Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens hire ex-Bears coach Trestman as OC
Gut, thoughts?

The offense in Chicago was a monumental flop, and they had healthy weapons. I'm just not sold on Trestman being anything other than a CFL coach.
Im inclined to agree. I was very happy with Kubiaks approach to the game. His offensive game plan was genius for this type of team. After Rice got ran out of town, I was a bit optimistic, but my how it may have been a blessing to see the entire stable of RB's that we have get good touches. Forsett turned out to be IMO a top 5 RB this year. Who knows if that will continue, but I loved the ideal of run, run, and only use Flacco when needed.

As for Trestman, I will give him his fair shake. Only one year of fair shake though. The offense in Chicago this year, was as you stated a monumental flop and I wonder if Harbaugh simply couldn't find anyone else that was available. The list of candidates were nothing much to look at. The reason I remain optimistic is that IMHO, Jay Cutler is the most overrated, overpaid QB in the history of the NFL. And its not even close. I wonder if that wasn't the biggest problem with Trestman trying to find success.
We shall see how it turns out. Still, im more inclined to think like you and think this was a bad choice.
It's a good hire for Baltimore, Trestman wasn't a good HC. But he has one of the best offensive minds in football.

I really wanted him in Oakland, supposedly he "loved" Derek Carr.

Hard to believe we passed on him.
^
I hope he throws the deep ball more. Flacco has a hell of an arm and Baltimore should have taken more chances this year. With Jones and the Smiths, IMO, its one of the better receiving corps in the league.
I will be rooting my ass off for Seattle! I have nothing against the players of the Patriots, but I can't stand their coach. Every time I look at him I see arrogance. I hope Seattle has their number like the Giants do.:biggrin: