Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East vs west weekend
Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving and safe travels to everyone coming to enjoy the last weekend of middle school football!

Any predictions on the outcomes of the games this weekend?
I would say the west would be favored , I'm pretty sure the only time the east has won was three years ago when my oldest played and Racelands mike Francis coached
East won last year both games
Wouldn't bet on a West win just yet. East looked really strong. Both lines looked solid, backfield and wideouts have tons of speed, and the QB from Pikeville is a stud. Look forward to Sunday's game. Should be a good one.
7th grade east won 43-6
8th grade west won 27-26
Whoa! Did the realignment move Belfry's 8th to the west?
Really good weekend , finished with a great 8th grade game , kudos to the east coach he did a great job making sure all kids played a lot my son started on defense but they rotated every series.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Whoa! Did the realignment move Belfry's 8th to the west?

No Belfry played with the east . But if any of their kids are playing with team ky they didn't play in the east west game
East 7th Grade coaches did a fantastic job. All the kids played and they seemed like the players really enjoyed the whole experience.
Fantastic 8th grade game (7th too). My son played for the East 8th grade at center but I have to say that I absolutely loved the call to go for 2 from the coaching staff from the West. Score a TD, field goal ties it, but with less than 3 minutes to go in the game decides to go for the win and got it! Gutsy call. Great weekend all around for our players, and parents too. I had a blast just to be able to be there and spend that time with my son. I'm in the military so I don't get a lot of time with him anyway. So Thank You KYMSFA for the fantastic weekend! You guys are a class act.
thanks KYMSFA for great weekend! My boy played for the east 7th grade team at middle linebacker and he had great time. First class all the way this weekend.
twolford29 Wrote:Wouldn't bet on a West win just yet. East looked really strong. Both lines looked solid, backfield and wideouts have tons of speed, and the QB from Pikeville is a stud. Look forward to Sunday's game. Should be a good one.

Peyton Blair is consistent at Qb. He's a good athlete all around able to run, throw, and throw on the run. He played free safety as a 7th grader.
East rotated QB's just like the rest of the team until one got hurt they both were good , both west QB's were the studs though they had great arms and accurate just to bad for them the receivers struggled, the east could've used either one of those guys
Yes I agree all the quarterbacks looked good, I hate that the east QB got hurt he made some things happen with his legs.. I also thought the West's offensive line done an amazing job against the size the East team had on their D-line
Lakers_football Wrote:Yes I agree all the quarterbacks looked good, I hate that the east QB got hurt he made some things happen with his legs.. I also thought the West's offensive line done an amazing job against the size the East team had on their D-line

My son was with the first group on the d line and yes they were huge mines 6"2 290
Who were QB on each team? and who were Mvp of game?
7th grade east running back from south Pulaski and line backer from Johnson county.
Belfry only had 1 play. He played center for the east team. The other that was invited had an ankle injury during a basketball game and wasn't able to attend.
proud44pirate Wrote:Belfry only had 1 play. He played center for the east team. The other that was invited had an ankle injury during a basketball game and wasn't able to attend.

I believe Ashurst played as a LB as well.
CADEREECE Wrote:Who were QB on each team? and who were Mvp of game?

I was told a running back from Boyle Middle school for the 8th grade game.
proud44pirate Wrote:Belfry only had 1 play. He played center for the east team. The other that was invited had an ankle injury during a basketball game and wasn't able to attend.

I'm pretty sure The fullback was from belfry he also played some linebacker
blackandgold4life Wrote:I was told a running back from Boyle Middle school for the 8th grade game.
Both teams had a offensive snd defensive MVP . if your talking about the running back from the west he was pretty dang good easily the fastest kid on the field for either team