Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reno's/Pikeville College Tournament
I don't know the scores, but here is who won each game.

Game 1: AB Combs beat Mullins

Game 2: Magoffin County beat Elkhorn City

Game 3: Johnson County beat Pikeville

Game 4: June Buchanan beat Hindman by forfeit (Hindman didn't show up)

Game 5: Louisa beat Virgie

Game 6: Millard beat Mountain Christian

Game 7: Belfry beat Paintsville

Game 8: Dorton beat Adams

Pike County teams are very down overall this year, and they only came out with 3 wins tonight. Should be some good games in the next couple of rounds. I think the Johnson County/June Buchanan game will be fun to watch. The top bracket is definitely loaded. I watched Belfry play tonight, and I was really impressed. They have a much better team than people are giving them credit for. Dorton was beaten handily at Paintsville the other night, and Belfry really handed it to Paintsville tonight. Paintsville looked like a completely different team.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't know the scores, but here is who won each game.

Pike County teams are very down overall this year, and they only came out with 3 wins tonight. Should be some good games in the next couple of rounds. I think the Johnson County/June Buchanan game will be fun to watch. The top bracket is definitely loaded. I watched Belfry play tonight, and I was really impressed. They have a much better team than people are giving them credit for. Dorton was beaten handily at Paintsville the other night, and Belfry really handed it to Paintsville tonight. Paintsville looked like a completely different team.
When will the second round be played?
The first 2 quarterfinal games will be played on Monday night, and the second 2 will be played on Tuesday night. I believe the semis are on Thursday, with the finals set for Saturday.
Anyone know who won the AB Combs/Magoffin Co. game or the Johnson Co./June Buchanan game tonight?
Anyone with the results of Monday night's games???
games are 2 day at pville college im headin out for the watch millard belfry and Ab combs im predicting some good games.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't know the scores, but here is who won each game.

Paintsville played so bad, that their coach sent 2 starters and another 8th grader to the lockroom at the end of the 3rd quarter. He played his bottom 5 out of 15 almost the entire 2nd half. When they play together and do as he says, they are a very good team. Just ask Dorton. They for some reason just can't get it clicking. They have one of the biggest front lines in the area. They will be fine though as the season goes on. Keep your heads up boys. :Thumbs:
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville played so bad, that their coach sent 2 starters and another 8th grader to the lockroom at the end of the 3rd quarter. He played his bottom 5 out of 15 almost the entire 2nd half. When they play together and do as he says, they are a very good team. Just ask Dorton. They for some reason just can't get it clicking. They have one of the biggest front lines in the area. They will be fine though as the season goes on. Keep your heads up boys. :Thumbs:

I will second that! Paintsville laid it to Dorton, but when I watched them play Belfry they looked like a completely different team. I felt like a liar because I had told most people who asked that Paintsville was tough and then they looked like that against Belfry.
Who knows about Belfry, besides the Johnson Central game I don't think they have been tested.

Maybe they will be tonight.
I think they have been tested in Martin Co. Several good close ballgames over there.
If your talking about the Inez game, well ask around.......
JD If U Please Wrote:Who knows about Belfry, besides the Johnson Central game I don't think they have been tested.

Maybe they will be tonight.

Dorton is down quite a bit this year over the past 7 or 8 years. Their record is 3-4. They will have a hard time competing with the speed and size of Belfry.
On Monday, AB Combs defeated Magoffin County and Johnson County defeated June Buchanan. Tonight Louisa defeated Millard 50-38 and Belfry defeated Dorton 49-29. The semis will be played on Thursday night. Good luck to all 4 teams. Represent Pike County well Belfry!
JD If U Please Wrote:If your talking about the Inez game, well ask around.......

I was there. Ask around about what?
Nice Win tonight Belfry! I've seen you play better ball but Nice Win.

Good Luck Thursday! Are we all thats left in Pike Co?
How many students does Belfry Middle have???
What grades??
fox sports Wrote:How many students does Belfry Middle have???
What grades??

Grades 6-8...about 540 students.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Grades 6-8...about 540 students.
Big School!!!
Thursday night winners:A.B.Combs beat Johnson Central and Belfry beat Louisa .Two good games but some of the worst officiating I ever saw.Overall bad calls for everybody.
cobra67 Wrote:Thursday night winners:A.B.Combs beat Johnson Central and Belfry beat Louisa .Two good games but some of the worst officiating I ever saw.Overall bad calls for everybody.
OMG You've got that right!
what was the scores in these games?
lets just say belfry didnt have the toughest bracket there is
panther- Wrote:lets just say belfry didnt have the toughest bracket there is
You need some cheese to go with that whine? Geez!
Who won the championship between AB Combs and Belfry tonight?
cobra67 Wrote:You need some cheese to go with that whine? Geez!

I didn't think it was whining. Belfry in fact had a very easy bracket to the finals. You didn't say you disagreed.:dontthink
Belfry lost to AB Conbs in the Champ. game by 13-16 pts.

Came out very nervous as this is the first championship game the basketball team (or any Belfry middle school boys basketball team) has played in since Keith May coached Turkey Creek.

Cut the lead to 6 in the third but just missed too many shots and FT's to win the ball game.

As far as easy bracket, we played who we had too

Belfry will play anyone in that top bracket ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!
ab is good