Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Bengal arrested
Is anybody surprised. Marvin really knows how to keep control of his players.

HOUSTON -- Cincinnati Bengals rookie wide receiver Reggie McNeal was arrested in Houston and charged with resisting arrest after being refused entrance to a nightclub early Sunday.

....Ortiz said McNeal approached two officers who were standing near the entrance and became unruly when the officers told him the club was closing. McNeal "became aggressive and started using profanity" when the officers refused to let him enter, Ortiz said.

McNeal walked away, then approached the officers again and elbowed one of them in the chest. Officers detected "a strong odor of alcohol" from McNeal, police said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2685643
He is not the only one that has been in trouble in the NFL as of late. I find it very funny that you only post the ones from the Bengals! It is very apparent that you hate them.

Here are a few other stories that you missed! I guess it might have had something to do with the fact that it wasn't a Bengal player!

Jets OL Jones admits mistake in DWI arrest

Chargers' Merriman returns from suspension

Packers' Robinson suspended one year
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:He is not the only one that has been in trouble in the NFL as of late. I find it very funny that you only post the ones from the Bengals! It is very apparent that you hate them.

Here are a few other stories that you missed! I guess it might have had something to do with the fact that it wasn't a Bengal player!

Jets OL Jones admits mistake in DWI arrest

Chargers' Merriman returns from suspension

Packers' Robinson suspended one year

Thank you, someone else finally sees what I see. And, 1. it's not like he's a franchise player or a big part of the team, he has, what? 0 catches for how many yards?? How many TDs?? Maybe his problems are the reason he's not getting any pt. 2. how sure are you that this story's even accurate 3. even if it is accurate, who cares, see number 1.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Its vital because it's the Bengals. A team that many on this site follow, and a team that has had 5 times the arrests of every other team in the NFL.

You may find it funny BelfryJustice, but I find it funnier that one team has that many arrests and problems.

Why does no other single team have this many problems?
alfus21 Wrote:Its vital because it's the Bengals. A team that many on this site follow, and a team that has had 5 times the arrests of every other team in the NFL.

You may find it funny BelfryJustice, but I find it funnier that one team has that many arrests and problems.

Why does no other single team have this many problems?

As I have pointed out in other threads, a few of them were mis-understandings. If you'd like to show me a team whose players do nothing wrong, even if they don't get caught, feel free to mention them. I, of course, have no proof of it, but maybe the Bengals just aren't good at being criminals.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:As I have pointed out in other threads, a few of them were mis-understandings. If you'd like to show me a team whose players do nothing wrong, even if they don't get caught, feel free to mention them. I, of course, have no proof of it, but maybe the Bengals just aren't good at being criminals.

I think you got that right man. I just think it's comical how many misunderstandings there are and how many times they get caught. Sorry.
alfus21 Wrote:I think you got that right man. I just think it's comical how many misunderstandings there are and how many times they get caught. Sorry.

It's stupid to keep arguing with someone who has a mindset that doesn't come out of reasoning, it just comes out of hate. The Bengals have had problems, more than I'd like to admit, but it's not like it's everyone on the team and it's not like it's the players who are the face of the Bengals.

Like I said, look at his stats from this year, he wasn't even really a part of the team. Furthermore, how do you know that his off-field troubles weren't a cause for his lack of use by the team??
BFritz Wrote:It's stupid to keep arguing with someone who has a mindset that doesn't come out of reasoning, it just comes out of hate. The Bengals have had problems, more than I'd like to admit, but it's not like it's everyone on the team and it's not like it's the players who are the face of the Bengals.

Like I said, look at his stats from this year, he wasn't even really a part of the team. Furthermore, how do you know that his off-field troubles weren't a cause for his lack of use by the team??

It comes from comedy in this instance. How could this team be so out of control?

It doesn't matter if he is the face of the Bengals or not, he is on the team and a lack of control is obvious with this team.

And as for your main last statement. Smile Absolutely ridiculous.
Sad when the last thing a coach has to tell his team in a huddle in the locker room is to come back in 1 piece and he better not get any disturbing phone calls. Well guess what...HE GOT YET ANOTHER ONE!
Bengals have abunch of rednecks on their team that have alot of off the field problems.
I think they would be called thugs, lol..
alfus21 Wrote:And as for your main last statement. Smile Absolutely ridiculous.

Ok, how do you know that the reason he hasn't had anything positive happen in games or hasn't even really been on the field isn't because of his off-field troubles??
BFritz Wrote:Ok, how do you know that the reason he hasn't had anything positive happen in games or hasn't even really been on the field isn't because of his off-field troubles??

I don't know, and neither do you. That's an awful big assumption.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know, and neither do you. That's an awful big assumption.

Actually, it's not that big of an assumption at all. As for your comment that "the team is out of control," how many players are on the team? Few players may have been in a trouble, maybe a good amount, but what percentage of the team is that?? Maybe 10? Maybe not even? Maybe a little more? How does that qualify as the team being out of control??
BFritz Wrote:Actually, it's not that big of an assumption at all. As for your comment that "the team is out of control," how many players are on the team? Few players may have been in a trouble, maybe a good amount, but what percentage of the team is that?? Maybe 10? Maybe not even? Maybe a little more? How does that qualify as the team being out of control??

Maybe because no other team in the league's numbers can stack up to the Bengals when it comes to getting into trouble.
alfus21 Wrote:Maybe because no other team in the league's numbers can stack up to the Bengals when it comes to getting into trouble.

Please go back and address my question instead of avoiding it........ We all just hear aboutt the Bengals' troubles more...... But how does that qualify as the whole team? Your above post doesn't answer that question
It doesn't have to be the whole team. It reflects badly though that even 10% has gotten into trouble when the rest of the league's teams isn't getting into trouble like this. It's a much bigger deal with the Bengals and anybody that isn't stuck up their butts would know that.

What is different with the Bengals? Why can't that just stop getting into trouble?

I know you don't want to admit it, but the Bengals have discipline issues.
alfus21 Wrote:It doesn't have to be the whole team. It reflects badly though that even 10% has gotten into trouble when the rest of the league's teams isn't getting into trouble like this. It's a much bigger deal with the Bengals and anybody that isn't stuck up their butts would know that.

What is different with the Bengals? Why can't that just stop getting into trouble?

I know you don't want to admit it, but the Bengals have discipline issues.

They have a few discipline issues. People make mistakes, sometimes they just get caught for it. With the Bengals, it's all happening at once, and there are some discipline issues, but, go back and add up all the team's in the NFL's dicpline issues over past years and I guarantee that the only reason the Bengals would even be near average is because this year would be averaged in and they've had some problems. Has it been any of the people who are said to be the face of the Bengals? Has it been any of the big name players (Henry's a #3 receiver, that's the closest you'll come). The big names are Housh, 7/11, Carson, Rudi, Sam Adams, etc.

You hate the Bengals and try to think that because a few people messed up that it makes the whole bad. You look for any reason that you can find to hate on the Bengals. While you're looking up all the mistakes they make, why don't you look up how many volunteer and donate to charity and post about that?? Or how many just good, community driven family men there are on the team??
Yeah I pretty much hate the Bengals, that's no secret.

I won't post charity/volunteer, etc. because it's a given that every team in the NFL has good people that do that on their teams.

Not every team has a player get arrested every month for something. That's what this is. It's news. It was on ESPN, Cbs Sportsline, and all the other websites. I'm just the messenger here pal. No need to get pissy about it.

Did you think that this just should be ignored and pushed under the rug or something? Either way I posted it, it's hilarious to me, and it's sad that a team has this many criminals on it. Impact players or not.

I posted my thoughts on it, and have said all I can. I'm done.