Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"A Season to Remember" 1987 Pikeville Panthers Season Recap Video
Found this while digging through some old tapes. Pretty cool production that gives some video and a nice recap of each game on the road to PHS' first State Championship. Produced by former PHS Athletic Director Mr. Ken Trivette with the help of Keith Casebolt and WYMT/WPRG. The program runs a little over 80 minutes. More older videos are on the way, lots of 1991 will be up soon.

Thanks Pt. Tried to bring it up, but sme has got it blocked in my part of the country. That's ok though, I got a copy of the original thanks to my good buddy D. Honaker.
It wouldn't work for me either. Darn.
Probably a problem with the music being copyrighted. I'll work to get it resolved.
Seems to be, at the least, temporarily resolved while the copyright dispute is pending. Hurry and try to watch lol.
Tried it , and was able to watch and enjoy. It does bring back memories of that great 87' team. Thanks for your work PT.
This is a jewel, PT. Videos from the best team Pikeville ever fielded. I know it's game film for the most part, but this is worth a million dollars! Thanks for doing this!
Noticed lineman Jeff Roop#61. Jeff did an excellent job at offensive tackle that season. One of the front five that blew holes for Hackney,Deramus, and Thornsbury to run through. At 6'4 280lbs., he was a force. He sat out the 88' season due to heart valve surgery, but was always on the sideline with Coach Howard and staff supporting his team. He came back for the 89' season to help win the title (3rd. one) that year. The tradition continues with his son Tanner playing the same offensive position this season. Look for him to follow in his Dad's foot steps by being a gamer just like Jeff Roop.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Noticed lineman Jeff Roop#61. Jeff did an excellent job at offensive tackle that season. One of the front five that blew holes for Hackney,Deramus, and Thornsbury to run through. At 6'4 280lbs., he was a force. He sat out the 88' season due to heart valve surgery, but was always on the sideline with Coach Howard and staff supporting his team. He came back for the 89' season to help win the title (3rd. one) that year. The tradition continues with his son Tanner playing the same offensive position this season. Look for him to follow in his Dad's foot steps by being a gamer just like Jeff Roop.

Didn't Jeff sign to play at EKU?
Westside Wrote:Didn't Jeff sign to play at EKU?

Not sure if he did or not. I do know Chris McNamee played at defensive safety there, where he excelled at that position and was named OVC player of the week after their win over Ga. Southern. After High School, not sure if Jeff went on to play at the next level. Don't think so.
I remember being a water boy at the time and being on the opposite side of the field from that team was like being in a shock and awe attack. Great team, great post.
Imo, greatest football team ever produced at Pikeville High School. They were big, strong, quick, lightning fast, and well coached. Will there ever be another team like that one at PHS? Imo, not likely.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Imo, greatest football team ever produced at Pikeville High School. They were big, strong, quick, lightning fast, and well coached. Will there ever be another team like that one at PHS? Imo, not likely.

No there will never be another team like that one at PHS or possibly at any single A school ever. Remember that Howard mojo went a long ways.
Great touchdown reception by Chris McNamee (Coach Mac) at the 54:23 mark during the Cumberland playoff game. Was at that game. You could cut the tension, and excitement with a knife.