Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Pikeville Highlight/Game Films
Looking at these 2012 PHS highlights gets me pumped for some Pikeville football. Don't want to wish my life away, but I wish it was football time in the mountains.
Pikeville vs. Harrodsburg 1991 Class A State Semi-Finals

Panther Thunder Wrote:[YOUTUBE="Pikeville vs. Belfry 2000"]tllrVwLmtqM[/YOUTUBE]

Bittersweet video

It sucks seeing my classmates like Casey, Curtis, etc take one on the chin....

.... Yet at the same time it makes me smile knowing that Pikeville didn't win another one vs. Belfry after that game :biggrin:

Matt Branham was such an underrated QB by the way. He was so good extending the play and throwing off the run. He was a gamer as well... didn't throw up mind blowing stats but anytime Pikeville needed a clutch play he seemed to always answer.

Also, a side note and I may be in the minority..but I wish Pikeville would go back to the very Plain Jane Maroon and White w/ the White Helmet. I liked that look and can't help but be reminded of the great teams in these videos.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bittersweet video

Also, a side note and I may be in the minority..but I wish Pikeville would go back to the very Plain Jane Maroon and White w/ the White Helmet. I liked that look and can't help but be reminded of the great teams in these videos.
Totally agree, EKUAlum05! It was a defining look - you knew who it was without reading the caption.

.... Yet at the same time it makes me smile knowing that Pikeville didn't win another one vs. Belfry after that game :biggrin:

Matt Branham was such an underrated QB by the way. He was so good extending the play and throwing off the run. He was a gamer as well... didn't throw up mind blowing stats but anytime Pikeville needed a clutch play he seemed to always answer.
It's never a good thing when you have to convert your last win versus a school from one form of media to another (VHS to DVD) haha.

I agree about Matt Branham. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, even if he gets plenty already. He was a true quarterback and football player. He just made plays and his arm strength and ability to put so many throws right on the money haven't been matched again at Pikeville. He has moments of inconsistency, trying to do too much, but never lost PHS a game, and definitely had many, many more play where you left yourself saying, "what a throw".

If the Alumni game happens, I really hope he take the reins of the offense one more time. And maybe we can try to finally get one after 12 years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Also, a side note and I may be in the minority..but I wish Pikeville would go back to the very Plain Jane Maroon and White w/ the White Helmet. I liked that look and can't help but be reminded of the great teams in these videos.
Love the uniforms and we have gotten back to it a little bit. The players love the black, so it's probably here to stay, but the uniforms we wore against Belfry this year looked awesome, IMO.
The plain maroon jersey,and solid white helmets to me were like an old school look for Pikeville in those days. I'd love to see them go back to that look all together. It seems each team has it's trademark,and this seemed to be the Panthers.
Great videos, can't wait for the season to start.

Heeeeee coullllllldddddddddd noooooootttttttt not saaaaayyyyyyyyyy ittttttttttttttttt.:biggrin: Well known fact: Belfry people think about Pikeville High School about 1000x as much as Pikeville people think about Belfry High School. Wait, I could be wrong. Maybe 3000x.
Prestonsburg 2013

Hazard 2013

Paintsville 2013

Sheldon Clark 2013

Alumni Game Motivational
Pikeville vs. Middlesboro 2013

2013 Playoff Motivational

#2 Ben Maynard 2013 Junior Highlights

#13 Cody Estep 2013 Junior Highlights

Pikeville vs. Belfry 2013 Alumni Game

#22 Austin Black 2013 Senior Highlights

#21 Chase Hall 2013 Senior Highlights
"The Catch" Chase Huffman to Brett Gibson 2004 vs. Williamsburg

#8 Austin Charles 2013 Junior Highlights

Chris McNamee & Jody Brown ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg 2014

Pikeville vs. Hazard 2014 (Pike County Bowl)

Pikeville vs. Paintsville 2014
Pikeville vs. Sheldon Clark 2014

Pikeville vs. Belfry 2014

Pikeville vs. Middlesboro 2014

Pikeville vs. South Floyd 2014

Pikeville vs. Phelps 2014

Pikeville vs. Allen Central 2014
Pikeville vs. Russell 2014

Pikeville vs. Nicholas County 2014 (Class A Playoffs)

#2 Ben Maynard 2014 Senior Highlights

Pikeville vs. Hazard 2002 (Regular Season) Full Game

Should be caught up for now. Some missing from 2013 that I am struggling to get on youtube. They exist on DVD, but oh well. Pretty comprehensive. Hoping to add a lot of full games in the future.
Awesome video...:Cheerlead
That Pikeville vs Belfry is the worst video you ever made PT...

While at the same time being some of your best work haha
Pikeville vs. Paintsville 2002 Full Game, Pretty cool add on, camera was next to the radio guys, so you get to hear the call of the late Randy Jones:

Pikeville vs. Fleming-Neon 2002

Good work PT. Thanks.
Pikeville 60 Clay County 0

Pikeville 54 South Floyd 16

Pikeville 53 Allen Central 8

Pikeville 40 Harlan 12 Class A Playoffs 1st Round

Pikeville 28 Hazard 0 Class A Playoffs 2nd Round

Pikeville vs. Hazard 2000

Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg 2000

Pikeville vs. Evarts 2000 Class A Playoffs

Pikeville vs. Fleming-Neon 2001 Overtime

Pikeville vs. Hazard 2003

Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg 2003

Pikeville vs. Phelps 2003
15:35 in P'burg 2003 game 3rd and impossible and play goes for loss, vintage P'burg zebra call...good times.:Shaking:
Noticed that.