Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elimination Chamber after thoughts.....
I'm sick of The New Day.
The EC match was GREAT!!!!
But it's time for The New Day to go. Their is a difference between being a Face and Heel. But I change the channel when they come out...

Diva's title match was ok... I'm surprised Nikki kept the strap.

Cena vs. Owens was good. Glad to see the NXT talent hitting the main roster. Owens is gonna be a great Heel.

Neville vs. Bo Dallas.... If Neville lost, VKM might as well put him on the ring set-up crew.

Ryback COULD BE A GREAT IC champ. But I don't see it happening.

Rollins vs. Ambrose... Nobody is beating Rollins until Lesnar comes back.
Ambrose is ON FIRE :flame: right now. He could get a jobber over right now.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I don't see why ya gotta hate on The New Day, buddy.

Kofi, Woods and E are all great workers and I honestly think they're hilarious.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't see why ya gotta hate on The New Day, buddy.

Kofi, Woods and E are all great workers and I honestly think they're hilarious.

Never said they weren't good 'workers'.... but I'm sick of their championship run.

The Tag Team division really needs some good new teams.
New Day and that whole division needs work..would've been happy to see The Ascension win the gold
New Day is doing EXACTLY what a heel team is supposed to do! Get on fans nerves! I think Xavier Woods is going to make a great manager someday. Maybe not as good of a mouthpiece as Paul Hehman, but he will be the next great manager who will get guys great heat! I liked how they were booked, and though most on here are too young to remember the Freebirds without watching them on Youtube, I love the 3-man title holder.

Kofi is top five worker in WWE, so he is the workhorse of the group just like Buddy Roberts. I'd like to see Kofi be a little more sneaky and do things behind the refs back to get more heat.

Big is could the the Terry Gordy if he would stop smiling and just be a monster. Be the BIG GUY, be the power guy and pound guys into oblivion.

And Xavier is the moutpiece aka Michael PS Hayes! He will bring heat to the group without ever having to step in the ring.
Stardust Wrote:New Day is doing EXACTLY what a heel team is supposed to do! Get on fans nerves! I think Xavier Woods is going to make a great manager someday. Maybe not as good of a mouthpiece as Paul Hehman, but he will be the next great manager who will get guys great heat! I liked how they were booked, and though most on here are too young to remember the Freebirds without watching them on Youtube, I love the 3-man title holder.

Kofi is top five worker in WWE, so he is the workhorse of the group just like Buddy Roberts. I'd like to see Kofi be a little more sneaky and do things behind the refs back to get more heat.

Big is could the the Terry Gordy if he would stop smiling and just be a monster. Be the BIG GUY, be the power guy and pound guys into oblivion.

And Xavier is the moutpiece aka Michael PS Hayes! He will bring heat to the group without ever having to step in the ring.

The bolded..... Same thing The Honky Tonk man did with his historic IC title run in the late 1980's.

The difference, IMO, between the New Day and the Honky Tonk Man is the fans hated Honky.... they wouldn't leave the arena or turn the channel just because they wanted to see him get beat.

When the New Day comes out, that is my bathroom break or channel surfing time. They might be good 'workers', but their gimmick is so lame. I do like the three members on a Tag Team. I even mentioned the "Freebird Rule" in a prediction thread on a PPV.

The Tag Team division in the weakest in the WWE right now.
The Fabulous Freebirds, Legion of Doom, Demolition, Money Inc., The Natural Disasters, The New Age Outlaws, The Nasty Boyz, The Hart Foundation, Rock N' Roll Express, The Midnight Express, The Fantastics...... Right now, their are NO TAG TEAMS in the WWE that are even close to any of these tag teams I mentioned.
Pulp hits the nail on the head, they may be heels but the gimmick is annoying and is my "get a sandwich" time. It's not worth watching.
New Day appeals to the demographic that has been historically ignored by the WWE. With the focus on New Day and soon to be given a push - Titus O’Neil and Darren Young, the WWE is appealing to the African American audience. So, it's worth watching to some part of the audience......
WWE should be appealing to the entire demographic that watches their show regardless..it's not about appealing to the African-American community, it's about being entertaining and not annoying.
^ You are completely disconnected in socio economics then.... Completely! If you have a part of your audience that is not relating, then you find a means to appease that in order for your business to grow!

Finally, it's wrestling. It's annoying to you, it's entertaining to someone else! John Cena is hated by some, Loved by others! The Dive's division could go away completely and I would never miss it. But teenage boys love it. It's about persepctive, and yours and mine differ. New Day is excellent and I enjoy watching them. Go to the bathroom when they come on and you will miss something. That's fine!
I don't consider myself disconnected from social-economics at all..I personally have black family members who watch WWE whom I talk to weekly and some consider the New Day idea "boring" or flat out racist because each member portrays the stereotype of some social form of black men today. Not all people regardless of color like this idea of New Day and that comes from black family members that I have this discussion with.
Alright, I just went over and talked to two work buddy's who both follow WWE (they actually watch the PPV's together). My African American friend loves it, and does agree that it is a play on African Americans. But he put it best, Pro Wrestling pokes fun at all aspects of society - Black, White, Gay, Abuser, Satan - yet, we get it! It's a work. As for him, he enjoys New Day and wants to see them beat. So, to follow-up on you comment, not all people, regardless of color dis-like this idea of New Day, that that comes from black friends that I have had this discussion with.

Really, it's a work SB. I said, if you don't like, then turn the channel. I hate the Kardashians, so I change the channel. But my wife loves it! Who's wrong? NO ONE!!!!
I completely agree Stardust..my two step brothers are whom I discuss wrestling with and just like them and us not everyone like everything...they are big fans of the Primetime Players and I'm sure some aren't..I personally love the discussion of what some people think works and what doesn't work when it comes to sports entertainment..in the end I can justify and appreciate every pro wrestler in any organization because in the end they are just doing what they think is right and best for them and their character..I'm sure 2 months from now for some reason I'll start loving New Day when they do something cool.
I honestly think New Day need to hold on to the titles for a while.

How can you make an argument that they've had them long enough? They've only had the titles a couple months.

The WWE made New Day super, super baby face to start off and then went goofy heel and it was perfect.
^ Ditto