Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County Hornets
How do you feel about the job that Magoffin's new coach did with that group this season? I personaaly think he did a great job and brought discipline back to Magoffin football and Magoffin has a bright future.
i agree with u Mr. Sports
Keep working hard and things will happen.
I see them making the playoffs this year.
Chester did a great job
Hit the weights hard this offseason and Magoffin should have a good year
In my opinion Coach McCoy is one of the up and coming coaches and already has this program on the uprise. He has been an excellent hire for my Hornets, Magoffin County has the talent, the last two years I believe the middle school has won about 16 or 17 games, and beat Belfry once, and has been pretty successful in the post season, we just need someone to keep that talent in tact, and I think if anyone can accomplish this, it would be Coach McCoy.
Chester is a good guy and he knows football and weights. He will have Magoffin County where they should be in a couple of years.
i feel that next year the hornets will be competing in the state playoffs......
magic man Wrote:i feel that next year the hornets will be competing in the state playoffs......

State playoffs??? I don't know about that... They have to make it out of district first... If Magoffin has a succesful offseason and gets the guys out to play, they could very well have a good offseason
Good-Luck next year guys
Coach McCoy did a great job this year and I wish him nothing but luck in the future. I just hope he will be able to keep his up and coming players there instead of them jumping ship as one has already jumped to JC at the Middle School level!
were better than what we have done..finally football im MC
look for the hornets to be extremly tough next yr......
magic man Wrote:look for the hornets to be extremly tough next yr......

Always nice to see local teams do good
OffTheHook Wrote:Coach McCoy did a great job this year and I wish him nothing but luck in the future. I just hope he will be able to keep his up and coming players there instead of them jumping ship as one has already jumped to JC at the Middle School level!
Who left?
The Fan Wrote:Who left?

Josh Hall. I believe that is his name. he was the starting QB on the Middle School Team. He is now at JCMS. I saw him playing basketball for them.
Magoffin County will have a solid year next year as they continue to grow and work to be a competitive team. All of the foundation blocks (figurative) are being laid to have a very competitive ball club at Magoffin County. Coach McCoy is doing a great job. Kids are working extremely hard. the next big step will be up to the principals at the grade schools to really lend a helping hand with the elementary program that is to start up next year. The administration is being extremly helpful. The issues that administration will have to focus on in the next two years are:

1. Organized Elementary and Middle School Program

2. Qualified Coaches at every level.

3. Numbers, Numbers, Numbers...........Had a competitive JV team this
year. Goal is within two-three years have enough kids to field a Freshman
team that plays only a freshman schedule.

4. State of the art multi-purpose athletic center that would house a
proficient weight room, medical training area, locker rooms, offices, indoor
facility, etc.

This is a short list of needs with #4 being more of a want, but if you look around, schools are beginning to realize that it truly is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS. Make these young peoples lives as special as you can and PROVIDE them the OPPORTUNITY to succeed. Will everything be achieved? Maybe not, but I know this administration is dedicated to making a change and i believe it will happen.

Anyway, I predict 6-4 next year and the Hornets make their first trip to the playoffs since 1995. :Thumbs:
MCDADDY Wrote:Magoffin County will have a solid year next year as they continue to grow and work to be a competitive team. All of the foundation blocks (figurative) are being laid to have a very competitive ball club at Magoffin County. Coach McCoy is doing a great job. Kids are working extremely hard. the next big step will be up to the principals at the grade schools to really lend a helping hand with the elementary program that is to start up next year. The administration is being extremly helpful. The issues that administration will have to focus on in the next two years are:

1. Organized Elementary and Middle School Program

2. Qualified Coaches at every level.

3. Numbers, Numbers, Numbers...........Had a competitive JV team this
year. Goal is within two-three years have enough kids to field a Freshman
team that plays only a freshman schedule.

4. State of the art multi-purpose athletic center that would house a
proficient weight room, medical training area, locker rooms, offices, indoor
facility, etc.

This is a short list of needs with #4 being more of a want, but if you look around, schools are beginning to realize that it truly is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS. Make these young peoples lives as special as you can and PROVIDE them the OPPORTUNITY to succeed. Will everything be achieved? Maybe not, but I know this administration is dedicated to making a change and i believe it will happen.

Anyway, I predict 6-4 next year and the Hornets make their first trip to the playoffs since 1995. :Thumbs:

I agree with you except the 6-4 part you lost me their magoffin county will grow into a good team eventually but as for going 6-4 next season i highly doubt it. i say they go about 4-6.
Coach Mccoy done a great job this year. He is a great coach and an even better man. I played baseball when he helped coach at central and am very good friends with his son. Just dont let Coach hit you ground balls in a gym you will leave with a black eye.:lmao:

But congrats to him on a good year and i look for them to improve again every year for years to come under his direction.
warriorpride Wrote:I agree with you except the 6-4 part you lost me their magoffin county will grow into a good team eventually but as for going 6-4 next season i highly doubt it. i say they go about 4-6.

Have you seen Magoffin's schedule for 07? I am certain you haven't. Well I have seen the unofficial schedule and 6-4 is very attainable. One district win will also probably get them in the playoffs.
MCDADDY Wrote:Have you seen Magoffin's schedule for 07? I am certain you haven't. Well I have seen the unofficial schedule and 6-4 is very attainable. One district win will also probably get them in the playoffs.

So tell me who are the 6 games they will win against i could see them going 2-2 in district maybe! with wins over Pike Central and East Ridge, and definit loses to Belfry and Sheldon Clark, so who whould be the other 4 teams they beat and the other 2 teams they lose.
i think maggoffin might be decent this year
I'm very supportive of this team and coaching staff... Good luck next season, MC.
warriorpride Wrote:So tell me who are the 6 games they will win against i could see them going 2-2 in district maybe! with wins over Pike Central and East Ridge, and definit loses to Belfry and Sheldon Clark, so who whould be the other 4 teams they beat and the other 2 teams they lose.

Here is the Hornets 07 schedule

South Floyd - Away
Allen Central - Home
Pike Central - Home
Morgan County - Home
Sheldon Clark - Home
Evangel Christian - Home
Belfry - Home
Open
East Ridge - Away
Estill County - Away
Phelps - Home

Now, I am not saying who they can and can not beat. Their non-district opponents have a combined 2006 record of 16-47. Of those six games versus non-district opponents, four of them are at home. Now, with that, I can see Magoffin County going 6-4. I also think they will get one district win which will also put them in the playoffs.
Pike Central, East Ridge, and Magoffifn Co will be an interesting race for playoffs.
MCDADDY Wrote:Here is the Hornets 07 schedule

South Floyd - Away
Allen Central - Home
Pike Central - Home
Morgan County - Home
Sheldon Clark - Home
Evangel Christian - Home
Belfry - Home
Open
East Ridge - Away
Estill County - Away
Phelps - Home

Now, I am not saying who they can and can not beat. Their non-district opponents have a combined 2006 record of 16-47. Of those six games versus non-district opponents, four of them are at home. Now, with that, I can see Magoffin County going 6-4. I also think they will get one district win which will also put them in the playoffs.

Ok maybe your right than lol. Now i can totally see them going 6-4 i can see them beating

South Floyd - Away W
Allen Central - Home W
Pike Central - Home L
Morgan County - Home W
Sheldon Clark - Home L
Evangel Christian - Home W
Belfry - Home L
Open
East Ridge - Away L
Estill County - Away W
Phelps - Home W

That looks about right to me and i can auctlly see them going 6-4 now!
I think they will win 1 or 2 district games I don't see them going 0-4.
warriorpride Wrote:Ok maybe your right than lol. Now i can totally see them going 6-4 i can see them beating

South Floyd - Away W
Allen Central - Home W
Pike Central - Home L
Morgan County - Home W
Sheldon Clark - Home L
Evangel Christian - Home W
Belfry - Home L
Open
East Ridge - Away L
Estill County - Away W
Phelps - Home W

That looks about right to me and i can auctlly see them going 6-4 now!

i'm gonna say 7-3.....dont think that east ridge game will result in a "L"
magic man Wrote:i'm gonna say 7-3.....dont think that east ridge game will result in a "L"

the only reason we lost that game is because our varsity thought they had a easy win they think there the colts and magoffin is the raiders but looked at what happend i promis that wont happen next year. Mark my words...