Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss Basketball in 15th?
If any who has a shot this season and being named Miss Basketball out of this 15th region? Remember this is opinions so lets keep the arguing to a minimum!!:rockon:
imo noone
IF any I think that Mann girl from Magoffin, but she is not close to Miss B-ball material!
East KY teams don't get enough attention right now to garner a Miss Basketball. IMO I don't think anyone in the 15th is close to anyone who is considered a front runner for the title right now.
whats the chances in the next few years...i mean with the talent level going up with these girls and teams getting invites to the Fifth Third Tourny the largest X-Mas tourny in the state that has to turn some heads some where right?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:whats the chances in the next few years...i mean with the talent level going up with these girls and teams getting invites to the Fifth Third Tourny the largest X-Mas tourny in the state that has to turn some heads some where right?

I'm a believer that success breeds success. If a team within the next few years gets some wins in the state tourney or maybe beats some of the top teams around the state then kids will start to get noticed. The talent level right now in the 15th is as high as it has ever been, however, many outside the coaching profession don't know about the Howards and Manns from Magoffin, or any other names from other teams. Start winning in the state tournament and big things will follow.
eaglehoops Wrote:I'm a believer that success breeds success. If a team within the next few years gets some wins in the state tourney or maybe beats some of the top teams around the state then kids will start to get noticed. The talent level right now in the 15th is as high as it has ever been, however, many outside the coaching profession don't know about the Howards and Manns from Magoffin, or any other names from other teams. Start winning in the state tournament and big things will follow.

good post eaglehoops
If anyone probably Ashley J. Howard or Haley Ratliff, but the sad thing is these girls could outplay probably any of those big name players from the Lexington and Louisville are schools, these girls along with a few other players(Brittany Manns, Michaela Howard, Kendra Carroll, ect.) have tons of talent and if they played for a big name school they would be in major consideration, this region and are has tons of talent but no one takes time to notice it and give them credit. I watched Merideth Marsh play last year (currently plays at Vanderbilt, and heavy contender for Miss. Basketball in 06) and I am confident a there are a few players in the 15th that could outplay her any day of the week. Not to put her down, but I believe this region has that kind of talent, it is just sad no one wants to give this area credit.
Well, if anyone in this region wants to get recognized then their teams are gonna have to start goin off and play in good tournaments and away games like Magoffin did last year. When you stay around here and play weak teams outside your region you won't get any recognition.
The 15th is loaded with talent, but no reconigation. Howard, Moon, Ratliff the list goes on but that just don't get noticed enough on a state level.
Redneck Wrote:Well, if anyone in this region wants to get recognized then their teams are gonna have to start goin off and play in good tournaments and away games like Magoffin did last year. When you stay around here and play weak teams outside your region you won't get any recognition.

have u looked at Pike Central's schedule for this season?? if not then u need to
No one will take notice until a team makes a serious run at the title, or until a player is so good that they dominate night in and out by a substantial margin.
well J time you have Ratliff and Howard two girls who last year were avg around 20-30 pts per game around 9-10 assists 5 or so steals and Ratliff was pulling down about 9 rebs...
Those to girls are great players. If one of them girls played for a school like a Lexington team then they could possibly win it. For a girl to win it from the 15th they haft to win the state championship. Until A 15th team wins one though, Miss Basketball will stay with teams from Lexington, Louisville, and other big schools. But these to girls are a couple of top 10 players in the state and I have so much respect for the way they lead their teams. Can't wait to see a reigional championship rematch.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:have u looked at Pike Central's schedule for this season?? if not then u need to

I looked it up, looks like they got a couple good games outside the region as does Magoffin County.
yea they both do
It will only help them in the long run.
yes i know thats my point to everyone on this site lol
Magoffin, Pike Central along with a couple other teams play a tough schedule, Magoffins first game of the season was against a Louisville school.
yeah agreed mcfan i would have loved to have seen Goffin play in the 5th 3rd...but i think its invite only so idk if they didnt get the invite or rather did not have room on their schedule...Imo they need to b in it b-4 PC and im a PC alumni lol
Esther Fleming from SV
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah agreed mcfan i would have loved to have seen Goffin play in the 5th 3rd...but i think its invite only so idk if they didnt get the invite or rather did not have room on their schedule...Imo they need to b in it b-4 PC and im a PC alumni lol
Magoffin played in it last year, the first game they lost in overtime ( the worst called basketball game I have ever seen), they won the second against Rowan Co., beat Rose Hill in the third game ( had a 17 point lead late in the third qtr.), and in the 4th game blew a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game, these schools can compete with tough competition, best of luck to PC in this very tough tournament, they are very deserving to play in it.
mcfan1 Wrote:Magoffin played in it last year, the first game they lost in overtime ( the worst called basketball game I have ever seen), they won the second against Rowan Co., beat Rose Hill in the third game ( had a 17 point lead late in the third qtr.), and in the 4th game blew a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game, these schools can compete with tough competition, best of luck to PC in this very tough tournament, they are very deserving to play in it.

thanks for that tid bit of info...yeah first game they have a very tough sacred heart team so we will see how that goes lol...
dreamin_64 Wrote:The 15th is loaded with talent, but no reconigation. Howard, Moon, Ratliff the list goes on but that just don't get noticed enough on a state level.
I agree totally.
Unless the 15th starts doing something when it comes state tourney time we will never get any recognition. We have some good girls in the area but besides the Hazard station nobody covers us. Nobody watches the Hazard station except for people in the mountains. It is good that the teams are getting out of the mountains and playing some teams that will showcase their talents. Good luck to the the teams this year.
if the 15th is so loaded with talent why dont they take state sometime soon??
the 15th simply cannot compete on the same level as the central and western ky teams
i disagree with u Panther Thunder if you look at the past 3 regional champs they have all started around 3-4 underclassmen...now that these girls have matured you will see many of these teams compete better at state...the problem is the 15th is loaded but the talent is so spread out...you have Ashley Jade prob top 5 player in the state and Haley who is up there as well...Ester Fleming from valley...Once u get up state the teams all have girls about 6 deep who are on these girls level
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i disagree with u Panther Thunder if you look at the past 3 regional champs they have all started around 3-4 underclassmen...now that these girls have matured you will see many of these teams compete better at state...the problem is the 15th is loaded but the talent is so spread out...you have Ashley Jade prob top 5 player in the state and Haley who is up there as well...Ester Fleming from valley...Once u get up state the teams all have girls about 6 deep who are on these girls level
Ashley Jade, of course!!
No one will win miss basketball from the 13, 14, or the 15 region. The 16th might have a girl but unless you are from one of the Lexington area schools or a Lousville school you havent got a chance!
i agree with most, these teams need to get noticed more on a larger level, they need to play bigger schedules. we have the talent to do so. :rockon: