•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs. Mercer County
SCS_0855 Wrote:Russell by at least 12. Last year Russell beat Mercer Co. 41 to 26. I know that Mercer Co. is much better, but one team does not get that much better in just one off season. Plus Russell has been there before, so I'm going to have to take the Red Devils in this one, 27 to 10.

One team may not improve that much but two varsity teams put together might.
SCS_0855 Wrote:Russell by at least 12. Last year Russell beat Mercer Co. russell41 to 26. I know that Mercer Co. is much better, but one team does not get that much better in just one off season. Plus Russell has been there before, so I'm going to have to take the Red Devils in this one, 27 to 10.

Have to agree with ya on this one! Russell has been there and done that, so Russell won't get caught up in the hype, leave that to Mercer and Russell will bring there smash mouth "D" to the box. Devils by 7:redboxer:
Russell really proved to me that they where really good after they beat the Pirates impressivley. But the good season will be coming to an end Friday in L'ville.

Mercer-35
Russell-20
FBALL Wrote:Heres a question. Who had the most impressive win in the state semis?

Russell on the road with there shut out of an outstanding Belfry team.

Or

Mercer Co with there shutout of a injury depleted O Cath at home.

I may be biased but I thought Russell's win was much more impressive.

Got to go with the Russell/Belfry game. Belfry had not been shut out at home since 2002. Plus they had home field advantage. Being held to 39 yards rushing from that vaunted rushing attack had to be the icing on the cake.

Belfry/Russell no doubt.
Midee1 Wrote:Got to go with the Russell/Belfry game. Belfry had not been shut out at home since 2002. Plus they had home field advantage. Being held to 39 yards rushing from that vaunted rushing attack had to be the icing on the cake.

Belfry/Russell no doubt.
official stats had 33 yards rushing on 29 attempts for Belfry.
I ask the question of the offensive set and its a wishbone...what if any thing could we do better that you all seen at Belfry to stop Merger......Do you all think that they wil go to the air??more than Belfry did???
[QUOTE=Midee1] Belfry had not been shut out at home since 2002.QUOTE]

Ironton put the goose egg on Belfry in 03
FBALL Wrote:official stats had 33 yards rushing on 29 attempts for Belfry.

thats really impresive..
Where is the link to the pictures of Mercers facility and their team picture???? I think it is funny that the facilities are built before they have a new school..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Where is the link to the pictures of Mercers facility and their team picture???? I think it is funny that the facilities are built before they have a new school..
http://www.mercertitans.com
Thanks dude!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Check out this slide show looking back on last years state title game that Kevin Goldy of the daily independent published this morning www.dailyindependent.com/homepage/local_story_330011514.html

Click on the writing in the story to view the slideshow.
I'll take Mercer Co in this one, just like I've taken them all year. Mercer is your state champs.
Showtime_05 Wrote:[QUOTE=Midee1] Belfry had not been shut out at home since 2002.QUOTE]

Ironton put the goose egg on Belfry in 03

So they did. The paper stated that it was Breathitt in 02. I think they may have meant that Belfry has not been shut out by a AA team at home since 02.
Midee1 Wrote:[QUOTE=Showtime_05]

So they did. The paper stated that it was Breathitt in 02. I think they may have meant that Belfry has not been shut out by a AA team at home since 02.

Really? I thought Belfry hasn't been shut out since the Pike County Bowl in 03'?
Well the announcer on the radio said that Johnson Central won Friday... How would youl ike to wake up and read it the other way in the paper..... I dont know who stopped Belfry in the past but I know WHO showed up Friday night.......
Panther#42 Wrote:[QUOTE=Midee1]

Really? I thought Belfry hasn't been shut out since the Pike County Bowl in 03'?

They were shut out in the Pike Co bowl in 03. But it was by AAA Boyd Co. They meant that Belfry has not been shut out by a AA team at home since Breathitt in 02.
Mercer in a closer game than people think, 30-16
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Well, once again, same scenario. We should just stay at home and not even show up for the game, because we're going to get killed..............NOT!!!!

The buses will be leaving the school at 9am Thursday morning. Should be the same parade route. They are staying at the Executive Inn (same as last yr.).

I'm pulling for Russell but you are playing a school that has 1000 kids and are playing 2A ball. KHSAA done a fine job on this one.
I can't believe the khsaa would post false information about Merger. I was looking at the state finals roster and they only have them listed for 683 students.I would say its more like 900 or more now.
I believe the KHSAA is still posting what is still at Mercer Co. school. The 2 school's have not merged yet, just the athletic teams of the 2 school's. The high school that is being built I believe is not finished yet that is why they have not merged the school's yet.
Devil68 I was told they were leaving on Wed. morning, are they leaving Wed. or Thurs. because I want to be there when they leave?
DEVIL89 Wrote:I believe the KHSAA is still posting what is still at Mercer Co. school. The 2 school's have not merged yet, just the athletic teams of the 2 school's. The high school that is being built I believe is not finished yet that is why they have not merged the school's yet.
Yeah but they have Merged athletics and students so I believe people should know the truth about how many kids they have now.:thumpsup:
Last year Mercer had 717 students and Harrodsburg had 239 (numbers come from KHSAA web-site). total 956. Isn't that a little big for a 2A school. We must understand it's not the kids fault. And, we must remember that the KHSAA makes everthing fare for all the kids in the state. Where did they get 683?
DEVIL89 Wrote:Devil68 I was told they were leaving on Wed. morning, are they leaving Wed. or Thurs. because I want to be there when they leave?

Thursday morning scheduled to leave at 9am. We didn't leave until ~11am last year because the charter buses out of Charleston were late due to a wreck on I-64.
If you plan to follow the buses, they will be making a stop at Lex. Dunbar high school to practice on their field (field turf).
We could just go ahead and put in ours so we would not have to go to Rock Hill, or lease that early to play on someone elses field.... I had heard that the possibilities of turf last year was really good, now it should be a little better if we continue to show the type of competition we can play.
There is a parade for the team at 9 am on Thursday. There is a school board meeting tonight to decide if school will be let out on Thursday all day/half day at all etc. Should know tomorrow morning at latest.
Im gonna take Russell in this one! By a td!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next