Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The End of America??
A friend emailed me this just today. I haven't researched it but it sounds plausible to me.

I would like to know what you guys think of it.

"In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the
University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always
Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous
Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
Always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from
The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
Collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a
Dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the
Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."

The Obituary follows:
"United States of America", Born 1776, Died 2016
It doesn't hurt to read this several times.
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in
St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning
The last Presidential election:
Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory
Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low
Income tenements and living off various forms of government
Welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the
"complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of
Democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population
Already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..
If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million
Criminal invaders called illegal’s - and they vote - then we can say
Goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years . "
Well dang...sure fits, don't it?
Profs Tyler and Olson did a much more succinct job than I have managed but, I believe every word of your starter Granny. In fact, you may recall the occasions on which I posted the election map of 2012, except for the blue pox, it was entirely red. Perhaps Alexander Tyler read Benjamin Franklin's famous quote --- 'When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.'

We rail on about the debt, illegal aliens, a dwindling military and ObamaCare. We point out that America suffers the same self-afflictions as did Rome before she fell due to apathy and dependency. And yet, even though all that being mentioned is true beyond debate, there is one thing that makes America different. Or maybe I should say made America different. That was her one time steadfast and public allegiance to the God of Christianity. I was not until she publicly turned her back on Him through legislation, litigation and regulation of late that America started the backwards slide that has done nothing but pick up momentum.

Now, the Church is still the Church and we are subjects of our King. As a matter of fact, according to Him, we will be successful in anything we attempt in His name. So, why has the Church begun to suffer under the ever more watchful eye of chop licking federal regulators? Because we have been too much the apologist and not enough the evangelist. We ought to be about our Father's business, but so many are reluctant to speak out against sin in our time. Hence, the thread that Wide just posted that mentions Kentucky prison councilors are now forbidden to even mention that homosexuality is sin. We the Church, have brought all of this on ourselves.

And what is the way out now that government regulators are poised to bring down a landslide of liberal regs on the Church? There is only one way; 2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Notice that God is addressing only those who are called by His name. Christians have all the power they need to be successful, however, then needn't even try if they are backslidden and of course, they have to do it His way.

Additionally, I do have a secular bone to pick however. As Professor Joseph Olson pointed out, the Democratic strategy for winning elections is and has been to buy votes with more and more promises of free goodies from the US Treasury. Thus, Dems seem more than willing to wink at the millions who have crashed our borders and to immediately co-op them with free cell phones, food, housing and you fill in the blanks. All they need to do to keep the Keynesian conveyor belt loaded with goodies headed their way is pull the handle marked 'D'. And, don't worry about voter ID's or other bothersome legal issues, the Dems have the illegal's backs. I really don't get it. Why would so many of the white majority keep voting in people who have vowed so publicly to keep on taking their money and handing it to those who deserve it by no means whatever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is why we need somebody like Trump to come in an restart the whole democracy process as a whole.
Cut the dependents.
Lets be honest here, the only people that should receive federal assistance are seniors and the disabled. That's it, period.

If you said that to a liberal, they would probably send you to a CNN or MSNBC link of how hard it is to be a single mother in New York City working at Mcdonalds and how she needs assistance.
1- Get the hell out of NYC or anywhere that living is expensive even if you have to walk.
2- Why did you have a kid. I know accidents happen, but it sure isn't the governments or other taxpayers fault. We should never let a kid starve, I agree on that, so support the kid through foster care, and take away the parent rights. This keep the money out of the hands of parents who abuse it. It will also keep people from abusing the system and birthing children into this world who will have a miserable life for no other reason than mommy and daddy gets extra money.
3- Government should never enter or interfere with the private sector. Example: Healthcare. I had wonderful healthcare 10 years ago. It was cheap, I had good coverage and only used it when I needed to, you know, the way insurance it supposed to work. Medicaid and Medicare are never going to last. that's a given, so why are we still paying for it? The govt has no right to start there own monopoly on healthcare. But weve come complacent just as the email read.

Instead of giving those who refuse to look for work a free handout, end all hunting laws! No more permits, no more spotted owl endangerment non sense, let them hunt for there own food. They will either hunt and eat or starve.

It also blows my mind how many commercials we see on TV about donating money to help these poor starving kids in third world countries that we will never meet. For one, there a scam. The kid probably receives 2% of what you actually give while that same NON PROFIT charity rapes the other 98% right out of the bank. Second, why not only donate money to those in need here? Why not only donate to charities and pantry here in America and help our your fellow countrymen before giving to someone half the world away? It could have really help during the Obama tenure.

I don't disagree with the email at all. I do however feel it left out one important step. Self destruction and civil war.....