Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd Vball Players!!
This upcoming year is going to be just as good as the last for the Lady Raiders....With the loss of some great seniors. Sabrina Reid, Candice Hall, and Tab Tackett, and much more...its gonna be hard to come back..But with the help of the JV coming up..like kasey elkins and tiff tackett, and starters coming back like katie cook, megan castle, and leslie holbrook...Were gonna be on top again!
katie cook is no good!

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:08 pm:

no im playing .. south floyd is going to have it hard comin back from loosing seniors but i know all the girls they can do it.. N i was playing with katie cook ... :wink:
What about Kimberly Howell? She's coming back next year...possibly...depends if the team needs her....
I agree with xtreme3...the girl transferred from B.L to play for a better program and with better players and 99% of the people over there doesn't even know she's there! She started Jv last year alongside both Tiff Tackett and Kasey Elkins and she plays just as hard as they do so why isn't she getting any credit?
Who will be the seniors next season?
um...who cares...lol....j/k
The seniors next year will be Leslie Holbrook, Katie Cook, Megan Castle, Tiffany Tackett, Kasey Elkins, Kimberly Howell...if there's anymore I can't think of them.
wow
what is it?
Looks like they will be an experienced group, and younger players that standout?
Do you mean any insetad of and?

The only young player that stands out in my mind is freshman Stephanie Slone, she plays her heart out and of course you got little AShley Castle, if she keeps up the good work I look for her to be seeing some major court time as well as reconigition.

Keep in mind that out of the 6 seniors I listed for next year...only 3 of them has really had varsity experience...the other three has been kept at Jv level for three years...or in Kim's case...two years...not counting the year on JV she played for Betsy Layne.
Kim could help the team out in some ways....But we will have a pretty steady team this year...Our seniors will show alot of leadership! We have great qualities and will help the the rest of the players..All of are really experienced, some more than others...but we will still be just as good as we were... :wink:
Experience will come from working and playing together.
The more time you are together the better you will be.
Good Luck
Some ways? I guess if that's the team's opinion about her. Keep in mind that she didn't transfer from B.L her sophmore year just to be sat down by her teammates. I think she has shown alot of heart and alot of dedication to the team. She works hard each and every day...in she off-season she works day in and day out to keep her knee in the best possible shape so she can get out there on the court and do her best...you can't really do that when your knee is blown out.
To all the SF volleyball players....You all need to have a meeting/ get together and get in the weight room and startin jumpin rope.! Conditioning is not too far away and we need to start as quick as possible for the upcoming season! Were gonna be number one this year!!! Big Grin
I have a feeling that Smallwood and Little will begin things in a quick way.
spiker_chic you can't do anything until basketball season is over.
DTFan we dont have 2 wait for basketaball 2 be over with...We have the weightroom and the hallways...none of out girls play b-ball really...None of the seniors do...thats what were there for, 2 help the girls...regardless bout if ne other sport is goin on
Oh...well tell me when y'all are going to be doing stuff and I'll stay and work out...god knows I need to get back in shape. I never knew anyone was down there except Candice, Sabrina and Christina. Just let me know!
DTFAN, our system does not work like that just because a kid is a senior does not mean she starts, I agree xtreme3 works hard and may she plenty of court time or might not, right now they are 6 spots open in the starting rotation and none has a granteed spot. Who knows a freshmen from last year could be working harder them some players who think they are starters and knock them down. Playing JV for 3 or 2 years is the best thing for them, Kayla Hall, JV 3 years starter and all conference as a senior, Christina berger no playing time until senior going on to play college at KCU. Conditioning is not practice so it can be done year around without waiting for b-ball to be over, baseball and softball teams are having practice right now and b-ball is not over.

So right now i do not know who is playing and who is not but to anyone who is going to play, workout and be ready becuase things are expected of you now to keep the program moving in the right direction
I have it from a good source that a wicked server enrolled at SF Monday.
If she settles down, goes to camp works anyone can move up for this team.
People who started 25 or 30 games in a row someimes find the pine to be a frindly place.
Coach's love their players but the team comes first.
Doc whos the new girl??? Its always good to have another good player stepping in. Lets get to work girls. We have a regional to win this year and maybe even more! Time to get in shape Big Grin
I'm with spiker_chic...who's the new girl? It's always great to have new players coming in that can help the team and it's always good to make a new friend in the process. I'm dying to get in the weight room and work I can't wait until season starts...I'm ready to get back in the gym to work.
Do you mean you work at spiker_chic?
i think spider chick is a great volleyball player.....hope Sf dominates next year....GO BEEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:i think spider chick is a great volleyball player.....hope Sf dominates next year....GO BEEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well thank u very much Big Grin
Who is this mysterious "wicked" server that enrolled at SF?
South_21...the only new girl I've seen at is Tasha Osborne so maybe that's who this mysterious "wicked" server is...
spiker-chick can not play! She always wants to hold herself back and makes bad decissions, affarid of making someone mad. Shes a chiken and need to become more of an individual before she becomes the player she can be. :lol: