•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Fires Football Coach.
Cellking Wrote:At this point in time this is not about who's to blame.:Shaking: It's about fixing the problem and damage control. Unless something is done fast this will be 2 out of last 3 years our kids have gone through Spring without a Coach. That means the man in charge for the next year will not be there. That means no wt. program or plyo's.:flush: Therefore our kids will get farther behind because anyone with half a program is at work right now, getting ready for the next year. Hope things work out and soon. Go Raiders.

This is just unbelievable, how in the world could a principal be so irresponsible. Why did she wait so long to let Coach Galloway go if she knew she was going to do let him go? Why did they let him go? Why not give him more time now we are in a mess with no apparent replacement. They have to open it, get a teaching job it could be June before they get someone. I don't understand what she and the ad are thinking here. I feel so bad for our kids wow
Payne is in the building already maybe he would take it or at least get weight room going
Lilly Wrote:Till Robert Jones is gone nothing will change. Write it down.

I would add ms. Privett to that list too. It is her school she is the one responsible for ensuring our kids get a meaningful playing experience she and the ad have been pathetic absolutely pathetic when it comes to our football program, our kids deserve better. Fire a coach in late March and now it could take months to get a replacement just not right to our kids. I am gonna look into this more with school offiials and board I and many others want answers this is BS
As a former player I am ashamed
not only do our kids have to wait until possibly June for a head coach how long will it take before he get quality assistants?
No playoffs, 9 games and no head coach it is almost April I can't believe this. Why is the principal and ad not communicating anything? What about the kids how unfair
Cellking Wrote:Some names being thrown around: My take on them. JMO (Hate that Coach Galloway is gone)

Clinton Gay : Would not consider the Job with current
administration in charge. Reason he retired last time.

James Payne : Would not consider Job with current Administration, passed over twice for job.

Justin Bozeman: Would not consider Job with current Administration, They ran him off when he left and went to Whitley County.

People who want to ponder what the McCreary County Administration will do, Good Luck.

If they could get Boze back that would be a home run! The kids love him, one of the best coach we ever had, but I doubt he would come back. Payne is in the building maybe he could get something rolling.
[QUOTE][I would add ms. Privett to that list too. It is her school she is the one responsible for ensuring our kids get a meaningful playing experience she and the ad have been pathetic absolutely pathetic when it comes to our football program, our kids deserve better. Fire a coach in late March and now it could take months to get a replacement just not right to our kids. I am gonna look into this more with school offiials and board I and many others want answers this is BS /QUOTE]

This program was in a mess long before Mrs. Privett was principal and as someone who is close to the program I will say she is doing what she thinks is best for the kids, I think she always has the kids best interest at heart when she makes these decisions and this one will not make everybody happy , but when you are in a position like principal everything you do is not going to please everyone. I hope MCHS finds success on the football field but until everyone who says they care about the program gets behind it nothing will ever change.
Cellking someone needs to gather a public forum with the board and concerned parents and demand answers get the papers involved. The principal and ad need to be held accountable for this travesty against our kids.
Quote:[I would add ms. Privett to that list too. It is her school she is the one responsible for ensuring our kids get a meaningful playing experience she and the ad have been pathetic absolutely pathetic when it comes to our football program, our kids deserve better. Fire a coach in late March and now it could take months to get a replacement just not right to our kids. I am gonna look into this more with school offiials and board I and many others want answers this is BS /QUOTE]

This program was in a mess long before Mrs. Privett was principal and as someone who is close to the program I will say she is doing what she thinks is best for the kids, I think she always has the kids best interest at heart when she makes these decisions and this one will not make everybody happy , but when you are in a position like principal everything you do is not going to please everyone. I hope MCHS finds success on the football field but until everyone who says they care about the program gets behind it nothing will ever change.

I appreciate what you are saying but there is no way she has there best interest of the kids right now if she does she has no idea what she is doing, our kids are paying the price for this incompetence. This was a 7-3 team 6 seasons ago and she and the ad have single handily destroyed it 5 years later. How can you a fire a coach in May, get out of district, and have no head coach for our boys and say she and the ad have best interest for our kids. No way
Kyrj

How can we get behind it? We have no head coach and no district she chews coachs up and spits them out and the ad plays puppet boy. There is nothing to get behind except our boys who are left out in the cold again. Stop worrying about her and worry about the injustice being carried out on our boys, when are the boys gonna be the focus. Shed some light so we can see.
1988 Raider Player Wrote:If they could get Boze back that would be a home run! The kids love him, one of the best coach we ever had, but I doubt he would come back. Payne is in the building maybe he could get something rolling.

Why would he come back ?? These same people ran him off. There is no way they would want him back.:truestory:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Why would he come back ?? These same people ran him off. There is no way they would want him back.:truestory:

I know that is why I said i doubt he comes back. If he did that would be great. I think payne would be a quick logical hire at this stage in the game not sure he would be the right fit but they could give it a try there is no other option I see.
1988 Raider Player Wrote:If they could get Boze back that would be a home run! The kids love him, one of the best coach we ever had, but I doubt he would come back. Payne is in the building maybe he could get something rolling.

The word in Stearns, Justin Bozeman will be the next head coach. The deal was cut last week by her husband last week. The husband is running the athletic programs at MCHS. Bozeman was 0-20 his last two years at MCHS as the head coach. How is this a home run? Until the adminstation brings in a young head coach, from a winning program things will not change! MCHS needs a young coach trying to make his own name and prove to the world I can coach! No better place to prove it, than MCHS.

I am not bashing anyone, just giving my two cents.
BossEric Wrote:The word in Stearns, Justin Bozeman will be the next head coach. The deal was cut last week by her husband last week. The husband is running the athletic programs at MCHS. Bozeman was 0-20 his last two years at MCHS as the head coach. How is this a home run? Until the adminstation brings in a young head coach, from a winning program things will not change! MCHS needs a young coach trying to make his own name and prove to the world I can coach! No better place to prove it, than MCHS.

I am not bashing anyone, just giving my two cents.

What connection does Eric Privett have with Bozeman? Did he play for him, I can't remember what year s Eric played? Still don't think it is true they ran Boze off can't see him coming back.
Bosseric Bozeman was a great coach he was in a hell of a district and a lot of the kids could not handle the work ethic he required. I don't think Boze is coming back. I know one thing they better get on the stick and find someone, I think payne is there only option right now, it may not be the best one or what they want but what else are they gonna do? Bozeman ain't coming back.
Have always been amazed by rumors when a job comes open.

Rumors I heard today:

Justin Bozenman has been offered Job.
Clinton Gay is coming out of retirement to take Job.
James Payne will be new head coach at McCreary Central
Coach Mullhollan will be new Coach.
Lucas Ford has been promised job by Ad and Principal.
Robert Jones will be new Coach

Take all that and see what you can do with it
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Have always been amazed by rumors when a job comes open.

Rumors I heard today:

Everyone on the list that has been a head coach has proven they can't do the job. If Bozeman is home run, Whitley co would have given him the head job last year.
Payne deserve a shot! The kids love him !

Hire Payne or bring a good young coach in
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Have always been amazed by rumors when a job comes open.

Rumors I heard today:

Bozeman would be best hire on this list, Gay is retired, payne is a convenient choice, kids are iffy about him, mohollen absolutely not, who is the Ford guy? Rob Jones lol
Anyone they bring in will need at least 5 years before anyone could judge them. McCreary co has athletes but the problem remains keeping them interested, eligible and in school! Admin is going to have to support whoever they pick because it is ultimately a joint effort.
BossEric Wrote:Everyone on the list that has been a head coach has proven they can't do the job. If Bozeman is home run, Whitley co would have given him the head job last year.
Payne deserve a shot! The kids love him !

Hire Payne or bring a good young coach in

Bozeman didn't want whitley job, not all the kids love payne, I do think he is the most convenient choice though.
1988 Raider Player Wrote:Bozeman didn't want whitley job, not all the kids love payne, I do think he is the most convenient choice though.

Bozeman 0-20 when he was the head coach. had his chance. Whitley Co didn't want him. Give Payne a chance.
Does Ford still teach at Somerset? If so, talk about dedication. Teaches in Somerset, yet the head man at Caverna. That would make total sense & who could blame him.
BossEric Wrote:Bozeman 0-20 when he was the head coach. had his chance. Whitley Co didn't want him. Give Payne a chance.

You sure like to bad mouth everyone who ever had anything to do with McCreary Central Football. For someone who tries to make people think you are from Pulaski Co. You put a lot of time in trashing Anything McCreary tries to do. :ChairHit:
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Does Ford still teach at Somerset? If so, talk about dedication. Teaches in Somerset, yet the head man at Caverna. That would make total sense & who could blame him.

I think it was posted on another sight, he took the OC job at Somerset.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I think it was posted on another sight, he took the OC job at Somerset.

Heard this morning, Payne is in the running. Hubby said he was the 2nd choice.
Wow. Really? So, Caverna is now open again?
BossEric Wrote:Heard this morning, Payne is in the running. Hubby said he was the 2nd choice.

No problem with that choice. I will support anyone they choice to hire. Good luck and hope the make right choice. Just need to get it done and quit talking about it.
I would love to see the Raiders have success,but I dont see a good young coach coming to a place that is out in the middle of nowhere with not much support for the f
ootball team.
Don't lose hope McCreary fans. Success can be had. Got to get the right guy in place.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next