Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calloway County 73 Knott County Central 68 Final
Congratulations Knott County Central on a good season. My radio was telling me you guys was getting screw...I know i witness it the night before watching Doss and williamsburg game LIVE...But in the end we ran out of gas. Confusederiously:
Same kid took both fouls correct? Hmm. These two singular plays do hurt but Evan got hit and undercut all night and nothing. Atrocious.
The ref who called the 5th foul on justice , if he had been from the mountains t short would of had his car repoed , the tattered got mashed
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Same kid took both fouls correct? Hmm. These two singular plays do hurt but Evan got hit and undercut all night and nothing. Atrocious.

I'm just saying that the two calls everyone got worked up about were good calls. Chance stepped right into the one kid's path and Cam without a doubt extended the arm to get around him.

I can't account for every play of the game, but what you see is what you see and those were good calls. Watching them live I thought they were 50/50 at best, but those were both easy calls right in front of the ref.

And I don't know what you're trying to imply with in the bolded.
The_Rock Wrote:Thats what Justice does. He drops 40. That press conference killed me when I saw those boys upset like they were. I have coached against those kids for years and known them a long time. All 4 of them are so nice and welll mannered. Always friendly. They are very hard workers. I was wanting to see them go out as state champions. If you watched the game at all, you know the officials were one sided. Knott would bump them one end and they would call a foul, Knott gets bumped on other end, no call. Saw that 15 times. I just hope PCC doesn't get done that way next year if they go. It would be hard for me to take. Officials made a killing tonight.

And you were a coach? What did you coach may I ask? Most coaches grow up and admit when they lose they either turned it over to many times fouled to much or couldn't hit free throws. Seems every time I read something from you , its the refs fault. Maybe I am missing something. Did you ever coach a descent varisty team?
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm just saying that the two calls everyone got worked up about were good calls. Chance stepped right into the one kid's path and Cam without a doubt extended the arm to get around him.

I can't account for every play of the game, but what you see is what you see and those were good calls. Watching them live I thought they were 50/50 at best, but those were both easy calls right in front of the ref.

Everyone likes to complain, but no one wants to walk in the refs shoes.... I wonder how many people would like 500 people showing up at their place of work and yelling at them obscenities, and dhow bad they suck, and getting on this forum to tell everyone how bad they are? Not many I bet.. Those guys aren't perfect, I have some close friends who are very good, but everyone misses calls. You can't call everything you see, games would turn into 3 hours games and no one would sit through that. No wait, a year or so ago when they wanted to call all the touches, most here complained, too much called. Too much , not enough, not good enough.... Point is we are all human, why can't they be?
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm just saying that the two calls everyone got worked up about were good calls. Chance stepped right into the one kid's path and Cam without a doubt extended the arm to get around him.

At this point I honestly don't care.
I've NEVER been more disappointed in my life and it's a shame.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:I've NEVER been more disappointed in my life and it's a shame.

Don't worry, you've got next season for it to happen again!!
No I never had coached a decent varsity team and I have NEVER complained about any officiating in my life until last night. Who in the hell have you coached and what have you done that makes you want to question my opinion. I think Knott got screwed. Don't matter what you say or who or what I have coached. I am childish and act stupid some times. I am sorry Knott has beaten the breaks off YOUR TEAM the past 4 years. Sad that most of you guys around here are jealous of KCC's success. Should be proud of them, Im sure they would of been supporting your team if they would of went to State.
Ivebeenthere Wrote:Don't worry, you've got next season for it to happen again!!

I'm not disappointed in the boys...
The_Rock Wrote:No I never had coached a decent varsity team and I have NEVER complained about any officiating in my life until last night. Who in the hell have you coached and what have you done that makes you want to question my opinion. I think Knott got screwed. Don't matter what you say or who or what I have coached. I am childish and act stupid some times. I am sorry Knott has beaten the breaks off YOUR TEAM the past 4 years. Sad that most of you guys around here are jealous of KCC's success. Should be proud of them, Im sure they would of been supporting your team if they would of went to State.

First, I haven't coached. I only read here. I am not jealous. I was hoping KCC and JCC would both win. I happen to be proud of East Ky. Teams when they go down there. KCC was a very good team! my point is there is a word called responsibility... It never gets used. We are responsible for our actions. Kids are responsible if they don't play well, or commit stupid things. Most try to point to others eg. referees or coaches. you have a right to think what you want and a right to your opinion. I just grew up in a era when you didn't talk back to coaches, officials were respected and parents weren't involved with their kids games.. we need to get back to that
Man I agree with you. No need for players talking to the refs and stuff. That kills me. I just thought those calls they made on Cornett and Justice at that crucial part of the game should of been no calls. The kid flopped twice. Refs see it every night. There is a kid or two that does it in every single game for every single team. I honestly feel like those refs were paid off last night. KCC wasn't playing Louisville Ballard. They were playing a team that wasn't as big as them, wasn't as strong, and wasn't as athletic. Played a team that shot 50 free throws and they were for sure good at that. Calloway was a very smart team though and had great coaching. Good luck to them the rest of the way and I hope all the teams get a fair shake because to some, its a once in a lifetime opportunity. Felt like the boys from Knott got screwed. I sure would hate to see my children get done that way. It would be really be hard for me to take.
When the event staff from Rupp apologizes to the players,, something is up..
Ivebeenthere Wrote:First, I haven't coached. I only read here. I am not jealous. I was hoping KCC and JCC would both win. I happen to be proud of East Ky. Teams when they go down there. KCC was a very good team! my point is there is a word called responsibility... It never gets used. We are responsible for our actions. Kids are responsible if they don't play well, or commit stupid things. Most try to point to others eg. referees or coaches. you have a right to think what you want and a right to your opinion. I just grew up in a era when you didn't talk back to coaches, officials were respected and parents weren't involved with their kids games.. we need to get back to that

Respect officials that call sh*ty games? You want respect,, you earn it.. Not just because,, that's how it should be.. I hope that one ref pulled more than a hamstring. I hope he's wheelchair bound for life..
Mix1 Wrote:Respect officials that call sh*ty games? You want respect,, you earn it.. Not just because,, that's how it should be.. I hope that one ref pulled more than a hamstring. I hope he's wheelchair bound for life..

I agree to a certain extent about the bolded.

KHSAA doesn't have that good of a referee training/licensing process.

To be a referee, all you have to do is pay the fee, pass the background check and pass the Part 1 exam. 100 questions... and I think you have to get a 75% or better.

If you want to do post-season, you have to pay the fee before a certain date get an 80% or better on the Part 2 exam and take an online rules clinic that.... well, let's just say it's very generic and not that good.

I know every region has an officials association. And they do have some meetings and "training" amongst themselves.

The referee position in any sport is authority. Some referee's have never played the sport that they referee. So to say they don't understand what the kids go through in the off-season and every day in practice is true.
Some refs don't condition and aren't in the best physical shape for their sport. Athletic competition means more to the kids than getting to referee a sport. The kids that want to win and be a champion train and practice year round to be a state champion.

Some, not all, referee's do nothing to better themselves for the upcoming season. And that is not right. How can somebody respect somebody who does that? Just because they are a referee doesn't mean they know the sport or deserve to be in that position.

I know getting to referee the state tournament in any sport is an accomplishment. And the assigning secretary usually makes the recommendation to the KHSAA who is ready or deserves to referee the state meet from their region. However, I disagree.

The KHSAA really needs to change the way referee's are chosen for post-season play. Just because somebody says a ref is ready for the state meet doesn't make it so. The KHSAA needs to send their Commish./Asst. Commish. to the evaluate the prospected referee's.

The referee's have a hard job.
It's not about being 'liked' by everybody in the gym, but it is about Earning Respect from the coaches and players by being Fair, Firm and Consistent.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Well I think I've officially beat a dead horse.

Best of luck to Knott County as they move forward with building that program back up. I hear they have some good kids on the way up.
Congrats to Calloway Co... Great coached team, Calloway played well..

Congrats to Knott's seniors on a nice run
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Calls have been missed all tournament..

The refs have not cost anyone a game yet..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Which ref was from Indiana? N which ref was the tall ref? I wonder do each ref get a grade after the game to move on to the next round. Or do khsaa already have each ref assign for each game? I noticed that one of the from last night game ref the first game today.
andy griffith Wrote:No wonder no one outside of the mountains can stand yall. All that smack talk about the mountains, then cant take a loss like an adult. Ive watched a lot of basketball in my many years, and I didn't see anything one sided. Ask yourself this how mny games has your Kentucky wildcats got to take a lot more free throws. The answer is a lot. Ive bashed Kentucky just to pick it yall, but the truth is Kentucky is really good this year, and that's just 1 of the strengths of that team. Take it to the hole, and put it in with the big men, plus draw fouls. I watched the KCC, and calloway game. Justice could score at will, but calloway had no justice, so they ran it down the floor real quick to see if KCC, would get back on defense, if there wasn't a quick score opportunity they just passed the ball 20 times till someone was open. If no one could get open after a bit they would go inside draw a foul, and hit their free throws. A foul is a foul if 1 team goes to the hole, and gets fouled more it should be called more on them. You cant just look down at a stat sheet if you are a ref, and say well ive called more on KCC so ill let them keep fouling, and not call it so calloway doesn't get more foul shots. Are the refs supposed to put a mark on a piece of paper to look at, and say well they have gotten 9 more foul shots so I need to nitpick calloway more so KCC can get thir turn at free throws. Seems most complaining are from eastern Kentucky, so its obviously sour grapes. Where is fat pat. All that running of the mouth, getting on my nerves at least he could get on here, and congradulate calloway, and show his face.
I didn't see the game. Thanks Zaga for providing video; I have to agree with you.
Should have been no calls but still agree. Although Mr. Griffith is liberally rubbing
salt in the KCC wounds, he has provided the only objective synopsis of the game.
So, is this how others saw the game: (1) try to beat the defense down the floor,
(2) take it if it is there, (3) if not, reset and be very patient on shot selection,
and (4) the priority is to get the ball in the paint by passing to the bigs or by driving?
If so, it sounds like Calloway played old school, tournament basketball. As Rupp
said when asked about Maravich, "He'll get his 50; we'll play team ball and win.
^ That was it in a nutshell... very well coached and disciplined team in Calloway is what I saw.
I know knott is crying about the calls being one sided I look for them to make some bumper stickers like hazard did back in the 80's "not defeated just cheated" only difference is hazard was in the final 4 not the first game. I guess the knott fans have a short memory they are belly achin about how it is wrong to do kids that way well what about the way they have done to other kids. When cordia played them last year there was a 40 to 12 free throw difference but you did not hear me get on all the boards and cry sure I thought it but I kept it to myself. Knott just need to suck it up and go on. I guess they realize now that Tommy Hall has not done them any favors in the long run by taking care of them in the region. When they get down state and run up against calls that don't go their way they fold. It has happened the last four years. Knott has basically played 5 players over the last 4 years with virtually no bench and I will guess they probably have not had more than 5 players foul out in 4 years. Come on man!
Buford T Justice Wrote:I know knott is crying about the calls being one sided I look for them to make some bumper stickers like hazard did back in the 80's "not defeated just cheated" only difference is hazard was in the final 4 not the first game. I guess the knott fans have a short memory they are belly achin about how it is wrong to do kids that way well what about the way they have done to other kids. When cordia played them last year there was a 40 to 12 free throw difference but you did not hear me get on all the boards and cry sure I thought it but I kept it to myself. Knott just need to suck it up and go on. I guess they realize now that Tommy Hall has not done them any favors in the long run by taking care of them in the region. When they get down state and run up against calls that don't go their way they fold. It has happened the last four years. Knott has basically played 5 players over the last 4 years with virtually no bench and I will guess they probably have not had more than 5 players foul out in 4 years. Come on man!
Lol. I don't understand why people from the mountain don't support teams from the area. But I guess people rather see kids from the mountain fail instead of bringing a state championship back to the mountains no matter what team is playing. I will always support any team from the mountains no matter if I support them or not.
Knott had 4 chances to win and missed 4 bunnies with in 2 feet of the basket Hall twice and Christian twice...Knott played a weak schedule with the team they had they should have schedule harder competition that's to blame on the coach. Perry Central played a harder schedule than Knott they played 5 teams in sweet 16 was 3 and 2 Knott played only Cov Catholic in December when they were figuring out their line up. Knott never gets the calls at Rupp like they do in the 14th. If you think yopu got a state contender in any sport you need to play the Big boys and not play the sisters of the poor.
i always said a great team is one that will not let the refs be a factor. get them down hold your foot on their throat and never let them see the the light of day.
The 14th will be the weakest region in state next year
No Brad that is not true. 13th, 15th, and 16th all will be worse than the 14th. More politics and good ole boy coaching going on in those regions.
Perry won't make it out of the first round next year either if they win the 14th
13th region 14th region and 15th region are usually the weakest in the state every year. And you would think as much recruiting that's done that they would surly be able to win a first round game at the sweet 16, the issue is the refs give one team or another the breaks during the season and then when they get to Lexington they don't get the calls they get back in the mountains a lot of politics are involved, its more physical at the sweet 16 and the refs lets them play. Perry may be the favorite next year but I don't see them winning it. The regions at Knott County next year I believe and its untelling who will win it. We got to wait and see who recruites the hardest by December before we can make a prediction on any miountain regions.