Poll: Who wins Ashland or Raceland
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
67.39%
Raceland
32.61%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Raceland @ #4 Ashland 8/28
This is going to be a good one. Ashland with high expectations and a 4A title in their thoughts and dreams. Raceland legit 1A title contender comes to Putnam for their yearly battle with the Cats. Thoughts, Predictions? :Cheerlead:popcorn:
This is gonna be a dandy ,
OLine I give the edge to Raceland
Dline Raceland again
Linebackers Raceland , Ashland has the best linebacker playing that night but I'll take the trio of Holbrook, walker and Davidson over any tamdon Raceland plays this year .
DBacks I'll say Ashland has a slight edge Raceland is starting 3 new players out of 4
Running backs I'll call a tie just because is one if not the best back in Kentucky but again Raceland has a pretty solid trio of Snyder , Christian and walker
Qb's I'll give the edge to Raceland both are first year starters but Nathaniel has a year of experience at playing varsity by playing linebacker last year
Special teams I'll call a tie because I have no idea what Ashland has
With all that said ..

Raceland 27 Ashland 22 .
Hope your off some on the position break downs.
Here goes mine
OL slight edge to Ashland
DL slight edge Raceland
LBs Ashland
DBs Ashland
QB wash
WRs Raceland
RBs Ashland
STs Ashland
Best 3 or 4 athletes on the field all play in Maroon and White. Speed kills and Ashland has a ton of it.
Final score Tomcats 35- Rams 24.
Anyway you look at it we are going to see a GREAT game and this is why we love Friday nights
Ashland 35
raceland 12

not even close. maybe a running clock
scrappy coco Wrote:Ashland 35
raceland 12

:lame:

Please tell me you're joking.
raceland 12

I've been watching Raceland games for 12 years and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a running clock with the Rams being on the losing side of it. I know I haven't seen it in the past 6 years and am very confident no one will see a running clock in Putnam Stadium on August 28th, 2015.

Get a life. The only reason you are saying this is because your team is picking it's self up off the ground.

You'll get back on your feet in a few years Scrappy, it'll be ok widdle feller.
Not sure about the running clock but Ashland beat Raceland by 46 in 2011.
Tomcats 28-17
I voted for Ashland. :popcorn: I will make my prediction on a later date. Confusedhh:
It's a close one on Elm St. but Baker is the difference maker. No rhyme intended.

Tomcats 27
Rams 21
T-CATS Wrote:Hope your off some on the position break downs.
Here goes mine
OL slight edge to Ashland
DL slight edge Raceland
LBs Ashland
DBs Ashland
QB wash
WRs Raceland
RBs Ashland
STs Ashland
Best 3 or 4 athletes on the field all play in Maroon and White. Speed kills and Ashland has a ton of it.
Final score Tomcats 35- Rams 24.
Anyway you look at it we are going to see a GREAT game and this is why we love Friday nights

my last message on this one until next week , and I'm sure we will have tons of fun debating this game . Couple of things I think your way off on is the line , Racelands line is one the best overall they have had in a long time , as far as the best 3 or 4 athletes being from Ashland is way off , Isaac Wallace who plays offensive and defensive tackle might be the most athlectic kid on the field and he dropped 50 + pounds coming into this year, you wanna talk about speed he's got it , along with returning their entire backfield , Austin Howard and Cameron Webb can run with anybody , and qb if dowdy is ashlands starter only thing that's a wash will be the back of his uniform , Davidson is bigger , faster , stronger with varsity experience .. Max preps has Raceland at 39 overall ranking and Ashland at 58 just some things to think about until I return next week lol
I give Raceland the advantage up front on both sides of the ball, they've got some absolute studs up front. But I think at most of the skill and semi-skill (LB, TE) positions Ashland has the advantage. WR and QB probably go to Raceland but I'm hearing good things about the Ratliff kid at Ashland. It's going to be an exciting game and these next few weeks are going to be torture waiting for kickoff!
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I've been watching Raceland games for 12 years and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a running clock with the Rams being on the losing side of it. I know I haven't seen it in the past 6 years and am very confident no one will see a running clock in Putnam Stadium on August 28th, 2015.

Get a life. The only reason you are saying this is because your team is picking it's self up off the ground.

You'll get back on your feet in a few years Scrappy, it'll be ok widdle feller.
I have a life booger man. ive seen both teams play and ashalnd is way more physical that south greenup. TRUE. im glad you have watched em so much. go crawl back in your hole somewhere. tomcats win big....
I think it will be a good, physical game. Win or lose, it's a good playoff type game for both teams.
First and foremost, Raceland has a game with West Carter this week and they need to worry about this week before looking ahead to Ashland. With that said, the game against Ashland should be a good one as it has been the past few years. On paper I believe that Raceland is more than capable of beating Ashland. My concern is the mental aspect of the game. Raceland hasn't beaten Ashland since 2008 and the Rams have had some heartbreakers against the Tomcats the past few times they have played. Ashland has always seemed to have an advantage over the Rams mentally throughout this series and most of the time Raceland seems to fall short against the Tomcats.

I believe this year's Raceland team is going to be special and I am going to give them a slight edge over the hump that has been Ashland but they are going to have to bring their A-game and play mistake free to walk out of Putnam with the win.

Raceland 32
Ashland 28
Paul Blazer by 15
I can remember the year after Ashland won state, Raceland came in and beat Ashland at Putnam first game of the season. It's doable, but I believe the close games continue with a slight edge going toward the Cats.
The Rams 21-7...
Yustacould Wrote:I can remember the year after Ashland won state, Raceland came in and beat Ashland at Putnam first game of the season. It's doable, but I believe the close games continue with a slight edge going toward the Cats.

Anything is possible.
The Rams are down 14 just walking into Putnam by special teams a lone. I wish we could get this aspect Of the game figured out.Cant stand watching us give the ball to our opponents at the 50 on every kick off.

With that said lets play the West Carter game first
i don't believe there will be a running clock put in the Rams. They are a good team and they are not going to lay down and let the cats run all over them. I think it will be a barn burner with Ashland pulling away at the end
Cats 42
Rams 35
I think Raceland will pull out the win and here is why. Both teams have some positions they have had to replace. The reason Ashland has owned us since we beat em 3 years running, is depth. We havent been able to deal with their depth upfront. They have more guys than we do playing one way or atleast only playing half the snaps that some of our OL/DL are. That being said, this years team looks more like '08 Raceland.
I hate predicting this early but I'm gonna have to take the Rams in this one. If speed kills what happened last year with Baker and Long? Even though Raceland doesn't have a "so called" stand out stud I believe they have good quality in every position. Ashland line has leaked like a sieve last year and I can't see this being different with Racelands big and uglys up front.
I believe this game will come down to a few of key factors. 1st, can Raceland contain Baker. 2nd, can Ashland's OL hold Raceland's big guys at bay. 3rd, can Ashland's secondary stop any type of passing game. 4th, who wins the turnover battle. 5th, special teams, and finally what will Ashland's QB situation be. I know it's all cliche, but these things will determine the outcome of this (and just about every) game.

I do agree that Raceland needs to focus on West Carter. There is nothing worse than overlooking an opponent. Ashland and Raceland's time will come.
raceland 12

I think snappy coo coo is referring to the Raceland Fairview game. Which will not be close.
Yustacould Wrote:I believe this game will come down to a few of key factors. 1st, can Raceland contain Baker. 2nd, can Ashland's OL hold Raceland's big guys at bay. 3rd, can Ashland's secondary stop any type of passing game. 4th, who wins the turnover battle. 5th, special teams, and finally what will Ashland's QB situation be. I know it's all cliche, but these things will determine the outcome of this (and just about every) game.

I do agree that Raceland needs to focus on West Carter. There is nothing worse than overlooking an opponent. Ashland and Raceland's time will come.

I dont think focus will ever be this teams problem. The 15 or so seniors and 20 or so juniors wont let that happen imo. Its us old has beens that cant focus on the task at hand lol.
Some more factors. This will be Ashlands first game. Raceland will have one under their belt. Ashland will have the next 9 days to prepare for Raceland. Raceland playing Saturday night will have 4 to prepare for Ashland and a short turn around on the game. If what I'm hearing is correct Ashlands OL DL are going to be very very good. Raceland owned us in the trenches last year and still lost. Baker is the best athlete on the field and it's not close. Brown O'Byran and Roberts are a notch below him but are as good if not better then most. Last year Messer was GREAT and everywhere on the field heck I think I saw him snap the ball to himself. My point is Raceland won most of the battles and lost the War. Ashland is going to be much more explosive on both sides of the ball this year and I think next Friday your going to see it. Mod is #4 4A Ashland #2 1A Raceland.
DevilWatcher Wrote:I hate predicting this early but I'm gonna have to take the Rams in this one. If speed kills what happened last year with Baker and Long? Even though Raceland doesn't have a "so called" stand out stud I believe they have good quality in every position. Ashland line has leaked like a sieve last year and I can't see this being different with Racelands big and uglys up front.
Baker broke runs off that WON us the game.:Thumbs:
Raceland's front 7, will be a year more experienced, in better shape, deeper, and just flat out better this year. Ashland will need to mix things up if they want to make this "statement" they want to make against us. I dont think either team will be that much better than the other. Its been said, you're a 14 point underdog as it is going into Putnam. This will be a great ball game in an incredible atmosphere, as always. I believe we are in for the best game this seris has had to offer since the OT game in '08.
Ashland 24
Raceland 12
  • 1(current)
  • Next