Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbourville Coach Dinky Phipps Retires
jamesdeane Wrote:Dinky Phipps taking on new job? By Bobbie Poynter

Could one of Knox County’s winningest coaches be once again on the sidelines of a local high school basketball team?
Perhaps.
Perhaps not.
Lynn Camp High School’s Athletic Director Danny Green confirmed today that former Barbourville High School basketball coach, Dinky Phipps, has applied for the job as head coach of Lynn Camp’s team.
Green said that at this time there has been no decision made on who will fill the position. No decision, he said, will be made until the school’s principal, Anthony Pennington, returns Monday.
An official announcement of who will be Lynn Camp’s next head basketball coach will be made Monday in the Lynn Camp auditorium.
The Mountain Advocate will be there.

https://www.facebook.com/mountainadvocate?fref=nf

What time is this announcement?
SEKYFAN Wrote:What time is this announcement?

I would think in 60 to 90 days...Just guessing :popcorn:..Need to hired swords back.
SEKYFAN Wrote:What time is this announcement?
Cancelled.

"The suspense continues as Lynn Camp High School officials canceled today’s announcement for whom they’ve chosen as the next high school basketball coach. The school expects to make an announcement later this week."

http://www.mountainadvocate.com/2015/07/...-canceled/
Teaching jobs 30 days. Coaching jobs can be hired whenever.

To say the least Knox County has been interesting the last few years.
Only in Knox Co.
Keep up the good work Knox County.
Now that it's official Dinky, is the new Lynn Camp, boys basketball coach. Who is the lead candidate for the Barbourville, job?
Well so much for retiring to a beach.
I think swords ends up with barb job
Sword, would be good choice for Barbourville.
Hearing it's down to swords and former Knox Central coach, Scott Broughton. His son Tanner played for Bville a couple years ago.
I heard scott also but got a call last night that scott was suppose to apply and call this person as soon as he did and he never called. so I aint so sure now. will see over next few days i guess.
I Hope Eric Swords get a shot at Barbourville. :Cheerlead
insideinfo Wrote:Only in Knox Co.

Unfortunately...NO!!!!

Smile