Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JC in 07?
Nope, it is South Point. Just learned that today. They decided to keep us on their schedule so we play them first game instead of LC
wow, spring football for the eagles is starting early-= good luck eagles.
So they aren't going to be playing Lexington Catholic this season?
Nope.
^^ Hate to hear that, would've been an excellent game for them to play in. Its not one of them make or break the season games, but gives you an overall perspective of where your team stands and what improvements need to be made to advance deep into the playoffs once again.
They will do good
I don't know why they would schedule South Point again. Went to that game and they completely dominated SP. The only player that the Pointers had was their qb...who graduated, but might be a sign that JC won't be as good as what people think they will be next year or maybe a confidence booster for the Eagles. Would rather them play someone tough like LC.
IRISH4 Wrote:I don't know why they would schedule South Point again. Went to that game and they completely dominated SP. The only player that the Pointers had was their qb...who graduated, but might be a sign that JC won't be as good as what people think they will be next year or maybe a confidence booster for the Eagles. Would rather them play someone tough like LC.

If I understand it correctly JC and SP had signed a cortract to play each other in 06 and 07 and SP thought about backing out which would have let JC schedule LC instead, but SP decided to keep JC on their schedule.
Old School Wrote:If I understand it correctly JC and SP had signed a cortract to play each other in 06 and 07 and SP thought about backing out which would have let JC schedule LC instead, but SP decided to keep JC on their schedule.

Thanks for correcting me, I knew Matney wouldn't back out of playing anyone. He's one heck of a coach.
Not many teams look for an away/away series such as South Point, JC lucked out when scheduling them.
GRIZZ Wrote:Not many teams look for an away/away series such as South Point, JC lucked out when scheduling them.
Johnson Central will be playing at South Point this upcoming season.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:JC should have another great season. Grimm will run all over everyone again.
Mostly he ran around them.
Another site said they were hosting South Point in the Big Sandy RECC Bowl, so that is where the confusion came into play. I've also read that they are trying to get Henry Clay to come to Johnson Central, but Henry Clay wants it as a home game.
Well I was at the spring football scrimage at Highlands field the other night and i noticed that Ian Welch Wasnt Playing safety. When i made a statement on it, someone told me that he wasnt playing this year. Does anyone know the story behind Welch or what?
Does anyone know the situation on welch. When i attended the football scrimage at highlands the other night i realized that Ian Welch wasnt playing safety, When i asked someone told me he wasnt playing this year? That will put the eagles in a bind looking for a safety to fill Ian Welch's spot someone told me he is in the record books with 13 interceptions last year.
What is the deal with Welch He wasnt at the scrimage for Spring football. Someone told me he wasnt playing this year. I think he had 13 interceptions last season i would hate for them to loose him i liked watching him play.
What is the deal?
I don't knkow for sure but my son goes to school with Welch and he says that Welch is going to Sheldon Clark next year.
My son goes to school with Welch and he says that Welch is going to Sheldon Clark next year.
For the record I like Ian...but hes makes alot of excuses and he has been talking sheldon Clark since he was a freshman...IMO I think that say that hes goin to Sheldon Clark is just a cop out because he didnt want to practice in the spring.
That may be true I don't know I just know what he told my son. But honestly I don't look for Ian to go anywhere.
I've been told by reliable sources that he is transferring to Paintsville.
He is not transferring to Pville trust me I KNOW!!! He has said he is going to go to Sheldon Clark only if JC Teacher Randy Ward gets the SC Basketball job, which doesn't look likely. IMO he will be back at JC next year and playing football. The real reason he didn't practice this spring was because he was LAZY! He has a girlfriend and wanted to spend every minute of his life with her lol.
What does JC's schedule look like, how many home games will they have this year?
I was told that Welch was withdrawn from JC the other day. Is this true?
I spoke with a JC student and they told me that he may have started the process of transferring to Paintsville as of Thursday.
eaglehoops Wrote:He is not transferring to Pville trust me I KNOW!!! He has said he is going to go to Sheldon Clark only if JC Teacher Randy Ward gets the SC Basketball job, which doesn't look likely. IMO he will be back at JC next year and playing football. The real reason he didn't practice this spring was because he was LAZY! He has a girlfriend and wanted to spend every minute of his life with her lol.

lol, those girlfriends have ruined a many of a high school football player, just ask al bundy, 4 touchdowns ina single game at Polk High.

[Image: http://www.arcinema.com/images/NCAA_2006_Bundy.jpg]
If he transfers wouldnt he have to set out a year? Whatever happens, I wish him the best, he is a sweet kid and has a good family, again I wish him the best.
Welch has not withdrawn from JCHS. I was there today and seen him in the halls. He isn't going anywhere. He will be on the field and playing this season for the Golden Eagles.
Thats good to hear, hate to see someone with great potential have to sit out a year because of the transfer rule. Your JR. year in HS is probably the most important year for a HS kid as far as recruiting goes.