Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Changes??
Mjolnir Wrote:Just a thought here, you(shady) and A little rusty start a petition that plainly states we don't want any new students enrolling at SV esp. If they can dribble a basketball and are males. It seems to be fine if they are female e.g.(begging Profit to come back)
Not satisfied as a ex-player or ex-coach or as a player denied playing time ----TRANSFER!!!!!!!

Because if they dont have any regard for KHSAA rules and guidelines I doubt there gonna take a little petition seriously.
Reliable Source Wrote:Hearing now that Rowe is retiring so now there are just two PE teachers on the chopping block. Hearing also from some parents and teachers that the Napier/Hicks relationship is not what it used to be. Sources say to promote himself to the kids and parents he through Napier under the bus telling them all in the locker room and boosters meetings that Napier offered him 3000$ to offset his moving expenses when he moved to take the job but Hicks turned him down saying it wasn't right and he wouldn't take money from kids or operate that way and he has told them that now he has had to battle with Napier to get things basketball needs but thats what he does cause he works hard for them and he will continue to battle. Not wise for someone in his shoes.

In other news I am hearing many Pikeville big wigs are trying to get E. Justice to Pikeville and bring his Norwegian. Heard they are going to take care of his wife with a job too and that he has told them he wants it but cant take it til he gets his teachinng certificate from Alice Lloyd. Im guessing even if he can't get a certificate this year Bart Williams is just a placeholder til he does.

Heard this, heard that, sources say, I am hearing, heard another thing, my source tells me, blah blah blah.
HEard today from a co-worker that Prestonsburg Boys job will most likely not be open.
There were alot of rumors around this job about a month ago.
UK#24 Wrote:HEard today from a co-worker that Prestonsburg Boys job will most likely not be open.
There were alot of rumors around this job about a month ago.

And they will have another 6 - 22 season. How stupid are they in Pburg. :ChairHit:
Even if they fire Hicks at Valley your son wont get to play Shady, and Bartley wont be the next coach Source! I think its a Valley curse or tradition that if you are the head coach you must be undermined by someone on your staff. Don't get me wrong here, Im not a fan of Hicks. He hasn't proven to me he can coach a lick, anyone can yell "work harder", "play harder", and I have yet to see where he teaches the game. But I will say, he does bring in some talent and that makes up for it, and you people complaining about teacher jobs should be thankful. Im no expert but aren't teacher jobs determined by number of students? When is the last time a Students transfered for a science or math class? I can think of 5 kids he has had transfer in the last 2 years and a couple of them have been talented. People come to see talent so your gym attendence goes up and the school gets more money I imagine. Again don't confuse this with I support recruiting or getting tranfers! I am just pointing out that some of you folks are making bad arguements! Make it about coaching, not teaching, not money or politics, not transfers, just coaching. Is he a great coach? If he was he would be somewhere in the 7th region or at a powerhouse school in another. Hes at the right place for his ability level as are the kids, and the facts are your local coaches haven't proven anything other then they can stab people in the back. Thats just my honest oppinion.
UpYours Wrote:And they will have another 6 - 22 season. How stupid are they in Pburg. :ChairHit:

when the principal and the football coach r best friends and the basketball coach is a football guy and football coach, no1 cares about basketball.
as for Valley, Hicks aint going anywhere.
UK#24 Wrote:when the principal and the football coach r best friends and the basketball coach is a football guy and football coach, no1 cares about basketball.
Instead, they are going to run off the first baseball coach to take them to a state tournament appearance since the 50's.

Until the administrators at Prestonsburg realize that their football program isn't nearly as good as they think it is (1 state finals appearance by current administration) then all other sports will continue to suffer. Football is #1 at Prestonsburg and there is NO WAY that they will allow another sport to compete with their precious football program.
BCF4L Wrote:Instead, they are going to run off the first baseball coach to take them to a state tournament appearance since the 50's.

Until the administrators at Prestonsburg realize that their football program isn't nearly as good as they think it is (1 state finals appearance by current administration) then all other sports will continue to suffer. Football is #1 at Prestonsburg and there is NO WAY that they will allow another sport to compete with their precious football program.

The principal should be the one getting fired and not the baseball coach. The baseball coach treats his kids very well and doesn't curse or belittle them. It's a shame that you have someone that treats the kids as good as he does is fired. I have heard from a very good source that an individual that was fired from one of the feeder programs for cursing and belittling the kids to the extreme will be coaching at the high school this year and maybe even at one of the other feeder programs of Prestonsburg's. How messed up is a principal that would allow someone that has treated kids in such a manner back into the program after less than a year removed. Also what does that say about a Superintendent that would allow this to happen. Floyd Co. schools are a mess. It's no wonder they are losing kids to schools in other counties.
Glory Days Wrote:The principal should be the one getting fired and not the baseball coach. The baseball coach treats his kids very well and doesn't curse or belittle them. It's a shame that you have someone that treats the kids as good as he does is fired. I have heard from a very good source that an individual that was fired from one of the feeder programs for cursing and belittling the kids to the extreme will be coaching at the high school this year and maybe even at one of the other feeder programs of Prestonsburg's. How messed up is a principal that would allow someone that has treated kids in such a manner back into the program after less than a year removed. Also what does that say about a Superintendent that would allow this to happen. Floyd Co. schools are a mess. It's no wonder they are losing kids to schools in other counties.

It wouldn't be the first time that it's ever happened to him...Do a little research about where and why it happened before.
Bob Seger Wrote:It wouldn't be the first time that it's ever happened to him...Do a little research about where and why it happened before.

Interesting......got any details for those of us who don't like to do research.... Confusedinglepar
Nope!!

It's easy enough attained, if you start checking a little.
THOMCAT Wrote:[quote=sprucepinetiger]

I'm hearing Ashland.

Same
BCF4L Wrote:Instead, they are going to run off the first baseball coach to take them to a state tournament appearance since the 50's.

I said the same thing months ago. Prestonsburg believes in their football, dosnt matter what the rest of us believe or know..Its what they think and they think they are a football school..Ive still got friends that work for the school system (my wife did for nine years), friends I played ball with at that school..It seems the thought process hasn't changed at all since I was there. They all tell me its pretty much the same..