Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer joining the ranks of looking for a new coach?
Talk is that Ashland will be announcing on Monday that they will be looking for a new boys basketball coach.
They did have a bad year this year. Even with Miller being hurt. Gotta get those W's to keep folks happy.
There has been a rumor since district tournament of a 15th region coach being their next coach.
THOMCAT Wrote:There has been a rumor since district tournament of a 15th region coach being their next coach.

I was thinking that after Adam Howard left Tennessee he might want to come home and help out his old team.
I don't know that they need a new coach. What they obviously need is a new recruiter and a new benefactor.
THOMCAT Wrote:There has been a rumor since district tournament of a 15th region coach being their next coach.

Frankie Smith?????????
Welcome Wrote:Frankie Smith?????????

:Thumbs:
I'd be going after Tommy Mckenzie..The guy can flat out coach. He builds his program from within and works it and keeps it going year after year no matter how many he loses.
Truth Wrote:I don't know that they need a new coach. What they obviously need is a new recruiter and a new benefactor.

How dead is that horse? I believe you were a Rose Hill supporter and you're making recruiting comments about another school? In the words of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday, "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." I however contend that if the new coach can convince the athletes at the school to play they will contend in the 16th. Did you know there are two Ashland kids that played AAU with the D! Greyhounds not playing for Ashland?
The Real Truth Wrote:I'd be going after Tommy Mckenzie..The guy can flat out coach. He builds his program from within and works it and keeps it going year after year no matter how many he loses.

Great suggestion.... but not gonna happen.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The Real Truth Wrote:I'd be going after Tommy Mckenzie..The guy can flat out coach. He builds his program from within and works it and keeps it going year after year no matter how many he loses.
As a wise man once told me... It's more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than it is the X's and O's... Ashland simply had no Jimmy's and Joe's after Miller got hurt early in the season.
washed up Wrote:How dead is that horse? I believe you were a Rose Hill supporter and you're making recruiting comments about another school? In the words of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday, "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." I however contend that if the new coach can convince the athletes at the school to play they will contend in the 16th. Did you know there are two Ashland kids that played AAU with the D! Greyhounds not playing for Ashland?

Baker did and isnt playing. Villers is playing Thorton is no longer at Ashland who is the other one?
washed up Wrote:How dead is that horse? I believe you were a Rose Hill supporter and you're making recruiting comments about another school? In the words of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday, "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." I however contend that if the new coach can convince the athletes at the school to play they will contend in the 16th. Did you know there are two Ashland kids that played AAU with the D! Greyhounds not playing for Ashland?

Creeker Wrote:As a wise man once told me... It's more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than it is the X's and O's... Ashland simply had no Jimmy's and Joe's after Miller got hurt early in the season.

I still believe that if Ashland had Flynn they would have had a better record.
Welcome Wrote:Baker did and isnt playing. Villers is playing Thorton is no longer at Ashland who is the other one?

OBryan played for a while.

Well, of course Rose Hill recruited. When did they ever deny it? Private schools have no political boundaries and must recruit all their students. Obviously, that is how it must work. So, while recruiting, why not go after athletes as well as others.

Unlike private schools, you government schools have both political boundaries and boat loads of tax dollars to entice recruits. Of course, when your benefactor retired and/or quit paying the rent, you boys lost several promising athletes (Remember Dixson and his cousin from Illinois?).

The difference between Rose Hill and your boys is that Rose Hill is not a hypocrite. So, when you get a new coach, be sure to add a recruiter and a benefactor to the staff even as you shout your "holier than thou" crap. We all know how it works although some admit it and some don't.

As for your coaching situation, in this day and age I doubt that any of your four finest coaches (Jimmy Anderson, George Conley, Bob Wright, and Paul Patterson) could coach at Ashland. They were all demanding coaches. I understand Biggs was much like them. However, as the country continues to "soften", hard liners are out of style.

Finally, you haven't won the region since 2002. All excuses aside, that has to sting the tradition a bit, don't you think?
Coach Cook old LC coach. Turned that program around quick. Then on to MErcer County and once again turned the program around. Young coach who puts the work in to turn program around. If Ashland is smart they at least give him a call!! 3 20 plus seasons in row. District champion first year at Mercer.
Truth Wrote:Well, of course Rose Hill recruited. When did they ever deny it? Private schools have no political boundaries and must recruit all their students. Obviously, that is how it must work. So, while recruiting, why not go after athletes as well as others.

Unlike private schools, you government schools have both political boundaries and boat loads of tax dollars to entice recruits. Of course, when your benefactor retired and/or quit paying the rent, you boys lost several promising athletes (Remember Dixson and his cousin from Illinois?).

The difference between Rose Hill and your boys is that Rose Hill is not a hypocrite. So, when you get a new coach, be sure to add a recruiter and a benefactor to the staff even as you shout your "holier than thou" crap. We all know how it works although some admit it and some don't.

As for your coaching situation, in this day and age I doubt that any of your four finest coaches (Jimmy Anderson, George Conley, Bob Wright, and Paul Patterson) could coach at Ashland. They were all demanding coaches. I understand Biggs was much like them. However, as the country continues to "soften", hard liners are out of style.

Finally, you haven't won the region since 2002. All excuses aside, that has to sting the tradition a bit, don't you think?

You are the one yelling. I am not from Ashland and didn't go there. I just get tired of reading the same ole crap from you. If you don't have any additional insight do yourself a favor and copy and paste your posts it will save you time.
To not be from Ashland and to not have gone there means nothing. Your continual defense of them speaks much more. And, to be honest, I'm not from Rose Hill and I didn't go there. My posts are to highlight the hypocrisy practiced by your boys. And, I am always factual. If, to you, that is "yelling", turn down your hearing aid and admit the truth.

Actually, I thought my post presented some legitimate facts and questions. I would like to see you rebut any of it in an intelligent manner. Maybe I expect too much.
Personally, I would like to see Ryan Bonner, one of the assistants get a shot. Ashland graduate, played with a lot of heart, is young and can connect with the youth, and goes all out in everything he does.
Facts????? Who to I defend them to outside of you? What is the theme that I always object to? Based on the consistencies, what conclusion would a reasonable person be able to achieve? I don't have any ill will toward you as evidenced by my agreement with some of the things you say as well as my wishes to the private schools in Northern KY that you root for. I just wish you would come up with something new, if you want to be a message board "gangsta" then by all means be an "OG." If you have no new material, why cant you leave the dead horse alone?
As for intelligence, if you measure by post secondary and grad work then I am ok. I don't however look down on people who decided not to go the educational route in life. You see, I take my car to a mechanic when it has a problem and not to a lawyer.
I heard Allen Hatcher or Jason Booher
washed up Wrote:As for intelligence, if you measure by post secondary and grad work then I am ok. I don't however look down on people who decided not to go the educational route in life. You see, I take my car to a mechanic when it has a problem and not to a lawyer.

Of course, you may have to see that lawyer if the mechanic ruins your car.:biggrin:

Seriously, it is not good for your region to have Ashland down so long. Thus, I hope you find a coach who can gain the support of your students and their families as well as your ardent fans. Paul Patterson, when at Ashland, never lost a game in your region. He was a man of integrity who played strictly by the rules. I hope you can find someone like Paul Patterson and I wish you well in that pursuit. Of course, some of your people didn't like Patterson because he didn't run and gun. All he did was win. It just shows that you can't please everyone.

As for intelligence, we both know that, in the real world, degrees and professional designations merely open doors but don't guarantee that we will successfully move through those doors.
I concur on all points.
Ashland should seriously consider naming Bill Bradley as its new coach. No coach at Ashland since Paul Patterson has enjoyed the success achieved by Bill's Kittens. They have won four straight regional crowns and advanced to the semifinals of the state tournament in 2014. Naming Bill would be a promotion (some may call it a lateral move) from within the system- always a good move for employee morale. He certainly knows the school system and the politics that always go with a high profile program. Also, Bill, has prior experience in coaching boys and is highly respected by the basketball community locally and statewide. It is always a positive to be able to add that he is a lifelong resident of Ashland.

I have no idea if he would be interested or not but he would be a fine choice.
I have heard the name Adam Howard.
Adam Howard, Shawn Thacker, Frankie Smith, Jason Booher, Brandon Baker, Faulkner Twins, and Tommy Mckenzie all have been mentioned. What about the possibility of Strader pulling a Billy Donovan and taking the job?
16BBall Fan Wrote:I have heard the name Adam Howard.

Howard departed Tennessee in a rather negative manner. Was he a perpetrator or a scapegoat and, in truth, does it matter in regard to a tainted past?
Welcome Wrote:Adam Howard, Shawn Thacker, Frankie Smith, Jason Booher, Brandon Baker, Faulkner Twins, and Tommy Mckenzie all have been mentioned. What about the possibility of Strader pulling a Billy Donovan and taking the job?

How many of these are ACTUALLY candidates, and how many are just out there on someone's wish list?
Welcome Wrote:Adam Howard, Shawn Thacker, Frankie Smith, Jason Booher, Brandon Baker, Faulkner Twins, and Tommy Mckenzie all have been mentioned. What about the possibility of Strader pulling a Billy Donovan and taking the job?

lol....Why would someone who has won 4 straight regional titles at a school that is so far superior to Paul Blazer in every facet (academically & athletically)?..JC has won 6 regional titles since the last time Paul Blazer has won one...That would be a major demotion. What an ego some of you Tomcat fans have!!:lmao: