Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JC in 07?
I had a chance to talk with Coach Matney a few weeks ago and he is a real asset to the Johnson County School System. I am thrilled with his leadership of the Eagles and to Jim I say, "Keep it coming, Coach!"
Matney is a fantastic coach, but he has an excellent staff around him too. Coach Glenn Reeves an Stewart Cook have done wonders for their defense. And Tony Burchett has made them the rushing threat they are with his O-line coaching style. I can't wait to see them this season.
Looks like JC is going to have a tough schedule this 07 season, after playing Ashland (9-3 in 06) , Montgomery Co, Bryan Station and Woodford Co. (8-4 in 06) in district play. Their non-district schedule includes Paintsville in the annual Apple Bowl, Belfry (11-3 in 06 @ Belfry) and Louisville Central (11-3 in 06 @ JC) a semi finalist in last years 3A playoffs. Does anyone have any info on the other 3 games?
Old School Wrote:Looks like JC is going to have a tough schedule this 07 season, after playing Ashland (9-3 in 06) , Montgomery Co, Bryan Station and Woodford Co. (8-4 in 06) in district play. Their non-district schedule includes Paintsville in the annual Apple Bowl, Belfry (11-3 in 06 @ Belfry) and Louisville Central (11-3 in 06 @ JC) a semi finalist in last years 3A playoffs. Does anyone have any info on the other 3 games?

Week 1, @ South Point, OH (6-4 in 06, OVC Champs)
Week 2, Conner @ JC in Touchstone Energy Bowl
Week 4, @ Wheelersburg, OH (9-3 in 06, Ohio Div. 4 Playoff Team)
Keepnitreal Wrote:Week 1, @ South Point, OH (6-4 in 06, OVC Champs)
Week 2, Conner @ JC in Touchstone Energy Bowl
Week 4, @ Wheelersburg, OH (9-3 in 06, Ohio Div. 4 Playoff Team)

Thanks I forgot about South Point.
I would love to see the JC/Belfry game. That game would be a shootout.
who all do u think will step up for central in 2007
A kicker hopefully.
Matney will demand all of them to step up.
Central will have another strong season and realy rally the area again but I dont think this team can top what last years team accomplished, that was just an absolutely amazing season.
RIVAL Wrote:Central will have another strong season and realy rally the area again but I dont think this team can top what last years team accomplished, that was just an absolutely amazing season.

I agree Central had an amazing run similar to the one my team made back in 2001. We lost just about all of our linemen, QB, and stud WR but returned many key players that started since their sophomore year. If JC can stay healthy and keep away from late season injuries then I expect them to go deep again. They have a favorable schedule in which they should just out muscle everyone until late in the playoffs. I look for them to get back to the state semi's this up-coming season with another strong offensive unit and a smothering defense. Best of luck and here's to an injury free season.
they have a very tough schedule, I believe they'll go deep into the playoffs and finish 10-3, somewhere around there..but nonetheless a great season. Good luck to Johnson Central though..I'd love to see them duplicate what they done last year, or go even farther!