Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, time for Stoops to go....
I think bringing Dawson in for OC is gonna help things alot if he can get Towels to look more than 10yds down field. They got some big physical receivers which is something we don't have, some bigger DB's, and some huge huge lineman. Then they got a steal with the only RB in this class in King from GA...This RB is one of th fastest you will see with SEC speed. With Dawson calling the plays now, I look for them to do better if Stoops and Elliott can get this defense to stop giving up 40-60 points a game. So im willing to give him 5 years as long as the wins keep going up. You have to remember what we had before Stoops plus big name coaches wasnt knocking on the door for this job in the first place..
I will give Brooks credits on some recruits that was just over looked, that turned out to be great college players. The part I don't understand about people calling Brooks a great coach is all the mediocrity, no SEC championships, never playing in a championship game, never being revalent. I was season ticket holder from Curry to Joker. Beating L S U was probably the greatest game ever at Comonwealth. I just though he never took it to the next level where I thought we was going to win every time we took the field. I may have seen to much bad football,but for me to call someone a good coach they have to be revalent, and to be a great coach you have to play for Championships.
It takes time for a program to be on the come up and compete at a high level. You already have to a proven winning program to have a coach come in and just immediately win. We didn't have that, it's gonna take a little time. If we were in another conference, it would be happening quicker like Duke in the ACC. But we're in the best football conference in America. And to whoever said Louisville is a program trying to win National Championships, your best shot was when you played in the Sugar Bowl, it's not happening anytime soon.
Louisville fans aren't satisfied with eight wins....they want more. We have been in the conversation a couple of times. Get out of the SEC if you want to win more football games. But then you might have to join a real basketball conference. UK fans wouldn't like that.
insideinfo Wrote:I will give Brooks credits on some recruits that was just over looked, that turned out to be great college players. The part I don't understand about people calling Brooks a great coach is all the mediocrity, no SEC championships, never playing in a championship game, never being revalent. I was season ticket holder from Curry to Joker. Beating L S U was probably the greatest game ever at Comonwealth. I just though he never took it to the next level where I thought we was going to win every time we took the field. I may have seen to much bad football,but for me to call someone a good coach they have to be revalent, and to be a great coach you have to play for Championships.

Brooks had Kentucky ranked in the Top 10 with wins over two top 10 ranked teams #9 UL and #1 LSU. Brooks beat every team in the SEC west but Alabama and scared the crap out of a #2 ranked Alabama team in 17 to 14 game in Tuscaloosa! Brooks wasn't always the luckiest guy he lost 3 overtime games at Kentucky and 2 of them were to UT! If he would have got those 2 wins over UT the UK program probably moves to the level we all want to see. The 2009 season is the year that Rich Brooks had targeted to win the SEC EAST. He has Cobb, Matthews, Connor, Lock and 4 SR O-linemen and the Best DB in the SEC in Trevard Lindley. Before the season starts Brook's best DE fails a drug test and is kicked off the team, Lindley gets hurt and is never ever the same, Lock also gets hurt and misses a bunch of time. Starting QB gets hurt too. The 2009 team beat Auburn and UGA on the road starting a freshmen QB! The very next year Auburn wins the national title! Also some UK fans don't realize how great D. Lock was, he long jumped over 26ft which is very close to world class and he was always faster than Randle Cobb ! Lock's back up that year Alphonso Smith has made a NFL team every year since he left UK! You can't say Rich Brooks is a bad coach because he didn't play for titles while at UK! That 2009 UK football team was loaded with talent and finished 3-5 in the SEC! Dude the football Gods have a major problem with Kentucky football and that's a fact jack!
Im sorry but this whole thread is just stupid. The team has gotten better. He has brought in better recruits then we have ever had. Everything is on the rise. Stoops was and still is the right man for the job. I really cant comprehend how anyone can think otherwise at this point. Now if things go back downhill this year i could understand him being on the hot seat. But to say he should be let go now is just idiotic.
dore20 Wrote:Im sorry but this whole thread is just stupid. The team has gotten better. He has brought in better recruits then we have ever had. Everything is on the rise. Stoops was and still is the right man for the job. I really cant comprehend how anyone can think otherwise at this point. Now if things go back downhill this year i could understand him being on the hot seat. But to say he should be let go now is just idiotic.

So is Stoops recruiting efforts.
Yes.. UK is better ... but so are the others. Ole Miss. Miss. State are way better now than the Brooks era. Then you added mizzou and A&M ...two more good teams.
dore20 Wrote:Im sorry but this whole thread is just stupid. The team has gotten better. He has brought in better recruits then we have ever had. Everything is on the rise. Stoops was and still is the right man for the job. I really cant comprehend how anyone can think otherwise at this point. Now if things go back downhill this year i could understand him being on the hot seat. But to say he should be let go now is just idiotic.

Were is the proof that Stoops has brought in better recruits?? Here is a little info for you. In 2011 a Joker Phillips coached Kentucky team lost to Georgia 19 to 10 and beat UT 10 to 7. In 2012 Joker lost to Georgia 29 to 24 and lost to UT 37 to 17. Also note that Georgia was SEC East Champ in 2011 and 2012. Joker lost to Georgia by a average of 7 points a game and had a 1-1 record against UT! Mark Stoops on the other hand lost to Georgia in 2013 by a score of 59 to 17 and in 2014 by a score of 63 to 31. NOTE Georgia was not a SEC East Champion either year Stoops lost to them! Stoop's is losing to Georgia by a average of 37 points a game! Joker beat UT in 2011 and lost to them 37 to 17 in 2012 , the average loss for Joker to UT was 10 points per game. Mark Stoops lost to UT in 2013 by a score of 27 to 14 and in 2014 by 50 to 16 that averages out to be 23.5 points per loss VS UT for Stoops. Please tell me how losing to a Non Sec East Champ Georgia by 37 per game is better than losing to a SEC East Champ Georgia by 7 per game??? Tell me how going 1-1 VS UT and losing by 10 per game is worse than going 0-2 and losing by 23.5 per game??? Just because Matt Jones says UK is better now doesn't make it true! Just because 247 rates Stoop's recruits higher doesn't make it true either!
Where can you show me we are better. Looked just like the same old out PLAYED out COACHED bunch we have had for a while now. I will give Brooks some credit his bunch never quit during the season they played hard every time out. We sure didn't see that last year. For all of you that think I'm bad mouthing Stoops your wrong, he inherited a mess,and this mess will never get better until DIPSTICK is gone.
stoops is the best thing since rich brooks.. be glad you got stoops and joker phillips still.. tell the AD at UK to spend some of that basketball money on the football program... but that will never happen. Cal4prez
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Matt Jones is a joke. He says what UK fans want to hear. Basically he is a tool. UK beat a very bad UT team that year. In the bowl game against FSU that team had thirty players suspended. You are not going to win in the SEC with three star recruits. You got to have some four stars. Look at the five stars Bama has along with mostly with four stars. Huge haul again for the Tide.
You can't compare Alabama and KY in football. And we can actually beat top teams in the country when it comes to basketball, you all can't stay in a conference.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Louisville fans aren't satisfied with eight wins....they want more. We have been in the conversation a couple of times. Get out of the SEC if you want to win more football games. But then you might have to join a real basketball conference. UK fans wouldn't like that.

As I said earlier you are usually CLUELESS!!!!!
Lol....far from it. UK FANS ARE DELUSIONAL AS THEY COME. It doesn't matter how the facts lie.. you still wouldn't get it.
Spartan4Life Wrote:stoops is the best thing since rich brooks.. be glad you got stoops and joker phillips still.. tell the AD at UK to spend some of that basketball money on the football program... but that will never happen. Cal4prez

This is a great point. Glad that new stadium is free and so is the new practice facility because they would never spend money on football.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:This is a great point. Glad that new stadium is free and so is the new practice facility because they would never spend money on football.

Good point Brooks.
stoops will have a better career than brooks in my opinion.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
yeah lets just go back to the joker years.. you people are idiots if you think we should fire him. He is in a complete rebuilding phase with the shit of a roster that the last staff left us with. Look at the improvement from year one to this one.
Spartan4Life Wrote:stoops will have a better career than brooks in my opinion.

I think so. Brooks called for facilities upgrades and was very vocal about the investment he thought was needed to take the team to the next level. Never got it in his tenure but at least its finally happening.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:You can't compare Alabama and KY in football. And we can actually beat top teams in the country when it comes to basketball, you all can't stay in a conference.

What a dumb comment. Can't stay in a conference? Every conference U of L moved into was an upgrade. Now the Cards are in a Power 5 conference. What did you expect them to do? Great move for All athletic programs. And the Cards ranked in a lot of those sports. We are talking football. But since you brought basketball up all the Cards have done is win a NC..a final four and elite eight and three straight thirty win seasons. Pretty darn good record. UK had to hire a coach with two vacated final fours...who just happened to have a quick fix number one recruiting class who has Uncle Wes , a Nike shoe agent and AAU coach funneling in kids who are worried more about their draft status than being a student athlete. U OF L is a college program with student athletes. The Cards beat some pretty good basketball teams along the way. Eleven football players were invited to the NFL combine. We play some of the best without NBA players. Don't let basketball define your life with win at all costs with a cheat like John Calipari. You will enjoy college athletics much better. If lose in the NCAA tourney are number twelve ranked baseball team will be competing.
:flush:
Fromthebleachers Wrote:What a dumb comment. Can't stay in a conference? Every conference U of L moved into was an upgrade. Now the Cards are in a Power 5 conference. What did you expect them to do? Great move for All athletic programs. And the Cards ranked in a lot of those sports. We are talking football. But since you brought basketball up all the Cards have done is win a NC..a final four and elite eight and three straight thirty win seasons. Pretty darn good record. UK had to hire a coach with two vacated final fours...who just happened to have a quick fix number one recruiting class who has Uncle Wes , a Nike shoe agent and AAU coach funneling in kids who are worried more about their draft status than being a student athlete. U OF L is a college program with student athletes. The Cards beat some pretty good basketball teams along the way. Eleven football players were invited to the NFL combine. We play some of the best without NBA players. Don't let basketball define your life with win at all costs with a cheat like John Calipari. You will enjoy college athletics much better. If lose in the NCAA tourney are number twelve ranked baseball team will be competing.
Don't get on here a blow your horn about UL having class. If UL had any class they would've never hire coaches that have been proven to be cheaters!
Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino have both admitted to being cheaters. Both cheated on their wives and embarrassed their families, friends and the Schools each worked for!!! Do you really think paying off the "HOE" he knocked up was the first time Pitino had paid someone money under the table??? People handle things in life a way that they know works! It just didn't work for slick Rick that time. You talk about SLICK some people actually think he was the victim :lmao: As far Cal and UL goes all I can say is 7-1
Petrino cheated on his wife.so did Pitino....but nowhere did that give U Of L an advantage in recruiting and get kids eligible to play. Neither do they have questionable shoe agents/AAU/ agents hanging around the program and funneling players to CAL. Who is U of L's compliance director? Bet you don't know. Handy Sandy Bell....UK's director is nationally known. Cheating is cheating. But it didn't give the Cards an advantage with talent. That is the difference. College basketball has changed for the worse. And Cal, Uncle Wes, AAU and the one and done rule are contributing factors. We want to win NC's.....but not at all costs.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Petrino cheated on his wife.so did Pitino....but nowhere did that give U Of L an advantage in recruiting and get kids eligible to play. Neither do they have questionable shoe agents/AAU/ agents hanging around the program and funneling players to CAL. Who is U of L's compliance director? Bet you don't know. Handy Sandy Bell....UK's director is nationally known. Cheating is cheating. But it didn't give the Cards an advantage with talent. That is the difference. College basketball has changed for the worse. And Cal, Uncle Wes, AAU and the one and done rule are contributing factors. We want to win NC's.....but not at all costs.

The statements you have made about Cal are rumors the statements I made about Petrino and Pitino PROVEN facts! You need to start following your program a little closer! UL just hired Leslie Strohm as its new General Counsel, the same woman at the center of the UNC Academic/Athletic Scandal UL is under fire for not turning over documents related to an internal audit of potential misdoing on a number of issues, including The Yum Center. By not firing Pitino and hiring Petrino UL clearly shows who cares about nothing but winning! What a poor example both those clowns are! UL has also hired the best "win at all cost" legal Counsel in the business! The whole YUM Center deal is nothing but a burden on the Kentucky tax payer. The YUM Center Scam has gave UL a huge advantage in recruiting too.
Seriously.....lol....rumors? Yea...he didn't know. I got some swampland in Florida I will sell you. UK hired and gave a coach 32 million dollars who left two different programs on probation with five one and does so they could quickly turn their program around. And you are calling U of L out?? He is the head coach so he should know what and who is associated with his program. World Wide Wes should not be hanging around. Let's not forget the Hal Mumme fiasco either. UK has a long history of scandal. BBN..will never figure it out.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Seriously.....lol....rumors? Yea...he didn't know. I got some swampland in Florida I will sell you. UK hired and gave a coach 32 million dollars who left two different programs on probation with five one and does so they could quickly turn their program around. And you are calling U of L out?? He is the head coach so he should know what and who is associated with his program. World Wide Wes should not be hanging around. Let's not forget the Hal Mumme fiasco either. UK has a long history of scandal. BBN..will never figure it out.

Actually you and youre UofL cronies are wrong and you've always been wrong.

Please post your facts and proof, and I will admit im wrong.
Show me where Cal has gotten in trouble. PLEASE do it.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Seriously.....lol....rumors? Yea...he didn't know. I got some swampland in Florida I will sell you. UK hired and gave a coach 32 million dollars who left two different programs on probation with five one and does so they could quickly turn their program around. And you are calling U of L out?? He is the head coach so he should know what and who is associated with his program. World Wide Wes should not be hanging around. Let's not forget the Hal Mumme fiasco either. UK has a long history of scandal. BBN..will never figure it out.

I don't get you, there's plenty of swampland in Florida for sale???? Calipari himself was not personally implicated by the NCAA in either case you are talking about! Rick and Bobby both had to be hemmed into a corner before either would admit they cheated on there wife! Cheating on your wife is probably not a bid deal to UL fans! As far as Hal Mumme goes he will forever be remembered as the inventor of the "Air Raid" offense. Mumme's big mistake at UK was hiring the slim ball Claude Bassett! As far as the Dwane Casey scandal the NCCA rescinded the penalty against him after it was shown that Casey wasn't involved in sending the package! Casey also won a $6.9 million defamation suit against Emery Worldwide! I will always believe that envelope was planted! The #1 reason Kentucky has been at the bottom of the pack in SEC football because Kentucky and Vandy have long ran the cleanest football programs in the SEC! If Kentucky had been the high bidder for Scam Newton he would never got to play a down after the facts came out in that case. Auburn has long been a member of the SEC's "GOOD OLE BOY" network! Rupp's 1954 team was not eligible for the NCAA tourney because TOO MANY PLAYERS HAD COMPLETED there course work!
UK fans have to rationalize to justify the hiring of Cal. Ask Cal what the status of his wife's marriage when they "hooked up" before you point the finger at U of L's coaches for cheating on their spouses. It's the head coaches responsibility to know who and what he has hanging around the program. The "he was never implicated" excuse is laughable. Do you expect reasonable people to believe Bledsoe passed algebra II before algebra I? Maybe.....but after hearing his interview he could barely speak simple sentences. Makes one a little wary of that accomplishment. The UMass fiasco was one thing, but go to Memphis and that program gets in trouble. Draws a little quite suspicion. 1q1 UK'S football program has been in trouble twice that I know of. Fran Curci was the coach then. UK won ten games in '77.....Curci got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Then the Claude Bassett fisaco. UK certainly got the death penalty in basketball. Some of you guys don't even know your own history. UK won't lose this season in basketball. But look at this year's roster and tell me how many of those kids wouldn't be in the NBA if the one and done rule was not in place. Many of them would have entered the draft right after their senior season was finished....and they should be able to. When the rule changes and it will the squid will high tail to the NBA. But again I ask.....how did our coaches' cheating on their wives help U of L in recruiting??? If anything it would hurt it. Having World Wide Wes involved in your program not only looks bad but risky. He is AAU, Nike representative scum who many players call Uncle Wes. Read the article Sports Illustrated wrote about him. Now...the problem with UK football is UK fans don't let basketball season end. UK is the only "basketball" school in the conference. It's football first to the other programs. Currently no SEC school is even ranked in the top 25 except UK. Change the culture or the results will be the same. There was a post on Cats Illustrated a few years go that asked the question "would you have John Calipari as our basketball coach." 98% said the same things college basketball fans across the country say. They would be afraid he would get the program in trouble. Funny how that attitude changed.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:UK fans have to rationalize to justify the hiring of Cal. Ask Cal what the status of his wife's marriage when they "hooked up" before you point the finger at U of L's coaches for cheating on their spouses. It's the head coaches responsibility to know who and what he has hanging around the program. The "he was never implicated" excuse is laughable. Do you expect reasonable people to believe Bledsoe passed algebra II before algebra I? Maybe.....but after hearing his interview he could barely speak simple sentences. Makes one a little wary of that accomplishment. The UMass fiasco was one thing, but go to Memphis and that program gets in trouble. Draws a little quite suspicion. 1q1 UK'S football program has been in trouble twice that I know of. Fran Curci was the coach then. UK won ten games in '77.....Curci got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Then the Claude Bassett fisaco. UK certainly got the death penalty in basketball. Some of you guys don't even know your own history. UK won't lose this season in basketball. But look at this year's roster and tell me how many of those kids wouldn't be in the NBA if the one and done rule was not in place. Many of them would have entered the draft right after their senior season was finished....and they should be able to. When the rule changes and it will the squid will high tail to the NBA. But again I ask.....how did our coaches' cheating on their wives help U of L in recruiting??? If anything it would hurt it. Having World Wide Wes involved in your program not only looks bad but risky. He is AAU, Nike representative scum who many players call Uncle Wes. Read the article Sports Illustrated wrote about him. Now...the problem with UK football is UK fans don't let basketball season end. UK is the only "basketball" school in the conference. It's football first to the other programs. Currently no SEC school is even ranked in the top 25 except UK. Change the culture or the results will be the same. There was a post on Cats Illustrated a few years go that asked the question "would you have John Calipari as our basketball coach." 98% said the same things college basketball fans across the country say. They would be afraid he would get the program in trouble. Funny how that attitude changed.

UK never got the death penalty. Don't act UL has never been on probation. UL got 2 years of probation after the 96' season. The violations included illegal contact with recruits by a former assistant coach and a university booster, extra benefits and preferential treatment!
If you want to talk about sleezy, look no further than that pimp Pitino. Or even Crum, hell, he was a pimp too.