Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 2005
Coming off their best season in school history in 2004.. But they have lost about 12 or so seniors and possibly the best backfield in school history.. I know Donnie Daniels can work miracles with what players he has.. So how do you all think the Raiders will do in 2005...

Ill give my opinion later.
I believe that Coach Daniels will field a pretty good team that will be very competitive in his District. They have a few good lineman back after losing a couple of the best around to graduation. Their QB and ends are returning. The backfield will be where someone must step up because of the huge loss of Wes Hall and Joe Osborne. A small school like SF does not usually get two players like this at the same time that are talented and with winning attitudes to boot. If coach D can bring someone in that can put up decent numbers they will be fighting for a spot in the playoffs. He may not be much of a plumber but he sure can coach.
I think that South Floyd will have a very good season with qb Ryan Johnson coming back who passed for over 1,000 yards after settin out the first two games cause of injury and reciever Justin Slone back after havin 800 yards recievin and 50 catches the Raiders will do great things this year!
I think that they'll have another successful season under coach daniels.....They lost their backfield, but they return a lot of talent and should be a pretty good team come next year
i didnt kno justin slone had 800 yds thats better than the receivers are getting at uk and there a college team ryan j is a great moblie qb he reminds me of vick can run and throw he can make great plays with his feet that will be there running game this year whos gonna pick up the slack for the raiders slone and johnson cant do it thereselves they need help maybe on that offensive line and give johnson some time to throw and run
i think that SF will be ok this up coming year but i heard that Ryan Johnson and TJ hall was going to play...those are 2 key player on O and D for the raiders in 05'
while i love the Raiders i must say....

it all depends on the rest of the district... Last year they benefited from Hazard havin their worst team in school history and Paintsville havin a easy team. This upcoming season if Hazard and Paintsville have their teams back up to par then SF will have a hard time pulling off big win season. But i am sure they will return to the playoffs again...
I think that Donny and his crew of Raiders will once again b seen in the playoffs......Johnson with Slone will make an awesome combo again...
There offense looks to be of good quality but what about defense? any head hunters?
SF lost 7 of their starters on D.. BUT return a tough couple In Slone,Hall,Little And Tripplett.
couple?...you listed four?.......i have to say SF surprised me last year it was a whole lot closer then what it should have been..im looking for good things out of them next year as well......good luck raiders
I was only going to list 2 BUT i jus figured id list who would b coming back from last yr's D..
I think they will give pikeville a run for their money as district champs this year. they didnt really lose that many players, but their D will have to step up
yeah they lost a big hole in the D when they lost Robert Mullins to grad. Dusty Moore,Wes Hall, Gabe Stewart were also some playmakers the Raiders lost to Grad.