Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District Realignment
Moving from the 57th to the 60th is a guarantee of more chances to win the region. That is why they never kicked on it. SC would have made much better sense to move to the 60th anyway. They took the farthest team and moved them which made no sense.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:OK. I'm more familiar with Lick Creek in Lawrence County. :Thumbs:

There is only one true Lick Creek. Home of the Warrior Nation. I'm just playing around don't want to offend anyone.
I like to see 1A kids make it out of here. It says something for the player. school and coach.
baseball1974 Wrote:Haha! Mileage isn't what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the drive time. I use to be able to throw a rock and hit the interstate from my bedroom when I was little, but it still took us five minutes to drive to the ramp. I think the whole class system argument and proposal has a lot to do with the same reasons LC wanted to move to the 15th. They want to be able to bring home the hardware without beating the best teams.

You are right the 16th has better teams, paintsville, jc, pikeville, sheldon clark, prestonsburg and pike central would never be able to compete in the 16th. I don't like lc being in the 60th the teams are not very good and I believe that lc may not lose a district game in the next several years. But you are crazy if you think lc wanted to go to the 60th. Lc being moved to the 60th was all about trying to assure jc and paintsville made it to the regional tournaments in baseball and basketball on regular basis.
And if collecting hardware is the reason lc moved to the 15th region then their plan worked becouse they have sure be bringing it back to louisa on a regular basis.
dawg fan Wrote:You are right the 16th has better teams, paintsville, jc, pikeville, sheldon clark, prestonsburg and pike central would never be able to compete in the 16th. I don't like lc being in the 60th the teams are not very good and I believe that lc may not lose a district game in the next several years. But you are crazy if you think lc wanted to go to the 60th. Lc being moved to the 60th was all about trying to assure jc and paintsville made it to the regional tournaments in baseball and basketball on regular basis.
And if collecting hardware is the reason lc moved to the 15th region then their plan worked becouse they have sure be bringing it back to louisa on a regular basis.

Maybe in the history of things the 16th is better. But over the past 5-8 years, I don't know about that statement.

16th Top Teams (past 5-8 years)
1. Greenup
2. Boyd
3. Ashland
4. East Carter

15th Top Team (past 5-8 years)
1. LC
2. JC
3. Pikeville
4. Paintsville
5. Prestonsburg

Now, if you just look at those teams, no way the 16th is overall better. Maybe the bottom tier teams I'll give you that. But teams like West Carter have only been good the past couple of years and will go back down as soon as this group of kids graduate. They are as bad as the lower level 15th region teams in the past. Russell should be better, but they aren't. Ashland should never struggle, but yet they are. Boyd doesn't have the arms they once had. Greenup is very solid, can't argue against them.

And as for LC being in the 60th, it was good for the region. I don't think they moved LC to make it easier for Pville or JC get in the region. However, it does make for a much better regional tournament when LC, JC, and Paintsville are all in the tourney. As you saw this year.

And please don't say things like "I don't think LC will lose a district game for a few years". Statements like that are not good for anyone. PCC and Belfry are more than capable of beating LC any time out. Don't get me wrong, LC is much better than those teams, especially this coming season with as much as PCC and Belfry lost and LC has returning, but after next year LC will be rebuilding entirely. It will be interesting to see the direction after next year for LC. A very talented middle school team and a very very talented group of 10-11 year olds from what I've been told.
dawg fan Wrote:You are right the 16th has better teams, paintsville, jc, pikeville, sheldon clark, prestonsburg and pike central would never be able to compete in the 16th. I don't like lc being in the 60th the teams are not very good and I believe that lc may not lose a district game in the next several years. But you are crazy if you think lc wanted to go to the 60th. Lc being moved to the 60th was all about trying to assure jc and paintsville made it to the regional tournaments in baseball and basketball on regular basis.

I agree with you, it absolutely worked. Geographically speaking, I think LC should've been the last team from that district to make that particular move. I am sure Paintsville and JC were not happy when LC came over to their district from the 16th, and I am sure Belfry and PCC are not that ecstatic about it either. I know I wouldn't have liked it. The only other reason that makes sense for them to pick LC to go to the 60th is because of the historical aspect of the other teams being in that district for several more years than LC. So it may have turned into a seniority type of thing. That is strictly a guess and nothing else. It could very easily have been a case of LC actually volunteering to make that move, who knows? Maybe someone can fill us in on that part of it?
baseball1974 Wrote:I agree with you, it absolutely worked. Geographically speaking, I think LC should've been the last team from that district to make that particular move. I am sure Paintsville and JC were not happy when LC came over to their district from the 16th, and I am sure Belfry and PCC are not that ecstatic about it either. I know I wouldn't have liked it. The only other reason that makes sense for them to pick LC to go to the 60th is because of the historical aspect of the other teams being in that district for several more years than LC. So it may have turned into a seniority type of thing. That is strictly a guess and nothing else. It could very easily have been a case of LC actually volunteering to make that move, who knows? Maybe someone can fill us in on that part of it?

History of the 57th was a big factor, it was put to the parents in a meeting that lc was the last
One in the 57th so we were the 1st to go. Baseball not a big deal in the travel but going to phelps for the district in basketball was a little demanding on the kids not getting home til after midnight on school nights.
dawg fan Wrote:History of the 57th was a big factor, it was put to the parents in a meeting that lc was the last
One in the 57th so we were the 1st to go. Baseball not a big deal in the travel but going to phelps for the district in basketball was a little demanding on the kids not getting home til after midnight on school nights.

I'm confused by this statement. Looking at the schedule, the boys played Phelps twice (home/away) and both were on a Friday night. The district was played Thursday-Friday. So only once did they play on a school night, and that was district tourney time.
There are also girls teams in the district. And students going to support both the girls and boys teams.
dawg fan Wrote:There are also girls teams in the district. And students going to support both the girls and boys teams.

If you are talking about basketball, again the girls had the same as the boys schedule. Only one game on the weekday where they may have been out late and that was in district tournament. I wouldn't qualify one night as a problem. I felt that all schools (PCC, Belfry, Phelps, LC) all did a great job accommodating each other on travel issues. It seemed to work great this year.