Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th REGION
Benchwarmer Wrote:[QUOTE=country boy 27]watch out knott co central the lady owls are on there way & not leaving with the nets

Not leaving with the nets I would agree.

I disagree completely. KCC may be a favorite to win, but that just gives the Lady Owls more reason to show them who is ready to play. Like I've said before, don't underestimate this team, they can be dangerous.
i made a mistake & they are not leaving without the nets & you can take that to the bank benchwarmer
Ok, well cut of a little piece for you.
ture PCC did beat the lady owls by 30+ this summer, and i agree they will hav to beat PCC or Breathitt to make there statement and they play Breathitt at home there last game of the season and it senior night for the lady owls.....i would say the lady owls will make it to the regional tournament but its to early to tell whowill be in the final game
Im gonna go wit Pcc
I'm picking Breathitt
Are you serious? Owsley cutting down the nets at Knott? If they can beat PCC, LCC, Breathitt or Knott more power to them. But I seriously doubt it. IMO
the_chosen_one Wrote:Perry Central will when this year. Madden is to big for anyone to handle. You may think you can stop her but you cant. Well at least not at the John C. Combs Arena anyway. They are not totally invincible but they are pretty darn close.

I personally would like to see LCC, KCC, or Breathitt win it this year. But the odds are against them.

Madden is to big for anyone to handle? She didn't do as well as people thought she would against KCC. Heck, they put a 6' eighth grader in there, and she stopped Madden. She had a good game, but I dont think she is unstoppable.
I hope Kcc take it this year
youngstar14th Wrote:Madden is to big for anyone to handle? She didn't do as well as people thought she would against KCC. Heck, they put a 6' eighth grader in there, and she stopped Madden. She had a good game, but I dont think she is unstoppable.
I hope Kcc take it this year

She didn't stop Madden. Don't get me wrong the 8th grader who is Shandra Thomas came in and did a good job but she didnt stop her. In my opinion KCC's caoch is a little brave. From what I have been told from a couple of players. Thomas went out early this season due to an injury and was back for 2 practices and is starting. I wonder who's ideal that was. Thomas is going to be a good player when she gets a little older but she doesnt need to start so soon. To much for her. She needs to get in the weight room and get stronger and work on her moves. She is bad for walking. All in all she will be a good player later on in her career.
I'm going to go with breathitt in this race. They are extemely talented and very big. Pcc is a great basketball team dont get me wrong, but Breathitt won against them the other night and I believe that they can do that in the regional tournament too. Kcc will have a advantage since their playing on their home court but I don't believe they even have A chance. They have some very good girls on their basketball team and some great shooters but the last 2 games, they have gotten beat. PCC only beat them by 5 but Breathitt killed them tonight. But who knows, maybe they will step up in the Tournament. Leslie has a big chance of winning it too. No one hasnt really mentioned them but you cant leave them out! Beth lewis and Sierra Stidham are Great basketball players and I have faith in them too.
i tkink pcc should win the 14th region if they play 32 mins of basketball like they are able to as for bcc it is possible with their size and lcc could also be a choice because they are a team that is getting better with every game
all 3 teams have a good basketball program and a excellent coaching staff and their future looks very good
This is one of the strongest regions!..someone you dont expect could take it this year!..you never know during tourney time..PCC is good and has a good chance, but there are many other talented teams in this region that has a great shot.....
If Powell can get back to form I believe they have a good chance.
TheRev Wrote:If Powell can get back to form I believe they have a good chance.
Powell County has no chance, regardless of form.
The winner will be either Perry County Central or Breathitt County. No one else is even close. I think it will be Perry County Central.
Perry
Leslie
Breathitt

One of those 3 of course...
IMO anyone in the top 5 has a chance of winning regions no matter where it is hosted...Powell is ranked fifth and they have a strong team that plays with heart...I'm not saying they have regions locked or anything like that, but if they come to play then they have just as good a chance as anyone in that tournament.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Powell County has no chance, regardless of form.
The winner will be either Perry County Central or Breathitt County. No one else is even close. I think it will be Perry County Central.

I wouldn't count Leslie out so quickly. They went into the Colessium and played Breathitt very close only losing to them once and beating them the other time. They also defeated KCC by 22 while PCC only won by 5. I think this just goes to show that the 14th boils down to who wants it the most.
Post4Two Wrote:I wouldn't count Leslie out so quickly. They went into the Colessium and played Breathitt very close only losing to them once and beating them the other time. They also defeated KCC by 22 while PCC only won by 5. I think this just goes to show that the 14th boils down to who wants it the most.
i agree