Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Softball
Softball season started Tuesday. Who do you think will be the top teams to beat?
Same as always...

Pikeville
East Ridge
Valley

These three above anyone else...
Valley will be lacking this year. They lost 5 of their 7 starters and from what I hear have to replace the entire outfield and a catcher. Even if Bentley is playing her A game Valley needs people to back her up.
7 starters?
Pikeville will be very strong- they only lost one starter- and are all around very solid and athletic
9 my bad
er only lost 3, amanda salyers, anne floyd, and melinda ratliff. Amanda can be replaced easily, could have been replaced last year actually. Anne played short, which Jami Baldridge will play this year. She was the best hitter and short stop for the state championship ER senior league team. Courtney Conly was the cather for that team, and will be taking Melindas place. Pikeville will be really tough also, only losing their 3rd basemen, but she was their best hitter as well. It will be an all out war between these two all season long.
Pikeville only lost one player. But it should be a building year for them.
I dont know if I would call it a building year. If Pikeville wants to win region the next 5 years they better do it this year or next.
east ridge should have a lot of young talent right? Didn't they win state or something like that?
I wouldn't call it a building year for Pikeville....but with the way that it sounds...it should be between Pikeville and East Ridge all season long.....two very good teams!

I don't think that Pikeville has missed a Fast Pitch Softball Regional Championship EVER.....and I don't expect them to miss it this year eaither.
it will be pikeville and ER in the district and regional championships, you all can take me up on that later on.
I would like to see PC play pretty good with a new coach and all
I agree JS
i didnt know softball started sooooo soon. What dont they start later and lat it warm up a little bit
They start at the same time as baseball....have to start now if they want to finish before school is over..
it doesnt have to be over before school it out does it?
No....but they don't want it to run too long into summer.....and to get all the games in you have to start now....I don't think that it's a bad thing.
I would really like to see a game this year
Its tough when you have basketball players on the team. They have to come in later, after the team has almost been built.

Pikeville should have a great team and so should East Ridge. Even though they lost alot, I wouldn't count out Shelby Valley. They always seem to have a good team

Also, softball usually goes a week or so after school lets out depending how far you make it

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:24 pm:

Hurley, Pike Central has a good coach and continue to just get stronger and stronger. They were pretty descent last year
The board needs to build Central a better field....playing at Mullins right now and I went to a couple of games there last year and it SUCKS!!!!
True that Beef. They need to file Title 9 or whatever it is. They could get a huge facility if they tried. I heard South Laurel (I believe) filed that and they have a field that should be on ESPN. It's ridiculous how girls teams don't get anything that they deserve.
I agree the Central girls deserve a new field. They are working hard and getting better and a new field would make them feel a lot better about everything.
Paintsville won't be very tough team wise, but they do have 2 very good players. Chelsee Jarrell will hit quite a few out this year and hit for a high average. Remember this name, Jesikah Russell. She improved more than any player last year as an 8th grader. She plays shortstop and gobbles up everything hit her way. She is taller and much stronger this year. She'll hit for a high average and just might put up some good power numbers. She's 5'7" and very strong and just a freshman, so the 15th region will have to contend with her for 4 more years :lol: :lol:
Well my pick would have to be Pikeville because they return a lot of key starters...I really dont get to watch ER or SV play a lot but i know they will be right up there with Pikeville
does anyone know is PCC is going to be any good this year?
Haven't heard much about PCC this year, however they did get a new coach and they have some talented players. So ya never know what might happen on the hill but I dont see them contending with valley, er, and pikeville this year.
Pike Central is improving. They should have a decent team this year with Savannah Slone and Lindsey Weddington. Not sure who their pitcher is, but they should be alright. I also dont see them competing with Pikeville and the rest but any kind of improvement is for the better.
Central softball shouldnt be anything to see for a while lol

But, pikeville, valley, er should be the contenders this year.
Belfry will be "ok". But with the exception of them, er, sv, and pville are the top 3 teams. Its a total shame only 2 can make region every year.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of having the 3 best teams in the same district.