•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs. Mercer County
last year all i herd was russell couldnt play with ocath high power spread attack russell be tired in 4th quarter to many players playing both ways so we will show up play with heart pride tradition respect for there coaches and defend that with there last drop of sweat and may lose but be destroyed never and i dont think there coaches and players think that
Bigman Wrote:Be honest to yourself!! Mercer will destroy Russell! Mercer is combined with Harrodsburgh now,,Could be reigning Champs for a while!
Be honest. Russell can play with Most schools from larger classes. Mercer has two win one befor the can be reigning anything. They better win now because next year they jump up to 5A.
Mercer by default
Bigman Wrote:Could be reigning Champs for a while!

I'll go out on a limb here and say this. IF Mercer wins the state championship this year they better enjoy next year. They won't be reigning champs more than the one year. When they move up to 5A and play with that group they will be an average team.
I'm for Russell. I want that title to come back to Eastern KY once again. But I'm gonna have to go for Mercer here. Look at their record. Their closest game has was a 13 point win. I'm not from Western KY so I don't know those teams. No doubt some of them are bad teams. But surely not all of them. Just look at them through the playoffs. Thats domination right there. I hope Russell wins..but it'll be a tall order.

Opponent: Score
Lexington Christian 63 - 0 (W)

South Laurel 53 - 6 (W)

Garrard County 49 - 0 (W)

Boyle County 27 - 14 (W)

Casey County 66 - 19 (W)

Newport 27 - 6 (W)

North Oldham 68 - 7 (W)

Henry County 64 - 15 (W)

Lloyd Memorial 64 - 14 (W)

Spencer County 68 - 19 (W)

Lloyd Memorial 54 - 7 (W) Class AA District 5 Semi-Final

Newport 43 - 7 (W) Class AA District 5 Championship

Larue County 56 - 14 (W) Class AA Region 3 Championship

Owensboro Catholic 43 - 0 (W) Class AA State Semi-Final

Russell ?-? Class AA State Championship
RedDevilStXIUFan Wrote:OC didn't match up well with Mercer at all. They were/are a more finnesse team, running their spread offense and leaving their defense on the field alot. Russell and Belfry are better suited to give Mercer a really good game. IMO Russell's offensive line must get better at controling the line of scimmage so we can control the clock more. The defensive line must continue to plug things up so that our linebackers can make the plays. if we do that, Russell can and will win. We have the depth and the talent, now we need to execute.:redboxer:
I agree with most of your post, but how do you know Russell will win? Russell is more suited to contend with Mercer.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I'll take Russell on this one.

21-20

GO RUSSELL!!!!!!!!!!! :devilflam :letsparty
I think this will be the best team that Mercer has played this year. Russell has a big line that will control Mercer more than most want to think. I say Russell gets two in a row! I know that a lot of Pirates will be behind Russell to bring the title back to the East. This is one class the West has struggled to take and they will have to wait one more year to get a chance. Mercer will lose their last 2A game to a great team, coach, and fans!

Russell -28
Mercer- 21
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Defense wins championships! Russell wins this game & become the
Back to Back champions. Go Red Devils we'll be pulling for you.
Coach Wrote:I'm for Russell. I want that title to come back to Eastern KY once again. But I'm gonna have to go for Mercer here. Look at their record. Their closest game has was a 13 point win. I'm not from Western KY so I don't know those teams. No doubt some of them are bad teams. But surely not all of them. Just look at them through the playoffs. Thats domination right there. I hope Russell wins..but it'll be a tall order.

Opponent: Score
Lexington Christian 63 - 0 (W)

South Laurel 53 - 6 (W)

Garrard County 49 - 0 (W)

Boyle County 27 - 14 (W)

Casey County 66 - 19 (W)

Newport 27 - 6 (W)

North Oldham 68 - 7 (W)

Henry County 64 - 15 (W)

Lloyd Memorial 64 - 14 (W)

Spencer County 68 - 19 (W)

Lloyd Memorial 54 - 7 (W) Class AA District 5 Semi-Final

Newport 43 - 7 (W) Class AA District 5 Championship

Larue County 56 - 14 (W) Class AA Region 3 Championship

Owensboro Catholic 43 - 0 (W) Class AA State Semi-Final

Russell ?-? Class AA State Championship
You know what I'm for Russell to but this is what I'm basing my prediction on. Mercer has dominated every team they've played, even top teams like OCath and Larue County. Sorry guys I stick with my prediction Mercer by at least 21.
ukno08 Wrote:honestly they combined with another small school should be 3a or 4a but still playing as a 2a.....

But arnt we (Russell) going 3a next yr? its comin down to who wants its more, and who is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Russell CAN beat mercer
mercer will take this one
Russell will go to AAA next year because that is what the male enrollment entitles us to play at... If you look at MERGER right now they are at 530 boys for the consolidated school, Russell has 356... These are current numbers.....
AShland- 516
Merger- 530
Perry County Central- 488

That is 160 male enrollment difference,,, 160 boys to choose from..thats the same enrollment as RACELAND right now... That is alot of talented young men who could make a difference..... I just dont see how this consolidation rule is FAIR...Look at the number.....
Now on the bright side... Ashland has 516 boys and it took 3OT to loose that game and that was the worst game we played in the last 3 years....
I still think we can stick with/ beat MERGER......
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Mercer by 14
PureRedDevil Wrote:But aren't we (Russell) going 3a next yr? its comin down to who wants its more, and who is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Russell CAN beat mercer
Yes I know. Like I said in my post we can't sit and complain about it. I don't care how good everyone says they are we are going to come out and be even more psyched for the state game. Mercer better watch out were coming for them.
Mercer
Devilologist Wrote:Russell will go to AAA next year because that is what the male enrollment entitles us to play at... If you look at MERGER right now they are at 530 boys for the consolidated school, Russell has 356... These are current numbers.....
AShland- 516
Merger- 530
Perry County Central- 488

That is 160 male enrollment difference,,, 160 boys to choose from..thats the same enrollment as RACELAND right now... That is alot of talented young men who could make a difference..... I just dont see how this consolidation rule is FAIR...Look at the number.....
Now on the bright side... Ashland has 516 boys and it took 3OT to loose that game and that was the worst game we played in the last 3 years....
I still think we can stick with/ beat MERGER......

We also had numorous oppurtunities to win that ashlands game also...
Mercer by 35
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I agree with most of your post, but how do you know Russell will win? Russell is more suited to contend with Mercer.

If you read the post, you'd see that I didn't say I know they are going to win, I said we can play with them. We don't need to be in awe of there program. We beat them last year on our way to the championship. Granted, that was last year. Everyone says how deep they are since they added the Harrodsburg kids. Well, Russell is deeper this year as well. I just feel the same way as you. Russell is better suited to contend with Mercer. One thing I learned in our short time at St X. Depth of talent on a football team usually leads to victory. While Mercer may have an advantage there, I think this Russell team, has the ingrediates to beat Mercer. They must execute to do so. I don't think it will be a blowout like some people have posted on here. Which ever team executes best will win. Hopefully, that answers your question. [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...icon10.gif]
There is no way in the world Russell will beat Mercer!! It's just not gonna happen! But i wish Russell the Best of luck!!!!!
russelldevils54 Wrote:We also had numerous opportunities to win that Ashland's game also...
your exactly right we could have ended it so many times but we didn't execute.
ukno08 Wrote:your exasctly right we could have ended it so many time but we did execute.

i mean we didnt execute
Rocky Wrote:There is no way in the world Russell will beat Mercer!! It's just not gonna happen! But i wish Russell the Best of luck!!!!!

Kind of like there is no way Russell could stop the freight train that was Belfry from running up the middle????
Midee1 Wrote:Kind of like there is no way Russell could stop the freight train that was Belfry from running up the middle????

Russell turned the freight train back to the station, which I think they will do it again against Mercer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Panther#42 Wrote:Im all for Russell winning this game, if they do, it will be by 3 or less points, no one in class 2A could put up two TD's on Mercer's defense
Mercer aint ever played
:devilflam The Russell Red Devils:devilflam
[size=2]though have they. I bet we score more than 2 touchdowns.
[/size]
Mercer Co 57 Russell 7
Bricklayer, what planet are you living on?!? Have you seen Russell play or do you just dislike them that much? :goofy: 57 to 7? Geez!
Russell will win state.
ukno08 Wrote:Mercer aint ever played
:devilflam The Russell Red Devils:devilflam
[size=2]though have they. I bet we score more than 2 touchdowns.
[/size]

Actually they have. Last year was a 42-26 win by the Devils.
Well if Russell can compete with Mercer's team speed then it will be a great game. But of they cant stay with all the track stars Mercer has it could be ugly. GO Devils.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next