•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs. Mercer County
21-7 Mercer County
RUSSELL WILL WIN IT...Russell are the Olympians who overthrew the TITANS at Mount Olympus.. Zeus,Hera, Hades, Posiedon... you know the story... I believe if you look up Zeus in the mythology books his real name would translate into MORRIS.. and the Devils come from HADES, so right there you have it.. The Olympians are actually the DEVILS....... So history is already written .. let it be so and give Russell their just DUE... The Titans will be dethroned like history has stated,, history repeats itself and this Friday will be the date of pronouncing...... Devils dethrone the Titans....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
The titans don't have a throne to be dethroned from. That would be the defending state champs from Russell. I'll still say that Mercer is just to good for Russell. The Titans win by 2-3 TD's.
TRAIN85 Wrote:The titans don't have a throne to be dethroned from. That would be the defending state champs from Russell. I'll still say that Mercer is just to good for Russell. The Titans win by 2-3 TD's.
DUDE !!!!! it is hypothetical. TITANS=Mt.Olympus=throne of destiny=football
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
SEKYscout Wrote:I have a question about these "point bets" though....it says the odds with Mercer are 1/1...so if I bet, do I not gain anything back by betting right except for the points I wagered?

Actually I'll explain it. With Mercer being the favorite to win the odds were set to 1-1. What this means is that you win one for every one you bet. You will get back your original bet plus another point for every point you bet. So 1-1 will actually double your points.
DEVIL89 Wrote:I agree with devilologist we need to get that new turf like at Rock Hill, Belfry, and LOUISVILLE. We need to put a buzz in the ear of the AD, and BOARD members to get this started.

We can sit around all we want and say football brings in all the money it should be spent on the football program. I've talked to the AD about turf grass and his hands are tied when it comes to this issue. The AD has a budget and his job to make sure every sport is treated equally. I'm connected with the majority of boys and girls sport at Russell in one way or another, and admission at some of the games would not bring in enough to pay the referees or umpires at times. It takes money for these programs to be successful. Russell excels in Athletics by dominating Districts titles, expecting Regional titles, and most of the time competing at the State level in just about every sport. That is something to be proud of and I think the money is being well managed by the Athletic Director.

I've also talked to the board about the turf grass and the field house issues and I've been told what needs to be done to make these projects happen. It could be done individually, or a group effort would be better. Bring an idea and a plan to the table at a board meeting, along with any financial commitments from businesses or individuals that would help the cause. In other words bring some money to the table and believe me the board will bend over backwards to help these projects from a financial standpoint. I'm also told there is grant money for these types of projects, but it would take somebody applying and lobbying for it.

The championship ring project was a success. If I'm not mistaken our friends at Belfry were contacted for some advise since they had just done it 2 yrs in a row. They might be able to give us some ideas on how they were able to get their turf grass. I don't know for sure what CAM stands for, but it probably has something to do with a major contributor to this project. Rock Hill's field should be named "Duke Energy" who funded their field.
Devil68 Wrote:We can sit around all we want and say football brings in all the money it should be spent on the football program. I've talked to the AD about turf grass and his hands are tied when it comes to this issue. The AD has a budget and his job to make sure every sport is treated equally. I'm connected with the majority of boys and girls sport at Russell in one way or another, and admission at some of the games would not bring in enough to pay the referees or umpires at times. It takes money for these programs to be successful. Russell excels in Athletics by dominating Districts titles, expecting Regional titles, and most of the time competing at the State level in just about every sport. That is something to be proud of and I think the money is being well managed by the Athletic Director.

I've also talked to the board about the turf grass and the field house issues and I've been told what needs to be done to make these projects happen. It could be done individually, or a group effort would be better. Bring an idea and a plan to the table at a board meeting, along with any financial commitments from businesses or individuals that would help the cause. In other words bring some money to the table and believe me the board will bend over backwards to help these projects from a financial standpoint. I'm also told there is grant money for these types of projects, but it would take somebody applying and lobbying for it.

The championship ring project was a success. If I'm not mistaken our friends at Belfry were contacted for some advise since they had just done it 2 yrs in a row. They might be able to give us some ideas on how they were able to get their turf grass. I don't know for sure what CAM stands for, but it probably has something to do with a major contributor to this project. Rock Hill's field should be named "Duke Energy" who funded their field.
CAm stands for Central Appalachian Mining
mcharles3 Wrote:CAm stands for Central Appalachian Mining

Thanks for the info. Did they fully or partially fund the field? I wonder if they would be interested in building a CAM Field House at Russell. Keep in mind Belfry would be using the field house every other year. It would be nice if the facility could house the visiting team overnight. :zzz: They could fund the turf grass, but the field is already named after Coach McGlone. The only thing we have left without a name is the field house, but we will name something after them.
Mercer- 45
Russell-21
I think Mercer is a little to much for Russell to handle, so I*'ll take the Titans 35-7
Midee1 Wrote:Actually I'll explain it. With Mercer being the favorite to win the odds were set to 1-1. What this means is that you win one for every one you bet. You will get back your original bet plus another point for every point you bet. So 1-1 will actually double your points.

Thank you very much.
Heres an interesting link about 'MERGER"......http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=27241&format=html
jgrubby Wrote:Heres an interesting link about 'MERGER"......http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=27241&format=html

I read that one. A bit biased isn't it?
You think?? Although it is a complement about Russell's "power"
jgrubby Wrote:You think?? Although it is a complement about Russell's "power"

True but didn't that article also say how slow Russell was?
Lets just let them think that way!
jgrubby Wrote:Lets just let them think that way!

I agree it's our little secret.Confusedhh:
CAM2006 Wrote:Mercer may have a very good team but I don't think they can beat Russell by 30

Yea they will. You just think that because Russell beat Belfry. Belfry is good but not good enough to handle Mercer. I've got Mercer by 30 too.:rockon:
CG#20 Wrote:Yea they will. You just think that because Russell beat Belfry. Belfry is good but not good enough to handle Mercer. I've got Mercer by 30 too.:rockon:

Here is a question for you. Have you witnessed both teams play? If not how can you judge either team. Russell will be OK they may get beat but I highly doubt that it will be by 30. There has not been a team that has beaten Russell by 30+ in several years. I figure if they lose it will be 7 or less.
I Agree With Midee!!!!!! Gosh...You'll NEVER Hear Me Say that Again..LOL
CG#20 Wrote:Yea they will. You just think that because Russell beat Belfry. Belfry is good but not good enough to handle Mercer. I've got Mercer by 30 too.:rockon:

HMMMM...???:thatsfunn Thats it Midee1 lets tell Russell to stay home. Its going to be a wasted trip. CG said so.

What does Belfry being able to handle Mercer have to do with this thread? Russell handled Belfry and gets the opportunity to face Mercer in the final game.
The starting lineups are up now if anyone wants to take a look at them here is the link. http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/aaflipcardweb.pdf
That has to be the most ridiculous looking devil I have ever seen. That'll put the fear into you.Rolleyes
Midee1 Wrote:That has to be the most ridiculous looking devil I have ever seen. That'll out the fear into you.Rolleyes

I agree with that it should look more like this. :devilflam
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I agree with that it should look more like this. :devilflam

The sun devil even looks better than what is on the website.

Heck this is tougher looking than that devil.
Hey Midee1 do you know how much is it to ride the charter bus to the game got somebody wanting to know?
Midee1 Wrote:The sun devil even looks better than what is on the website.

Heck this is tougher looking than that devil.

HA
That's funny.... Think the KHSAA wanted Russell to appear harmless?
I think thats the way the Devils look through the eyes of the Titans.Confusedhh:
That is the goofiest looking devil I have ever seen.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next