mithchell must be family? Let's see what Cotton can do, he is one of the best, right? The head coach or (AD) made a difficult move to make their team better and you guys do not like it? JMO

There's no reason Whitley County shouldn't have a winning program.
pjdoug Wrote:There's no reason Whitley County shouldn't have a winning program.

I think they will.

Don't take this as a knock on Chappell, because he hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet and I will reserve judgment until at least one more year passes by.
BUT, IMHO, it seems like Whitley would be one of the better jobs, if not the best in this part of the state, with the set up they have in this area. However, it honestly never ceases to amaze me at some of the hires they have pulled off over the years, especially in basketball. I wasn't in the interview room, but I would imagine there were some very, very good names that put in for this coaching position. I know they had the money and spots open to beat pretty much any other school they wanted too or at least the max they could possibly give per the state, and so it has always baffled me how they came to this choice. As I said earlier, im not saying its a bad choice as weve not had enough time to see, BUT, everyone knew the past records and success that hes had at other programs. You cant tell me that some of those names that put in didn't have much better resumes.
If they wanted a guy who would come in, keep the program stable, treat the kids good and work hard, then they made a great choice. Ive heard he is all of these things. But if you are not hiring based solely on the option of how many games you can possibly win, then at least let us know the football program winning future titles is not your incentive and why you decided not to care about it much. I did like his show of power cutting one loose after two games like he did. Im a firm believer that if it isn't working, just go ahead and stop it then. Move on. No sense in trying to keep turning on a blown light bulb.

Ive heard to many different stories to even begin telling the first one on why and how choices are made, but winning ball games and getting kids scholarships are the number one priority for me, and I think im in the majority when I say that.

With that said, we are two ball games into the season and those two didn't matter when it comes to the postseason so its time to move forward. If the kids are physically capable, I have zero doubt that Cotton will turn that defense around. The man is a genius plain and simple. It will take a big amount of hard work to achieve it though.
OldJacket Wrote:A wise old Whitley fan once told me that it seemed like the administration was trying to fail with some of these hires...Time will tell...

Wiser words have never been spoken. If it looks like a duck...
Paul Crewe Wrote:I think they will.

I think they will too.:Thumbs:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Don't take this as a knock on Chappell, because he hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet and I will reserve judgment until at least one more year passes by.
BUT, IMHO, it seems like Whitley would be one of the better jobs, if not the best in this part of the state, with the set up they have in this area. However, it honestly never ceases to amaze me at some of the hires they have pulled off over the years, especially in basketball. I wasn't in the interview room, but I would imagine there were some very, very good names that put in for this coaching position. I know they had the money and spots open to beat pretty much any other school they wanted too or at least the max they could possibly give per the state, and so it has always baffled me how they came to this choice. As I said earlier, im not saying its a bad choice as weve not had enough time to see, BUT, everyone knew the past records and success that hes had at other programs. You cant tell me that some of those names that put in didn't have much better resumes.
If they wanted a guy who would come in, keep the program stable, treat the kids good and work hard, then they made a great choice. Ive heard he is all of these things. But if you are not hiring based solely on the option of how many games you can possibly win, then at least let us know the football program winning future titles is not your incentive and why you decided not to care about it much. I did like his show of power cutting one loose after two games like he did. Im a firm believer that if it isn't working, just go ahead and stop it then. Move on. No sense in trying to keep turning on a blown light bulb.

Ive heard to many different stories to even begin telling the first one on why and how choices are made, but winning ball games and getting kids scholarships are the number one priority for me, and I think im in the majority when I say that.

With that said, we are two ball games into the season and those two didn't matter when it comes to the postseason so its time to move forward. If the kids are physically capable, I have zero doubt that Cotton will turn that defense around. The man is a genius plain and simple. It will take a big amount of hard work to achieve it though.
I've been frustrated with their choices for years,but Chappell,actually is doing a fine job so far,and is getting the numbers up,and the program seems to be moving forward. We all know Whitley County has the resources to be a top notch program if they'll just use them. I wish some of the choices were more transparent. Will Whitley hire another defensive coach? or just go with what they have? let us know coach lol.

I agree and they seem to be headed in that direction....
First off I think Chappell is a good person. Second I have no relationships with any coach past or present. 3. I have a close family member playing for Whitley and have spent some afternoons watching them practice. 4. I have previously coached HS football but due to circumstances,family problems, I have not coached in the last few years. I by no means think I have the answers and was IMO just an average coach, maybe, but was part of a staff that won multiple district and region championships. Whitley did not work on their problems for the last 2 years. This week they spent a lot of time on D thankfully but should have before. They are not playing Adams D they are playing Chappell's D. I hope they win every game as I want my family member to have success but I don't care who you are for one person to take the blame when many things were out of their control is wrong. When Mitchell had players they were good at Lynn Camp when they did not they were not but you still have to develop what you have and Whitley did not even have any after school activities for football this year. Besides incoming Freshmen no one was required to stay after school and 30 min a day working out and getting better is not going to cut it for a 5A school trying to compete. Mike Campbell would go crazy at the weakness of this team as he always had them strong and ready to play.
Colonel Wrote:First off I think Chappell is a good person. Second I have no relationships with any coach past or present. 3. I have a close family member playing for Whitley and have spent some afternoons watching them practice. 4. I have previously coached HS football but due to circumstances,family problems, I have not coached in the last few years. I by no means think I have the answers and was IMO just an average coach, maybe, but was part of a staff that won multiple district and region championships. Whitley did not work on their problems for the last 2 years. This week they spent a lot of time on D thankfully but should have before. They are not playing Adams D they are playing Chappell's D. I hope they win every game as I want my family member to have success but I don't care who you are for one person to take the blame when many things were out of their control is wrong. When Mitchell had players they were good at Lynn Camp when they did not they were not but you still have to develop what you have and Whitley did not even have any after school activities for football this year. Besides incoming Freshmen no one was required to stay after school and 30 min a day working out and getting better is not going to cut it for a 5A school trying to compete. Mike Campbell would go crazy at the weakness of this team as he always had them strong and ready to play.

Confusedtare:
pjdoug Wrote:I've been frustrated with their choices for years,but Chappell,actually is doing a fine job so far,and is getting the numbers up,and the program seems to be moving forward. We all know Whitley County has the resources to be a top notch program if they'll just use them. I wish some of the choices were more transparent. Will Whitley hire another defensive coach? or just go with what they have? let us know coach lol.

:lame:
jim rome Wrote::lame:

You are:lame: :ChairHit:
tune into WKYT and watch Boston Bryant play Smile
Colonel Wrote:First off I think Chappell is a good person. Second I have no relationships with any coach past or present. 3. I have a close family member playing for Whitley and have spent some afternoons watching them practice. 4. I have previously coached HS football but due to circumstances,family problems, I have not coached in the last few years. I by no means think I have the answers and was IMO just an average coach, maybe, but was part of a staff that won multiple district and region championships. Whitley did not work on their problems for the last 2 years. This week they spent a lot of time on D thankfully but should have before. They are not playing Adams D they are playing Chappell's D. I hope they win every game as I want my family member to have success but I don't care who you are for one person to take the blame when many things were out of their control is wrong. When Mitchell had players they were good at Lynn Camp when they did not they were not but you still have to develop what you have and Whitley did not even have any after school activities for football this year. Besides incoming Freshmen no one was required to stay after school and 30 min a day working out and getting better is not going to cut it for a 5A school trying to compete. Mike Campbell would go crazy at the weakness of this team as he always had them strong and ready to play.

Why do you want to mislead people here. I did some checking into what you are trying to say. Here is the truth. The reason for no after school weights is that he implement in school weightlifting. Where not only did they get it done but more. The freshmen had to come after school. Why in school weightlifting , so that other sports can share athletes. Exactly what is needed. As far as practice Mitchell control the defense, he had as much contact as he found needed, period. Simple question for you, were you happy with the way they played defense? You simply are upset that your family member was let go. Get over it or get out. The program is headed in the right direction be a part of it or go somewhere else. But stop trying to tear it down. If you know what is needed go to Chappell and work it out. Hard to believe there is a coach on here giving another such a hard time when you should know what a difficult job they have, with little to work with. Unless you have other motives.
FlippedOut Wrote:Why do you want to mislead people here. I did some checking into what you are trying to say. Here is the truth. The reason for no after school weights is that he implement in school weightlifting. Where not only did they get it done but more. The freshmen had to come after school. Why in school weightlifting , so that other sports can share athletes. Exactly what is needed. As far as practice Mitchell control the defense, he had as much contact as he found needed, period. Simple question for you, were you happy with the way they played defense? You simply are upset that your family member was let go. Get over it or get out. The program is headed in the right direction be a part of it or go somewhere else. But stop trying to tear it down. If you know what is needed go to Chappell and work it out. Hard to believe there is a coach on here giving another such a hard time when you should know what a difficult job they have, with little to work with. Unless you have other motives.
Are you a Whitley fan? I think Colonel is an imposter.
whitley is headed in right direction.
pjdoug Wrote:Are you a Whitley fan? I think Colonel is an imposter.

I know Chappell and how hard he works and what kind of person he is. I know him from when he was here in Middlesboro. Good Coach, even better person.
I was going to say something, but forgot what it was oh yeah Whitley County is Mediocre at best.
Agreed, but they we're bad not to long ago. I agree Chappell will do a good job, made right move to go with Cotton Adams as def. co.
FlippedOut Wrote:I know Chappell and how hard he works and what kind of person he is. I know him from when he was here in Middlesboro. Good Coach, even better person.

Chappell is doing a good job.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I was going to say something, but forgot what it was oh yeah Whitley County is Mediocre at best.

:biggrin: