Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just waiting for the train wreck to come
This Reds team is in a BAD spot. First it's got almost all it's money tied up in Votto, Bailey, Bruce, and Phillips. It's minor league system is ranked in the bottom 3rd of MLB. When this years All-Star break comes, BOTH Cueto and Leake will be gone as well. The one thing I am very worried about is that the Cabbage Man is going to hold onto these players to long, and injury, or a worse deal, etc. is going to happen. Bobby Boy is SOOooooooooooo worried about this years All-Star game, there is no way in hell he starts blowing this team up, until after the break. ALL MLB teams realize Cueto and Leake will both walk after the season, and each day the Reds DON'T trade one of these players, there value goes down for the Reds. The only thing I think that can be done to keep this Reds organization at or above the .500 mark the next few years, is a major trade. meaning when you trade Cueto, or Leake, you must try to involve Bruce, and Phillips in some way, in the trade. I realize Phillips can say no, but the Braves should be a player when it comes to Leake, and Brandon is from Georgia. All in All this organization has screwed itself with these contracts, especially it's latest with Bailey. Jockerty hasn't done a very good job either. This organization needs to focus on the next 5-7 years, and do what needs to be done now, including it's minor league levels, top to bottom, and stop with the plugging of holes with guys like Ludwick, and Byrd. This organization needs to take a step back, and decide what's the next steps should be, and not just put lip stick on this same pig every year, and pretend that this is the year, for some (MAGICAL) season, with these current players, who have NEVER, EVER won a playoff series. The time to cut bait has come, and it should start ASAP, if not sooner. OK, I feel a little bit better now, just a little.:igiveup: