Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton Wildcat Invitational (Boys 8th Grade) November 9th-12th
We are looking to host our annual Wildcat Invitational on November 9th-12th. Format is usually 2 pool games, then single-elimination. Usually it is a very competitive tournament with anywhere from 8-14 teams. If interested post here, email at [email]randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us[/email], or call or text at 606-794-6296.
Teams Entered So Far:

1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
Teams Entered So Far:

1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
Teams Entered So Far:

1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
8)Valley
Hey Dortonwildcat5 looks like a great field
How many more teams are you looking for
TKHG14 Wrote:Hey Dortonwildcat5 looks like a great field

Thanks. We can accomodate up to 16 teams (we are using Dorton gym and the newly renovated Virgie gym which has 2 courts). We have 9 right now which is a good number (3 pools of 3 teams).
1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
8)Valley
9)Johnson County
Looks like some good teams this year!! Should be some good basketball games going on
This is one place I wish Belfry wouldn't play. Ripped off every year. Especially since our high school football will still be playing. Plus several BMS players will be playing Team Ky all-star football.
proud44pirate Wrote:This is one place I wish Belfry wouldn't play. Ripped off every year. Especially since our high school football will still be playing. Plus several BMS players will be playing Team Ky all-star football.

:baby:
proud44pirate Wrote:This is one place I wish Belfry wouldn't play. Ripped off every year. Especially since our high school football will still be playing. Plus several BMS players will be playing Team Ky all-star football.

What do you mean ripped off? I would think anytime you get to play it should benefit your team and help you on your quest for the county title. Even if you are playing without you best players you get the chance to develop your younger players. SMH

Those all sound like problems of your own, not anybody else

No one is making them play. Express your concern to Coach Varney.
Haven't been involved firsthand, but from what I can gather the Dorton program has been run the right way for the last decade. Highly doubt teams wouldn't have a great experience being part of an event hosted by the Wildcats.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Haven't been involved firsthand, but from what I can gather the Dorton program has been run the right way for the last decade. Highly doubt teams wouldn't have a great experience being part of an event hosted by the Wildcats.

Thank you for the words of support. We try our best to do things the right way. As a coach, school representative, etc. criticism is bound to come sometimes though no matter what you do.
1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
8)Valley
9)Johnson County
10)Wesley Christian
We have 11 teams so far. Would like to get 1 more, then I'll begin work on the pool play and bracket schedule. The games will be played at Virgie (which has been renovated and now has 2 courts) and Valley Elementary due to new bleachers being installed in our gym.

1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
8)Valley
9)Johnson County
10)Wesley Christian
11)Johnson County 7th
Field is set for the tournament. Thanks to all teams who have entered. I will begin working on the schedule and post it in the next several days.

1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
8)Valley
9)Johnson County
10)Wesley Christian
11)Johnson County 7th
12)Belfry 7th
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Field is set for the tournament. Thanks to all teams who have entered. I will begin working on the schedule and post it in the next several days.

1)Dorton
2)Belfry
3)Hazard
4)Paintsville
5)Pikeville
6)Mullins
7)Whitesburg
8)Valley
9)Johnson County
10)Wesley Christian
11)Johnson County 7th
12)Belfry 7th

Looks good Randy, should be some good basketball games played
Looks like I get my wish. I won't be traveling to Dorton for anymore games. #3 is Hanging up the old ball shoes.
proud44pirate Wrote:Looks like I get my wish. I won't be traveling to Dorton for anymore games. #3 is Hanging up the old ball shoes.

I'm glad that you get your wish, but hate to see him not play. He's a good player. Hopefully we will see him during track season.
You will see him during track for sure. He was asked to play up with the freshman and JV but I think he is done with basketball. Leaving it up to him. His older brother is back playing this year after setting out to concentrate on football.
So Ben Bentley is not playing?
No Ben ain't playing. Anyone that knows me knows this is not my decision. It's 100% Bens. If they play they play if they don't that's fine with me.
Pool A-----------Pool B------------Pool C--------------Pool D
Johnson County---Pikeville-----------Hazard-------------Belfry
Belfry 7th---------Whitesburg--------Dorton-------------Valley
Mullins-------------Paintsville--------Wesley Christian-Johnson County 7th

Pool Play Schedule

Monday, November 9th at Dorton
6:00 Dorton vs Wesley Christian
7:10 Dorton vs Hazard
8:20 Hazard vs Wesley Christian

Monday, November 9th at Valley Elementary
6:00 Belfry vs Valley
7:10 Belfry vs Johnson County 7th
8:20 Valley vs Johnson County 7th

Monday, November 9th at Virgie (Court 1)
6:00 Johnson County vs Belfry 7th
7:10 Mullins vs Belfry 7th
8:20 Johnson County vs Mullins

Monday, November 9th at Virgie (Court 2)
6:00 Pikeville vs Whitesburg
7:10 Pikeville vs Paintsville
8:20 Paintsville vs Whitesburg
Any updates on games last night? Bracket for tournament?
CADEREECE Wrote:Any updates on games last night? Bracket for tournament?

updated bracket